New appointment with the neurologist

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New appointment with the neurologist

Postby NonStopBody on January 9th, 2013, 4:23 am

I had a new appointment with the neurologist yesterday. Again, no clinical weakness, no signs of "obvioslly" atrophy (we can see indeed a have a reduced muscular mass but not significant, probably beacuse since i started with these problem 2 months ago i left going to the gym, and unused muscles seems to get atrophied quickly) and no changes in the reflexes. New blood analisys to see if CPK level has been reduced and to determinate or discard some autoinmunity diseases. So, for now, only wait and see.

One "funny" discovery: i've preserved, mostly in my right hand, the palmomental reflex... so now, not only i'm a twitcher, but a demented :twisted:
Bad english, but i am improving it in this forum :P
Twitches, jerks, cramps, stiffness, brisk and pathological reflexes, exercise intolerance, insomnia, paresthesias, perceived weakness... ah!, and of course, anxiety and stress too :D
NonStopBody
Interested
Interested

Re: New appointment with the neurologist

Postby Yuliasir on January 9th, 2013, 5:00 am

first of all, did you find it by yourself or doctor find it?
I do not have clear explanation, but self-induced reflexes often can be not true. That is why self-testing, among other reasosns, is not recommended.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby NonStopBody on January 9th, 2013, 5:21 am

Yuliasir wrote:first of all, did you find it by yourself or doctor find it?
I do not have clear explanation, but self-induced reflexes often can be not true. That is why self-testing, among other reasosns, is not recommended.

It was found by me and the doctor wacthed it. But he didn't concerned it, since my anxiety level is very high and there is not other signs.

Of course, i have to stop selft-testing me :(, i know i'm quite obsessed rigth now :(
Bad english, but i am improving it in this forum :P
Twitches, jerks, cramps, stiffness, brisk and pathological reflexes, exercise intolerance, insomnia, paresthesias, perceived weakness... ah!, and of course, anxiety and stress too :D
NonStopBody
Interested
Interested

Postby Yuliasir on January 9th, 2013, 7:39 am

so best advice would be really trust the doctor. at least they have 6-10 years of education and internship, so they must have an idea of what is worth of attention and what not. Many primitive reflexes occur on anxious people (have no idea why, maybe because excitation goes deeply into nornally silent regions of our brains) but usually to be eligible for any suspiction, patient really have to demonstrate several of pathological signs in a certain combination.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS