Dear BFS vets...One twitchy foot?

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Dear BFS vets...One twitchy foot?

Postby Ghayes420 on September 15th, 2012, 9:59 am

Hello fellow BFS sufferers. I have a question about a new sx and was wondering if this is still within the limits of 'BFS normal' or if i should be scheduling my next monthly neurology check-up.

Yesterday I woke up with an injury bascially in my left calf. It is as though I hyperextended my knee, it was very tender to touch in the top of the calf muscle. I looked at my left foot and noticed this firestorm of twitching. The ugly kind, with multiple dimpling going on in the arch area. The fascics continued all day in my left foot, I couple feel my arch of that foot only going most all the day long.

Up to this point I was thinking this was OK.

However I awoke this morning with a 'tightness' in the arch of that exact foot, only the left one. And its not going away. I looked, and sure enough, fascics still there.

So maybe a dumbass question (feel free to quote Jet), but is this still in the realm of some of the things that you vets have either had or else have heard someone else with BFS have??

It really seems like my left side, leg and arm, are really taking a brunt of the BFS right now. That is very odd to me. I continue to fasciculate bodywide and randomly on top of this, every hour of every day with no break, lately they seem to like my abdominal area.

Thanks for the feedback!
Greg
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Re: Dear BFS vets...One twitchy foot?

Postby jerry2 on September 15th, 2012, 12:25 pm

Hi there, I was just thinking of you today. Really! You are quiet lately and our symptoms allways seemed so close. I am into problem with wierd hand feelings and paresthesia, not only twitching, but to answer your question:

I have the "ugly" type of twitching in my left foot (look at my older posts) going nearly allways since day one. One foot arch is just fasciculating if I sit on this foot on my chair I feel popping so I rather don't. And I stopped looking either, does me no good. This are the types that are not on one muscle but all along the arch, yes. But be carefull! If you point your big toe a little down and see this crawling fascics they can actually be tremor of this long big muscle! I have such tremor, everything waving if I don't relax big toe completely. But even if I do I get twitches there so much. Arch is such a popular spot even in "normal" people. My arch is also in pain for 11 months now and I have problems with shoes. BUT... the other arch has nerve pain, not the fasciculating one. So I guess in 11 months I have no visible harm from this twitches. So I would say it is still "normal" in this unnormal disease, yes ;-) Foot arch twitches are the only one that are not bugging me any more, I am so used to them. Not to the pain, I have shoes now (end of summer) and I am desperate again of this arch nerve foot pain. But as I said, not from twitches, this is other leg.

But on both feet I can not point my toes down as I get immediately cramp. And this didn't happen before I got this silly symptoms.

Was nice hearing from you again!
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on September 15th, 2012, 2:19 pm

Nice hearing from him? I think I like it better when he's silent, lol.

Greg, if you schedule another neuro appt. I'm flying out there to kick your ass, even if I don't have business there. And I'm bringing Johnny this time. Unless you buy me some more beers and another sushi dinner, in which case I'll just give you a lecture. :wink:

Totally and 100 percent "BFS normal." And even during my "remissions," my feet arches and calves have the "ugly" looking twitches (always worse on one side), but I can't feel them so they don't count. The tight weird feeling will be gone within a week. Maybe two. Wait, make that 2-3 months. That seems to be the longest I have a weird symptom in one place. Abs huh? Just wait, in a few years you'll probably have ab cramps/spasms. BTW, I always have those just on one side. Just warning you now.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on September 15th, 2012, 11:17 pm

Ghayes420 wrote:So maybe a dumbass question (feel free to quote Jet), but is this still in the realm of some of the things that you vets have either had or else have heard someone else with BFS have??

Yes on both counts.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Shanny63 on September 16th, 2012, 2:42 am

hi greg.... :D ...i have had both feet as hotspots for the last year...and my left is definately my worst for twitching, also this week i have developed massive twitches in my thighs and yet again my left seems to be the bigger twitcher..nothing to worry about my friend, still all bfs...
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Postby lrbrown1 on September 17th, 2012, 9:30 pm

Twitched all over, now my right foot just twitches. Trying not to worry anymore, well at least for today anyways!

Logan
lrbrown1

Postby raindog on September 18th, 2012, 8:56 am

No let up here in foot and arch twitching Gregg. Just keep telling yourself NO WEAKNESS NO WEAKNESS and you'll be OK. :wink:
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby plainslady on September 18th, 2012, 12:07 pm

Dang it Greg, did we or did we not have a conversation about my crazy right foot ONLY twitch that lasted for months, 24/7? I'm more concerned about your short term memory than your BFS. :wink:

Frances
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS