Exactly 2 Years

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Exactly 2 Years

Postby squatch on February 13th, 2013, 11:45 am

I have hit my 2 year mark. I do not post hardly at all, but wanted give an update that all is well. Still twitch, though very little. Anxiety is basically gone, and I am exercising like crazy with no effects. The hardest part is to let go and realize this is not going to harm you, and that we truly are not in control like we think we are! Trust your Doctors, as they know what they are talking about and get on with your life. There is no point in over analyzing everything, it is all for not. Worry about things you care about, this stuff is a time waster.
squatch

Re: Exactly 2 Years

Postby anita on February 14th, 2013, 7:56 am

Thank you soo much for your posting. I'm new to the "twitch world" and still worry a lot. It's so good to hear one can actually remain well and go one with their lives and make plans for the future.
Stay well! Cheers,
Anita
anita

Postby mwagner on February 14th, 2013, 3:42 pm

Thanks for this post.

I feel like it's so important for Vets to come back and let everyone know they're okay. I realize not everyone will do that, but the more that do, the more helpful it is. Early into this, I wondered about Vets who dropped off the board, why they weren't on here anymore, perhaps they had gotten the disease we all fear(ed) so much after all. But now, I 100% realize that it's the opposite. They get used to their twitching, and don't have a need for the board anymore! I know I'm on here much less than I used to be, but still try to get on here a few times a week to see if I can help anyone who is just terrified by their new symptoms. Eventually that motivation will fade as well.
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on February 19th, 2013, 10:35 am

squatch wrote:Anxiety is basically gone, and I am exercising like crazy with no effects. The hardest part is to let go and realize this is not going to harm you, and that we truly are not in control like we think we are! Trust your Doctors, as they know what they are talking about and get on with your life. There is no point in over analyzing everything, it is all for not. Worry about things you care about, this stuff is a time waster.

Squatch-
Thanks for coming back and posting your success story. Lke Mitra said, it's very important for vets to come back and post their feedback and experiences. So many newbies (as I once was) come through here confused and want to understand the truth about our condition,... how to beat it and how NOT to let it beat us. Also, glad to hear you are exercising "like crazy" with no ill effects just like me. Keep it up!
Cheers!!
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS