Natural Meds?

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Natural Meds?

Postby luluq07 on August 29th, 2012, 7:28 am

Does anyone take any supplements or anything that helps the twitching?
I have had more anxiety lately and feel like its getting worse.
luluq07

Re: Natural Meds?

Postby johnnythejet on August 29th, 2012, 7:35 am

I can't speak for everyone, but in general supplements have not been found to effectively/convincingly reduce twitching.
If your stress is increased then I would not be surprised at the increased twitching, although sometimes our twitches increase for no apparant reason. The key is to detach your anxiety from the symptoms. Yes, stress can increase symptoms but there is no reason our symptoms should inrease anxiety. Our symptoms are benign and are no reason to fear deadly diseases, etc. As long as we allow our symptoms to increase anxiety (knowing anxiety in-turn increases symptoms) a vicious cycle will remain intact.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby luluq07 on August 29th, 2012, 7:53 am

I know the symptoms will increase, that is why I am looking for a way to stop them because I can't stop them myself. I take klonpin occasionally but feel as though the next day I just feel worse.
I was just looking to see if anyone took any natural supplements to reduce the twitching.
luluq07

Postby Snoookie on August 29th, 2012, 8:33 am

Hi Lulu

I am wondering the same question too, i had to go back on meds to help me but then i get other added symptoms which i do not like at all, and would also like to try a natural alternative when off these meds...
Snoookie

Postby Yuliasir on August 29th, 2012, 8:55 am

as for natural antianxiety medicine, I really do not know anything better than 1:1:1 mix of valeriana root, howtorn and leonuria tinctures (or in our country we have dry extracts mixed as a tablets). EXCELLENT thing to control anxiety and get a good sleep.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on August 29th, 2012, 10:33 pm

5-htp? go to www.iherb.com and search for anxiety :wink:
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby seventhcandle on September 1st, 2012, 8:04 pm

I had some relief from magnesium citrate, but it was short lived and just gave me IBS issues so I had to stop it. I also tried "Natural Calm" (which is easily absorbable magnesium) but it gave me restless legs and made me hyperactive for about two hours after taking it. My biggest "natural" mistake was taking l-theanine, a natural pre-cursor to GABA. I don't know if you'll react to it like I did, but it's supposed to decrease anxiety and be a natural muscle relaxer. For me, it made me very hyperactive, increased my anxiety, and immediately worsened my already bad symptoms.

The only supplement I can confidently recommend is Source Natural's Wellness Tabs. They don't do **** for twitching, but they do keep you from getting ill from insomnia.
Been on the BFS journey since 6/26/12...

Twitch way do I go from here?

BFS does get better with time. Almost two years in and able to do almost everything I could do before I had this condition. Still twitching away of course...
seventhcandle
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS