This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby collier on June 14th, 2012, 3:11 pm

Hi All, this is my first post after following the site for the past year, i have had Bfs since 1998 and can relate to most posts with a greater or lesser degree.
I would like to say that after 14 years with this crap that i have probably had every single muscle twitch in my entire body ......seems that way any how lol , the point is tho i am still alive and kicking, and hope to be here a while yet lol.
collier
Interested
Interested

Re: New member

Postby bobajojo on June 14th, 2012, 3:42 pm

collier,
Thank you for your post. Do you mind me asking how frequent are your twitches? Do you mind telling us your story? The reason I ask is because after 14 years, you are just one more example of how this is not hurting us. I think if people could see your symptoms in more detail, it will make them feel better... especially the newer twitchers. -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Lasszucken on June 18th, 2012, 7:11 am

Hi collier!

It's great to see some new long-time-twitchters posting here.
Every new long-time-twitcher posting here will surely help some people to understand that their life will go on, even with twitches.

Thank you in advance for posting your story, as bobajojo allready asked you to do!

Greetings,
Lasszucken
Twitching since about 1st of march 2012..
Lasszucken

Postby collier on June 18th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Ok heres away, thumb on right hand started to twitch in 1998, it lasted a few days then subsided to back to normal.Then approx 2 months later my left eye began to twitch again this lasted a few days then suddenly stopped, i still did not think much of it as my wifes eye had twitched on and off for a few years when she felt run down and i just presumed this was the case with my self as i had felt below par for a while.
Just before xmas while relaxing i felt twitching in my calves, and it was at that time my curiosity got the better of me and i looked in a home health encyclopedia for muscle twitching causes........Big mistake ! The only illness which seemed to fit the symptoms was MND and the same as everyone on here i totally flipped and lost the plot.
I went to see my GP the next day who gave me a full physical and strength examination and also checked that my other senses were ok .... touch , smell alertness etc , then declared that i did not in his opinion have anything sinister, and that the probable cause was the result of a virus combined with a good old dose of stress and anxiety,and that it would more than likely settle down with time.
Well here i am 14 years later still having good and bad months, still popping to the doc's every couple of years to keep my anxiety levels in check and yes still twitching away in many different places especially the calves . I dont really think that i have anything terrible now but the twitching still gets me down from time to time. At the moment i am getting a lot of tightness around my face , forehead and temples but have been here before and it normally subsides in a few weeks. Oh by the way yes i have had tongue twitching many times and it always settles down, some years it can be quite bad,then it can go a year or two with nothing.
In oct 2009 finally went to a consultant neorologist who gave me a full clinical and diagnosed BFS with out the need for an emg, he said there was no way MND presents it self like this regardless what i've read . He also stated that any muscle group can be affected and they can sometimes all start firing at the same time, which can be alarming and uncomfortable but nothing more and once again will settle down giving time.
So there you go 14 years into this, yes still twitching, yes still stressing...... sometimes, but nothing more than that.
collier
Interested
Interested

Postby KatieMG on June 18th, 2012, 6:18 pm

Thanks for your explanation!
KatieMG

Postby Lasszucken on June 19th, 2012, 3:10 am

Thank you so much for your story.

I would like to mark the things that are important for many freightened souls here:
In oct 2009 finally went to a consultant neorologist who gave me a full clinical and diagnosed BFS with out the need for an emg, he said there was no way MND presents it self like this regardless what i've read . He also stated that any muscle group can be affected and they can sometimes all start firing at the same time

Greetings,
Lasszucken
Twitching since about 1st of march 2012..
Lasszucken

Postby Snoookie on July 1st, 2012, 3:57 am

Hi Collier,

Thank you for posting and especially for me that you mention tongue twitches as they bug me the most for the last 4 months aprx....
Snoookie

Postby collier on July 1st, 2012, 4:33 am

Snoookie wrote:Hi Collier,

Thank you for posting and especially for me that you mention tongue twitches as they bug me the most for the last 4 months aprx....

Your welcome .
collier
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS