Rumbling vs. Twitches?

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Rumbling vs. Twitches?

Postby bobajojo on October 21st, 2012, 7:55 pm

Just curious, how many of you experience a rumbling in your muscles? Its hard to describe but its different than twitching. I get it in my entire body where I can feel my arms, shoulders, back, legs just rumbling. Very systemic, not an isolated twitch at all.
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Re: Rumbling vs. Twitches?

Postby plainslady on October 21st, 2012, 8:05 pm

YES!!!! Many times my thighs will rumble like you are describing. It feels like it comes from deep down, right next to the bone or something. I also get this in my shoulders and sometimes in my feet. It is definitely NOT like the buzzing I get, it is much stronger.

LUCKY US! :P
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Postby Shanny63 on October 21st, 2012, 8:46 pm

yes, i get this rumbling sensation in my feet and thighs constantly...i just think its a quick succession of twitches..i have also felt this in my shoulders and hands sometimes...
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Postby chrissi on October 22nd, 2012, 2:49 am

If it is rather constant, it soulds like the stuff I uszally call "vibrations". it feels as if the bones are "rumbling" but I think it is some kind of tremor, because on days I have it, if I feed it with triggers, it will develop into a well visible shaking/tremoring.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby Tobes on October 22nd, 2012, 3:54 am

I can also relate to that.
I'm doing this medtitation course right now and when doing the Bodyscan where you have to focus on every part of the body I am noticing this rumbling or vibrating or whatever.
It's really unpleasant and I hate it.
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf!
Tobes

Postby bobajojo on October 22nd, 2012, 7:12 am

Yeah, I think they are just deep twitches that are just a little more rapid and more constant. When I feel it in my upper arms I can see the muscles bouncing slightly. But I have to look carefully to see it. Its weird though because its so systemic. I've been having a real spike in twitching the past few days and I was lying in bed with my arms, legs, and back just rumbling and random pops and machine gun twitches (like 10 quick ones in a row in the same spot) absolutely everywhere. The small muscles of my hand have been acting up too. Twitching in my palm, thenar muscle, between my thumb and index, and in the small muscles on top of my hand between the knuckles. I wish I knew what was causing the increase in twitching but I really can't put my finger on it. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary. Who knows.
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on October 22nd, 2012, 8:22 am

Every day...
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Ghayes420 on October 22nd, 2012, 8:27 pm

Ditto. Everyday.

I wonder if they are twitches sometimes.

I just think my muscles are drunk or retarded sometimes. (Along with their owner.)
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Postby volfan on October 22nd, 2012, 9:48 pm

I just think my muscles are drunk or retarded sometimes. (Along with their owner.)

But at least you are also cute. Just saying.
volfan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Ghayes420 on October 22nd, 2012, 10:32 pm

Even with my twitchy left foot? ;)

Not too shabby yourself cougar. :P
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Postby seventhcandle on October 28th, 2012, 2:57 pm

Yes, I get the rumbling a lot, especially (and unfortunately) in my butt, arms, and legs, and especially at night.
Been on the BFS journey since 6/26/12...

Twitch way do I go from here?

BFS does get better with time. Almost two years in and able to do almost everything I could do before I had this condition. Still twitching away of course...
seventhcandle
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby jerry2 on October 28th, 2012, 3:36 pm

bobajojo wrote:Yeah, I think they are just deep twitches that are just a little more rapid and more constant. When I feel it in my upper arms I can see the muscles bouncing slightly. But I have to look carefully to see it. Its weird though because its so systemic. I've been having a real spike in twitching the past few days and I was lying in bed with my arms, legs, and back just rumbling and random pops and machine gun twitches (like 10 quick ones in a row in the same spot) absolutely everywhere. The small muscles of my hand have been acting up too. Twitching in my palm, thenar muscle, between my thumb and index, and in the small muscles on top of my hand between the knuckles. I wish I knew what was causing the increase in twitching but I really can't put my finger on it. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary. Who knows.

I've had constant hard (strong) twitching in the right triceps muscle all night. I could not even sleep more than 2 hours. How do oyu manage to sleep at all? Do you have any advice, found how to easily fall asleep with all this going on. This time I was really not scared, I was just annoyed how to sleep if it doesn't stop. I put my thumb under my ass when thumb made this, but triceps is a strong muscle, I've tried all locations for a hand and nothing helped.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS