3 Years in...Anxiety Back!!!

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

3 Years in...Anxiety Back!!!

Postby danny13 on May 25th, 2013, 7:57 pm

Hello All Fellow BFS'Ers,
Been a few months since I posted here. Seems like when my symptons wane I tend to come here less. Hit the 3 year mark in April. Been doing good for least few months, but this morning was woken up with left thumb spasming like crazy. The small muscle deep inside my left palm, right in the meaty part of the palm under the thumb is spasming, which causes my whole left thumb to pull back and forth. Been going strong for 8 hours, stopped for a few and now is going as strong as ever. May be the most annoying spasm I have had in 3 years!!!!!! I got some good video of it, which my neuro always looks forward to seeing when I get my check ups. My anxiety has been throught the roof today. I know after 3 years I should be done with the anxiety, but let me tell you the anxiety never goes away when these things start up. The only people who can really understand what we go through are right here, so that's why I come here to vent and get some re assurance. well ill check back in hopefully soon when this thumb thing goes away. stay strong all, and look forward to any comments and reassurance.
Danny
danny13

Re: 3 Years in...Anxiety Back!!!

Postby mwagner on May 26th, 2013, 9:58 am

Much easier said than done, of course (because like you - I don't like new symptoms), but rest easy. This is just a hot spot. You probably slept on your hand or did something to irritate the nerve (in my opinion). Now, you're probably stuck with a hot spot, but it will go away as it does for everyone else.

I honestly think a lot of the "normal" population gets hot spots as well. My husband had one going for about two days on his forearm.

And, after 3 years, I think you can breathe easy.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Re: 3 Years in...Anxiety Back!!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS