Diagnosed with BFS two years ago

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Diagnosed with BFS two years ago

Postby SomeNerve on December 28th, 2012, 11:22 pm

Greetings, I understand what many people on this forum are going through. My twitching started under my eye and in my calves. My primary physician told me to relax and get more sleep. The twitching got worse and traveled to other parts of my body, from top of my head, to my chin, back, thighs, calves and feet. That is when I began to look on the Internet for answers, of course all I found was doom and gloom. Now I was under more stress and anxiety. I was referred to a neurologist, he gave me a basic exam which included, reflex testing, walking on toes and heels, arm strength and sensitivity tests. All went well, he recommended an EMG on my legs. I scheduled the appointment and it went well, he gave me a prescription for Neurontin (gabapentin), it did not help. He scheduled me for an MRI on my neck, it too was good. He then had me do an MRI of my brain, it was fine. I switched my primary physician twice since I was diagnosed, neither Doctor knew what BFS was. I have tried several combinations of vitamins, including B, D and Magnesium. I have since switched to a multivitamin. I am currently taking Lipitor at a low dose 10mg. I am under a lot of stress as most of us are. I have found hat trying to relax and as hard as it is ignore the twitching. Exercise, diet and a good nights rest help. Other things I have tried are cutting all sugar substitutes and cutting out caffeine, I did his for two months without any results.
SomeNerve

Re: Diagnosed with BFS two years ago

Postby aztwitchy on January 3rd, 2013, 7:22 pm

sounds like BFS and sounds like a similar story as many of us on the forum. do the things that help and address your anxiety would be the only advice that helped me.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby 6t5frlane on January 10th, 2013, 10:49 am

Try Relaxing exercises like Yoga
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby Seepi27 on January 24th, 2013, 7:35 am

6t5frlane wrote:Try Relaxing exercises like Yoga

"Yoga's not for me. If I wanted my legs up around my neck on a regular basis, I'd just go back to prison..." ;-)

But seriously, yoga is great for relaxing and also for bone and muscle suppleness. It also helps you sleep better. Not sure whether it does much for twitching, but if it can address the attendant anxiety, then it's got to be a plus.
Seepi27
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS