Hello. My names jbmesey, and im a BFS'er

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Hello. My names jbmesey, and im a BFS'er

Postby jbmesey on November 14th, 2012, 11:23 pm

Im new to this site. All i can say is, im very glad to find this site in amidst my frantic, anxiety fueled obsessive and totaly derailed search for answers on this B.S subject. I like many many others on this site, and ones still searching in all the wrong places, was terrified to see that my twitches, and many other symptoms resembled ALBla. It started with looking for a reason or cause for my dizziness and twitching tongue. Low and behold, here we go on a wild ride that still consumes me to this day. Ive been twitching for about 4 or 5 years now. All in different places, and alot localized to one spot that will twitch for months, like my left quad and hammy. They range from big thumpers to small tickles. Every place in my body twitches, and so much worse now. My grandmother was diagnosed with bulbar ALS in 2004 and died 2007. I didnt think to much about it, untill uncle google brought me to the other room and beat the hell out of my phsycie. I have a broad range of symptoms that i will not even start to list, dont have that much time, and alot of them tie in with my generalized anxiety disorder which fueles my BFS, and my BFS fuels my anxiety disorder, its a vicious cycle that will never stop. Every time I re assure myself, that peace of mind goes away just as fast. Ive had hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of testing done on multiple occasions. I had an EMG/NCV test done a couple of months ago, and doc said everything was fine. Its so hard to believe that something so bothersome can be nothing! which leads me to believe that there is nothing sinester wrong with me, other than myself. I have watched first hand what ALS does to a person. How it kicks you when your down and keeps going like a *beep* freight train. I have wasted so much time and energy, and money on something that isnt nothing, but still sucks really bad at times. Im at my worst at this moment in time. But hopefully I pull through it soon, and in one piece. Just had my third daughter yesterday, and i dont want to waste the energy when there are many boyfriends that will need a good ass kickin. Well, thanks for reading my little rave that sound all so familiar to so many of you.
jbmesey

Re: Hello. My names jbmesey, and im a BFS'er

Postby Yuliasir on November 15th, 2012, 2:46 am

Hold on my firend!
GAD is a real curse and a personal torturer which is always here to give you a bit of hot fire rake in the ass... I am a GAD sufferer too and it sucks so much so much... I think we must deal with it, and then BFS would become a backrgound issue.
Welcome to your little daughter ;) all three would need you. by the way a parent with GAD who manages to overcome it and keep it controlled is one of the best role models I believe because it demonstrates that even if you have a lifelong condition hovering over and making a life sometimes barely bearable, it is still possbile to manage it!
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Re: Hello. My names jbmesey, and im a BFS'er

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS