Deja vu feeling

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Deja vu feeling

Postby christo on December 5th, 2012, 5:42 am

Hey,

Just wanted to relate something I am experiencing and check if someone else also did.
My short story, I began with a left hand tremor on two fingers, googling that -> fasciculations -> youtube video -> checking my calves and found fasics -> extreme ALS anxiety

I am almost 3 month in, clean EMG (showing only fasics in both calves), still really anxious, but it seems my brain is now working back again. So I began to realise that I had somehow already had those feelings like :
- when I have strong fasics on my feet, I am sure I already felt that, especially when wearing shoes. It's just I didn't had a clue that a small muscle fiber was giving this strange feeling like a little part of my foot was tapping on the shoe.
- I always had lot's of pins and needles in both legs, calves, feet. Sometimes I was telling to myself, it's not normal to have this that often (multiple times a day, everyday for a week and then break, and back again)
- I had in the past episod with lots of cramps in feet, really hard one, hurting a lot. Again, I was telling to myself, this is not normal, it's too often. They could be triggered by just moving a feet a little with sitting. I don't have them these days.

And yesterday, finally, another memory came back. I was looking at my fasics on my foot, they are really fine, I almost can't feel them but I can see them. And I could see my little pinky toe moving too. And suddenly I remembered I already had that in the past. In fact I was having fun looking at my pinky toe, at this time I was really not afraid of this, of course I didn't knew what a fasciculation was and didn't bother.

Now I am really starting to think that I have all these symptoms for many years. I just didn't notice the fasics until now, just because they are small. And now with the anxiety, I have stronger ones, I can feel them but they just come and go, pulsing 3 or 4 times and vanish.
So basically it seems I have to kind of twitches :

- small ones, I think for a long time, that I almost can't feel but that I can see. Almost constant in both calves and feet.
- stronger ones, almost everywhere that come and go. If it's in a muscle and I move that muscle then it goes away. I believe these ones are caused by anxiety.

Is there anyone here that finally discovered that he may have symptoms for longer than expected at first ?
Also, is there anyone who think stronger twitches are caused by anxiety but not the small ones ?

Sorry for the long post, thank you for reading !
christo
Hero
Hero

Re: Deja vu feeling

Postby Yuliasir on December 5th, 2012, 6:49 am

hello,
for me actually is always a big relief to discover that any condition I am feared with was with me for years.
I know that for sure for lump in the throat, for pain in hands while brushing my teeth, for a few month of cramps in the belly side muscles before BFS (2-3 years before) and for cramps in my legs, for pains after strong emotions and for clonic jerks in my legs when nervous.

on my point of view, anxiety can cause whatever twitches, but we all definitely may experience stress twitches in our lives.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby andman on December 13th, 2012, 6:41 am

Hello Christo,
Your description is much like I discovered the twitching in my left calf.
I've been twitching for 3 months now (clean neuro exam, clean EMG, still worried), but I was almost sure that it's mainly my right calf with random buzzes everywhere. So I decided to look for a while at the left one few days ago - and there they are - 1 per minute or more frequent in few parts of the left calf. I can only see them, can't feel them.
Your question is very good - maybe the small (imperceptible, occasional) twitches were there for a longer time before we did the wrong googling, but we never paid attention to them...
I've read many times on this forum that everybody twitches (maybe not the BFS way), but the vast majority of people doesn't even notice that... Or people noitice, but don't care and don't google symptoms...

__
Take care,
Andy
andman

Postby christo on December 13th, 2012, 7:51 am

Hello Andman,

In my calves the twitches are firing as the same rate as you, about 1 per minute. My left is also more active sometimes, but not always.
Did you check your foot ? My left foot is where I have the faster firing ones, up to 2 or 3 per second, then stop, then again for about 5 seconds, then again 2 or 3 and so on.
Both in legs and feet are barely noticeable and most of the time I don't feel them, I have to look at them and check if they are still there (and unfortunately, they are !)
christo
Hero
Hero

Postby andman on December 13th, 2012, 9:00 am

Hi Christo,
I checked my feet, actually I'm obsessed checking everything in my body for some time :(. I'm preparing my story and I'll post it maybe next week or so...
Feet are ok - no twitches (yet?)..

__
Take care,
Andy
andman

Postby andman on December 14th, 2012, 7:03 am

And a little update - I have twitches in my feet. I felt quite a big sequence of them in tle left foot, an today a saw a seqience in the right.
So, any athor suggestions Christo ;)?

__
Take care,
Andy
andman

Postby christo on December 14th, 2012, 9:04 am

a suggestion ? hmmmm.... Welcome to the club ? ;)
Since we seem to share same kind of twitches and for the same amount of time, this will be interresting to see if it evolves the same on both of us.

Are the twitches on your feet firing faster than on your legs like me ? Also do they make some of your toes move a little ?
christo
Hero
Hero

Postby andman on December 14th, 2012, 9:44 am

Yes, the feet fire faster than the calves. But no so often.
In calves there are 1 or 2 per minute (maybe a little more), and in the feet it was a sequence of 2 per second maybe for few seconds.

__
Take care,
Andy
andman

Postby andman on December 14th, 2012, 9:46 am

In the feet they fire faster than in the calves.
Left calf - few per minute, feet - sequence of 2/sec for few seconds.

__
Take care,
Andy
andman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS