Benign Yes!! But No Less FRUSTRATING!!!!

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Benign Yes!! But No Less FRUSTRATING!!!!

Postby danny13 on September 6th, 2012, 4:40 pm

Hello all. These last 2 and a half years have been a struggle with this "" syndrome""..This new month of facial twitching is really putting my mind to a new heights to deal with all this. after 2 and a half years, i no longer have the feal of a.., not any fear of that at all, but not having that fear i notice hasnt really eased my mind of this annoying condition. People tell me " its benign, so why does it bother you" and im like if you had a muscle in your face that pulsed, twitched, spasmed, from the minute you woke up, till the minute you went to bed, and there was nothing you could take to make it stop, no medicine, no doctor, YOU TELL ME ITS JUST BENIGN!!!!! I tell people so they can relate, imagine if you had an itch on your face, you scratch it, it goes away, but 20 secnds later its there again. No matter how many times you scratch it, it always comes back. NOW Tell ME ITS JUST BENIGN?? Ive noticed over last few years ive come up with ways on my own to deal with this, like when i watch tv now, i keep the control to my face where i twitch to give me some relief, or i keep my forearm bent when i go to bed to relieve my right forearm spasm. Just some creative ways the mind works to try to overcome this annoying condition. posted earlier how im going back to my neurologist next week to see if he thinks a little botox will be safe to relieve the facial twitching. Would love anyones input to me on some ways you deal with this condition, your way of coping. Been reluctant to try meds as of yet, but this facial twitching is getting me close. Hope to hear from some fellow twitchers.
Danny
danny13

Re: Benign Yes!! But No Less FRUSTRATING!!!!

Postby chicagobfs on September 8th, 2012, 12:48 am

A little Botox can work well for facial twitches ( according to people from this forum), and maybe less headaches? :D
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby johnnythejet on September 8th, 2012, 3:16 pm

I'm probably not the best person to respond to your post because I don't mind my twitching, and to be honest I'd miss them if they were gone. That being said, the facial twitches are the only ones that bug me. During more stressful times I seem to get twitching in various parts of my face and its very annoying so I understand your frustration.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS