More Twitching Vids- Shoulder and arms

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

More Twitching Vids- Shoulder and arms

Postby bobajojo on November 6th, 2012, 12:08 pm

My shoulders, arms, elbows, and hands have been off the charts lately. So I thought I'd share, lol.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYHOicStZrA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7IEDSDXDIo
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Re: More Twitching Vids- Shoulder and arms

Postby volfan on November 6th, 2012, 3:50 pm

mine look that too. Well, minus the hair.
volfan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby FromAZ on November 7th, 2012, 2:23 am

bobajojo,

This is the first time I'm posting. I joined this forum around the same time you did and had my onset of symptoms around the same time as you--I've even read some of your posts on another forum that shall remain nameless. I haven't seen a doctor for this yet mainly because I'm not falling down and dropping things and because my symptoms match things on here (especially your symptoms) so closely. Every time something new starts or I get a "flare up", I lurk around this forum and, sure enough, you usually have a timely post for me. I've had 24/7 twitching for about a year and a half, now. The last week and a half to two weeks, my twitches have been going nuts, especially in larger muscles--sleeping has been rough. Take care.
FromAZ

Postby bobajojo on November 7th, 2012, 7:51 am

Thanks. Yeah, when I first started twitching I wound up on the wrong forum. Thankfully, Leanne clued me into BFS and pulled me over here.

So let me ask you, have you ever experienced tongue twitching? Do you have constant areas that never seem to stop? For me, my tongue is my nemesis. I get real fascics on both sides several times a day and also a pulling twitch that can be triggered and happens every day as well. I also have 24/7 twitching in my calves, feet, elbows, and lately, my shoulders. Uggggh..

-Matt
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby FromAZ on November 7th, 2012, 12:00 pm

have you ever experienced tongue twitching?

No, I have thought I've had a couple of tongue twitches over the course of this, but nothing consistent or observable. I do get "ear" twitches--I think it's caused by the facial muscles right next to my ear canal. When I get them, they flutter rapidly and it feels like my ear canal is squeezing shut--I've been getting them every night for over a week, and, along with the hypnic jerks, they really kill my sleep.

Do you have constant areas that never seem to stop?

Yes. The insides of my feet. I get other areas that go for days or weeks. My elbows, like you, are big ones for me. While I get the twitches in three places around/near the elbow, the anconeus is the one that seems to go non-stop. I get pretty bad flare ups in the shoulders and back (lats, teres major). Although, in the last 3 months, things seem to being crazy in my legs. I get cramps in my hands, feet, and right forearm, too--but they're usually postural and aren't that bad. Take care.

a.j.
FromAZ

Postby bobajojo on November 13th, 2012, 9:19 am

A.J.-
The anconeous muscles of both my elbows are the ones that go non-stop for me as well. Like you, I can feel them in 3 or 4 areas in the elbow, but its this muscle on the outside of my elbow tucked between the bones that twitches nonstop on both sides. At night as I lay in bed, they just bubble, pop, and flutter away. If I cross my arms and look in the mirror, they are very visible. Weird.
-Matt
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS