Hi, from Jeff

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Hi, from Jeff

Postby misterjeff on November 29th, 2012, 1:01 am

Hi Everyone.
This is my first post. I have been reading this forum for about a year since I started twitching. Many of your stories are EXACTLY like mine, so your words have helped me very much to know that I am not alone and that I probably shouldn't worry about my symptoms. So, thank you. It all started around my eye around New Years 2012, and then moved throughout my whole body( but interestingly it has left my eye, at least for now). The scariest is when I feel it in my chest, near my heart. I had a big freak out once it started to progress and I went to see a neurologist and she told me I didn't have anything to worry about. She referred me to a psychiatrist. I have struggled from moderate to severe depression my whole life, but it hasn't expressed as anxiety until recently, more as sadness and lethargy. Now I wonder if these fasciculations are a physical manifestation of my psychological stress and turmoil. I'm 49 and I live and work alone (for the most part). I had spinal fusion surgery almost two years ago and wonder if that had something to do with onset. Also, right before the twitching started I had two successive bouts of the cold/flu after not having been sick for years. I've heard that a viral infection can trigger BFS (???) In any case, I decided I would just not worry about it and let it run it's course while I worked on stress reduction: meditation, therapy, exercise, etc. I thought it would be gone by now but everyday I still feel the twitching. Sometimes I get scared again and think something is really wrong with me. Well, I know you will say not to worry, so thank you again in advance. I hope you are all coping well with this mysterious and unsettling condition that we all share.
Jeff

PS I also have this other weird thing...when I wake up in the morning my whole body feels like it is vibrating at a low frequency. Does anybody else have that?!
misterjeff

Re: Hi, from Jeff

Postby Yuliasir on November 29th, 2012, 1:21 am

HI Jeff,
practically if neurologist did not found anything bad or suspicious, you might be rather easy about this too. I understand that twitches around the heart area might be scary but you should know tha even heart palpitations (extrasystoles) are often harmless, least are chest muscle twitches.
we have some fellows with the spinal issues (mostly with cysts) and for some of them cysts appeared to be related to the twitching.

even with meds and therapy your nervus system (probably hit by viruses) need time torecover. I am also over one year in it and still twitch however I can say that I am among the most reasonable part of the fellows :))) load is load, however you are anxious or not. We need long hours of sleep, walks, less workload to revoer plus antianxiety things...
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby BFSBurger on November 29th, 2012, 6:38 am

The vibrating, yes. I don't know if it's the same thing, but mine feels more like a weak quivering. Definitely only happens at night.
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS