thenar twitching seen but not felt

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

thenar twitching seen but not felt

Postby tessa on October 18th, 2012, 4:10 pm

So I am a year in and I am as anxious as ever. Today while holding my cell phone a certain way I noticed twitching in my thenar that I could not feel! This made me think of all the stories of als patients that didn't know they were twitching until their neuros used a certain light to show them. Please tell me some of you have experienced this and I should not worry.
tessa

Re: thenar twitching seen but not felt

Postby LApea on October 18th, 2012, 4:52 pm

This has happened to me, but on my calf. I was sitting on my bed near the window and looked at my calf, it was twitching and stopped a minute later. I would have never known, because I didn't feel a thing

Sometimes I wonder what kind of things are happening to my body while I sleep, because I feel nothing strong enough to wake me up.
You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it. -Paulo Coelho
LApea
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby wjjw on October 18th, 2012, 5:07 pm

I've frequently had this in the thenar muscle, and always in my calves and feet. No big deal.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on October 18th, 2012, 10:20 pm

Yep, many times. Keep in mind that you WILL have twitches you can see but not feel. You can also have twitches you feel but can't see. The key is to have a mindset in which you EXPECT any and all these types of twitches in pretty much any location.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby jerry2 on October 19th, 2012, 12:21 am

Very small tiwtches can not be felt, it is as simple as that.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS