thumb twitching

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

thumb twitching

Postby bradsuth on December 21st, 2012, 12:34 pm

I have been suffering from twitches all over my body for four months now and it has driven me to being a nervous wreck with severe anxiety problems that make it hard for me to get out of bed. Last month my doctor told me that I was unlikely to be suffering from any neurological disorder because my twitches were occuring all over my body and that I had no muscle weakness and I had full control of my body. After this news my twitches decreased dramatically, however I am a single parent to a ten year old boy and when he visits his mother in the holidays in Denmark I suffer from anxiety. Three days ago, five days after my son had left, my thumb started twitching continually and although now it is moving less and less and seems to stop for periods, it is still moving. Usually my twitches occur in different parts and rarely in the same place twice running so this new development is terrifying me. If anybody else has similar experiences or can offer any reassurance that this is just another BFS symptom please let me know as I worried sick again.
bradsuth

Re: thumb twitching

Postby jerry2 on December 21st, 2012, 2:07 pm

This is called a hotspot. It is nothing to worry, but it is annoying. I had my thumb move 14 days non stop, I hardly slept ;-(

Take care.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby bradsuth on December 22nd, 2012, 4:39 pm

Thanks so much Jerry. You have really set my mind at ease.
Brad
bradsuth

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS