Nine Year Anniversary

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Nine Year Anniversary

Postby Rolon on March 18th, 2013, 1:47 pm

Hey group. Just wanted to say, hang in there. I just passed my nine year anniversary. This site was a God send in the early days. Like many that visit, I was certain I was in my final days on earth. I even planned my funeral. Seriously! My doctor thought I was nuts and was no help. The only thing good he did was prescribe a Beta Blocker for my high blood pressure, which was caused by my anxiety about twitching and all the other symptoms. The Beta blocker calmed me down.

I still get twitches, but try not to pay attention to them. I had a good one in my bicep that just quit today. It had been annoying me for the past two weeks. For some reason, like when this started nine years ago, twitching for me is worse in the spring. March Madness took on a whole new meaning that first year in 2004.

The twitching and worrying about the twitching often times kept me up at night. I was averaging only 3 - 4 hours of sleep each night. I started using sleeping pills. That helped.

My nueor, who didn't know anything about BFS either, noticed I had a low homocystine level or something like and prescribed a vitamin called "Folic Acid". I take one 800 mg OTC tablet a day. Not sure if this is what helped my condition, but it definitely didn't make it worse.

Anyhow, after nine years, I am not completely free of twitching, but it doesn't freak me out like it did that first year.

I hope and pray for the best to all of you that are afraid and suffering from symptoms. I was there once and I survived. So can you!
Rolon

Re: Nine Year Anniversary

Postby johnnythejet on March 18th, 2013, 4:25 pm

Thanks for stopping in, Rolon! Yet another reminder that even though we will almost certainly continue to twitch, we can beat the beast. :)
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby mwagner on March 19th, 2013, 1:00 pm

Thank you so much Rolon for coming here and remembering the rest of us who are always wondering what has happened to long-time vets! Much appreciated!!

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS