New twitch

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New twitch

Postby firewife on November 3rd, 2012, 1:37 pm

I have been twitching for a year now. I first began twitching after a trip to the ER with an intermittent rapid heart rate and what felt like a heart attack. It began in my calves and within days had spread throughout my body. After seeing two neurologists, one who refused to do an EMG, the second who performed the EMG and NCV with no charge because he saw my very fragile state of mind. I was told it is BFS. After accepting that diagnosis, I have been better until now. I am getting weird buzzing in my tongue and neck as well as a tongue twitch. I also have days when even the bottoms of my feet hurt. I feel another huge battle with anxiety coming on. I guesses I just need reassurance.
firewife

Re: New twitch

Postby bobajojo on November 3rd, 2012, 2:35 pm

firewife,
I didn't get my first tongue twitch until a few months after BFS started for me. The tongue twitch means nothing, especially if you twitch elsewhere. Its a muscle and it is a common spot for BFS. If it makes you feel better, my tongue has been twitching all day today, which is no different than any other day! -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on November 3rd, 2012, 3:10 pm

Hi firewife,
I also have sometimes pain in the soles of my feet. Almost every morning I feel them quite stiff.
On my experience it is rather a matter of general tension of muscles, plus sitting work. Sitting work might cause you buzzing in the neck and twitches.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby firewife on November 7th, 2012, 1:28 pm

Thank you both for replying. I wish it would disappear as quickly as it came on. My anxiety is getting the best of me.
firewife

Postby johnnythejet on November 8th, 2012, 9:07 am

What exactly do you need reassurance about? Everything you've experienced screams BFS, spot on. It's all good.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Kamila on November 9th, 2012, 12:10 pm

Hi Firewife!
I wait for make my first EMG.I wrote about my case in other post.
I am not good in english so not sure if buzzing i fell it more like drill -its in my ankles i think its the same felling as You have.Sometimes i joke its like some motor in my legs.
Wish You good health!
Kamila

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS