MY MIND IS MESSING WITH ME

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

MY MIND IS MESSING WITH ME

Postby colls22 on August 27th, 2012, 12:39 pm

Provided I am indeed healthy and do not have the nasty, I've come to determine that I think my mind has decided to just mess with me and my body. I think it's said "you know what, you think you have this disease, well guess what, I'm going to give you every symptom of it, one by one - haha!".

I think I have, over the last year, cycled through every symptom on the nasty checklist I've come to know so well. From perceived weakness, to perceived atrophy, to stiffness, to swallowing issues, and now to voice issues. Oh, and of course the twitching!

Plus side? Every time I get past a symptom, I have one less thing of which to be scared. Bad side? How the h*ll many are there going to be?!

Know what I've been doing today? Testing my voice hoarseness by either shouting (to see if I've still got the volume), and by singing as high a note as I can :) I'll bet there's nobody out there who does these things! A wonderful new kind of strength testing...
colls22
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: MY MIND IS MESSING WITH ME

Postby johnnythejet on August 27th, 2012, 12:57 pm

colls22 wrote:I think it's said "you know what, you think you have this disease, well guess what, I'm going to give you every symptom of it, one by one - haha!".
I think I have, over the last year, cycled through every symptom on the nasty checklist I've come to know so well. From perceived weakness, to perceived atrophy, to stiffness, to swallowing issues, and now to voice issues. Oh, and of course the twitching!

I read your symptoms and I don't see anything that would be on a checklist for a real victim of the "nasty". What I see is the same, typical, boring progression of BFS/anxiety related sytmpoms that have been recited hundreds of times over. The longer it takes you to get anxiety under control, the longer this list of symptoms becomes. And I assure you, there is no strength test out there that hasn't been attempted before.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Re: MY MIND IS MESSING WITH ME

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS