To all 40ish women here!

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Ginlyn on July 14th, 2004, 8:06 pm

Aaron,

I think what Peg may have been trying to say is that women's hormones fluctuate like rollar coasters whereas men's stay relative even. Thus we are more "hormonal" than men :)
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

males with hormones

Postby momx6 on July 14th, 2004, 9:36 pm

Thanks for the response. I do hope you know I was referring to the female hormonal cycle that men are deprived of. I don't get the Holiday Inn connection, but it's just my lack of humor most likely. I do appreciate your in depth thoughts though.

We don't know why this crazy condition has chosen us. It is apparent not too many researchers want to waste their time with this. I am fine with that fact-to a point. Wouldn't it be cool if by discovering something about BFS, that it would lead to helpful info or cures for something deadly?

(My feet bottoms are constantly buzzing. ) Just a side note!

And to the ladies wondering about pregnancy; I have delivered 6 healthy children with never a twitch to distract me. I never felt healthier, or happier than when I was with child. But I was also younger. My oldest is almost 18 and the baby is 6. It's just an uneducated guess, but I can't imagine a baby or mom being harmed by this, unless the mother is prone to nervousness, and other assorted anxieties which is never good for anyone.
momx6
Interested
Interested

Postby speg on August 17th, 2004, 12:52 pm

Just to make us 40ish girls feel a little better.

A friend of mine works in a nursing home, and she has had several patients come in with ALS . . . ALL OF THEM MALE.

To make everyone here feel better, she said they were all over 60+ and they all deteriorated rapidly.

Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Postby Arctic Cat Rider on August 27th, 2004, 1:47 pm

LMAO @ Aaron!! :lol:

It does seem that many have the antibiotic connection

I joined the 40-club in July, and just wanted to comment that I have never been on antibiotics and have been twitching like a crazy woman the past 3 weeks. (Well, to be honest, since finding this board, my symptoms have reduced greatly)

Annie
Arctic Cat Rider

almost 40!!

Postby Donna L. on August 30th, 2004, 10:00 am

May I please join the group too? Geez I feel like a youngster here at the tender age of 39(and holding of course!) :D My twitching did start 2 weeks after I took some antibiotics and accompanied by a whole lot of stress too.
The usual anxiety ridden twitcher I guess!

Donna L.
Donna L.

Postby mike3456 on September 21st, 2004, 7:54 pm

OK I can't resist...I have to explain the holiday inn reference to momx6 from aaron (which was pretty funny, btw). :D

Holiday Inn (the hotel chain) has this series of TV commercials. In these commercialsa seemingly average person off-the-street steps in to save the day in a situation where they have no real experience.

For example, in one the commercials, a group of people are taking a tour of a nuclear power plant's control room. Just as they are there a terrible nuclear accident is about to happen (alarms are going off, etc.). One of the control room operators asks the senior guy in charge what they should do. This other guy in the control room steps in and tells them what to do (shut down this, bypass that, etc.). The control operator looks at the senior guy for approval, and he finally says "OK, do it!". The nuclear meltdown is averted and everyone is cheering. They ask the guy if he's the "new guy" that just started working there. He says (as he bites into a donut), "No, I'm with the tour group, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn last night!"

The whole premise is they got such a good night's sleep that they can do anything! Guess you have to be there. :P

Anyway, I think Aaron is saying it's hard to be a woman! Which I'd take as a compliment! :)
-Mike
mike3456

Postby LeeNC on September 21st, 2004, 8:42 pm

40's club? Count me in.

After beginning to twitch 3 months ago, I started on Zoloft (SSRI) - not because of depression but because my family doctor thought its anti-anxiety effect would lessen my symptoms. I can't say I've had any positive effect from the Zoloft, but I consider it sort of "insurance," especially as I head (sometimes gracefully, other times kicking and screaming) toward menopause. One friend said I AM smiling more. But in my case, identifying any benefit from Zoloft is like vitamins - how do you if they help, when you don't know what you'd have felt like without 'em?

--LeeNC
LeeNC
Hero
Hero

Postby LeeNC on September 21st, 2004, 8:43 pm

I meant, count me in the 40-ISH club! That sounds better.
LeeNC
Hero
Hero

Postby twitchaholic on October 13th, 2004, 4:08 am

Going on 40 in May. May I join? Gee whiz. Lots of us 40-ishers here. What's up with that?
twitchaholic

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Experiences with BFS