1 Year Anniversary!!!

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

1 Year Anniversary!!!

Postby Jeanine on September 18th, 2012, 12:15 pm

What a year this has been!!!

My BFS started with my eye twitching for a few weeks which stopped and then one day my right index finger twitched for a good 4 hours and stopped. During that time though, I started to freak out. That night, I was twitching everywhere. I visited Dr. Google and we all know what happened then! I saw 2 Neuro's who said I was fine, never had an EMG and I'm actually fine with that.

I've had everything from numbness on the left side of my face, felt weak in my arms, vibrating foot, felt worn down like I'm getting sick, shaking legs, fluttering ears, jaw cramping, shakiness in my chest, jerks, involuntary swallowing, GERD, and of course, twitching. All different types, they're always there, but they have gotten so much better as soon as I got over the anxiety. All my symptoms have.

I still have days that are worse than others. Some nights I sleep like a baby and others not so much cuz a symptom comes back and wakes me up, but I now don't get that electric shock of fear and lay there worrying myself sick anymore.

One day I just woke up and said to myself, "Whatever will be, will be. There's isn't anything I can do if I do have that dreaded disease, so I wanna enjoy my life and live it up!"

I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Leanne, Matt, and Johnny (and I know there's more, sorry if I'm forgetting ya!) for helping me in my darkest hours. It's amazing how one minute you'll feel ok and the next, you lose it and need someone to talk to. They were always there, willing to talk this "newbie" down from the ledge.

:P
Jeanine

Re: 1 Year Anniversary!!!

Postby bobajojo on September 18th, 2012, 12:48 pm

Congratulations Jeanine for kicking BFS in the *beep*! -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby plainslady on September 18th, 2012, 1:45 pm

Jeanine...my crazy twin...happy 1 year BFSiversary!!!! BFS is a b*tch but it can't hold us down unless we let it!

Frances
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Postby Bosley22 on September 18th, 2012, 2:30 pm

Congratulations, I love to hear these posts!!!! BTW im not sure if congratulations is the appropriate word for this.
Bosley22

Postby Jeanine on September 18th, 2012, 2:58 pm

Thanks guys! Nothing' but love for you all!

Frances!!! I definately meant to include you in my "Thank you's". I remember you were the 1st to reply to a post and made me feel so much better. Us "twins" as you say can be *beep* than BFS huh!!! :twisted:

Bosley, congratulations is totally appropriate. BFS sucks, wish I didn't have it, but it could be worse, so I'm thankful.

:D
Jeanine

Postby Shanny63 on September 18th, 2012, 4:27 pm

Happy 1 year anniversary Jeanine...good to see u rise above all this and get on with living... :D :D
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on September 18th, 2012, 5:10 pm

Jeanine,

Congratulations! And I am completely happy that you forgot about me, LOL. I wish to fade into the background of your memory as much as the twitching has. :D

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on September 18th, 2012, 8:57 pm

It's great to see you beat the anxiety monster! Well done. :)
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Ghayes420 on October 3rd, 2012, 2:57 am

Love ya my fun California friend! Congrats and glad you were comforted by this awesome group. :D
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Postby raindog on October 3rd, 2012, 1:40 pm

Now just wait till its your Golden Anniversary :mrgreen:
raindog
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor