2 1/2 years in! Big Setback!!

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

2 1/2 years in! Big Setback!!

Postby danny13 on August 23rd, 2012, 3:41 pm

Hello fellow bfers. This has been almost 3 years for me and this week has been one of the worst yet. I go through good weeks, then few bad ones, but this week has been tough. About week ago started getting this slight facial twitch, not visible to the eye, like a worm constantly under my skin. Right on the crease of my nose. The muscle that runs to your mouth. Now for 2 days have a big spasm in right hamstring. spasms like 2 to 3 times a minute. Non stop. funny that after all this time I have 000 fear of als anymore, just drives me crazy that i have to deal with these symptons. I c ould go to another neuro, but just to hear for the 5th time that you have nothing, just deal with it i dont want. been prescribed klonopin, neurontin and a few others, but dont take anything as i feel like if i do, bfs wins. I want to beat this on my own, without medication. I have a really good neuro who i go to about every 6 months, and when he sees me, even he feels bad s he says, you have no disease, just a really annoying condition, and im sorry theres nothing i can do. Thanks to anyone reading this post, as you fellow bfs'ers are the only people who can relate to what we go through.
Danny
danny13

Re: 2 1/2 years in! Big Setback!!

Postby johnnythejet on August 23rd, 2012, 3:54 pm

Thanks for posting, Danny. This provides much reassurance to others going through the same thing. Comfort comes in knowing we aren't alone dealing with this condition and also comfort in confirming all this stuff is benign.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Re: 2 1/2 years in! Big Setback!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS