Newbie with a question

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Newbie with a question

Postby Twitchy on June 28th, 2004, 11:03 pm

Holy cow, where was this site when I needed it the most! My story is a carbon copy of most of you. 36 year old male, very active, twitching for 9 months now. Experienced all the fears als,ms etc. 2 Neuros say bfs and as months pass am finally starting to really relax. I don't care about the twitching even though it sometimes is severe, I'm actually considering myself lucky it's nothing more serious. Two things that really helped to lesson the severity of my twitching. Sleep and decaf. I actually had migraines from the caffeine withdrawel. My question to everyone is this, 2 months ago I began playing soccer again, but I have been unable to play because I keep pulling my calf. The last time it swelled up pretty bad. Is this related to bfs, should I try to strenghen my calfs or should I just hang it up. Does bfs make your muscles weaker to the point that they pull easier. If it were'nt for the pulls I feel I can easily play. Thanks
Twitchy

It may pass

Postby Jayel on June 29th, 2004, 9:44 pm

:wink: Just some encouragement. Last fall as therapy I walked daily-at least for 20 min 3 times/day. I had that same terrible knot and pulling in the right leg. Now, I can do virtually anything and not have any noticible problems. BFS is its own creature and will touch and go in many areas. Keep a diary, it helps to see patterns and how things do improve. Best of luck with your soccer games and a cramp free recovery!

Jayel
Jayel
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

It may pass

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS