back again 7 years later

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

back again 7 years later

Postby talltwitcher on January 30th, 2013, 10:26 am

Hello
I first started posting here back in 2005 under a different handle. I have not posted in about six years. My twitching has waxed and waned over this time but never fully quit for any long duration. But it did move to the back of my mind at least....Until. Until I got an iphone. I had the old flip phone up until then. Suddenly I noticed my thumbs wobbled all over the place when I tried to text. So I started texting with one index finger but could not help periodically trying my thumbs. Then the other day i sat behind two men who had Parkinsons. By the end of the meeting I was thinking, "Oh NO." Of course I had to try texting with my thumbs again. Then I looked it up on the internet and next thing you know everything is shaking and twitching just like the intense period when it all started. My anxiety has gone up. I feel like I am charged and need to move my legs all of the time or am ready to jump. Totally wired. Oh me! The thumb twitching has moved to regular hand tremors in two weeks.

I keep saying be calm, breath deep....then I look at my hand and then I look at the internet then I shake worse which makes me look at my hand which makes me look up the symptom which is driving me crazy. (Who knows perhaps I was crazy before.)
Well now, I am so happy I could twitch..... Hey, What was that? Huh, I didn't mean every cotton pickin muscle I have!
talltwitcher

Re: back again 7 years later

Postby johnnythejet on January 30th, 2013, 11:13 am

Welcome back. Everything about your latest experiences sounds typical for people like us, and me specifically. Texting on my phone with my thumbs is a joke at best. Couple my tremors with additional stress/anxiety and maybe some caffeine and my symptoms are off the charts. Cheers on the 7 years. :)
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Re: back again 7 years later

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS