My One Year Twitch Anniversary...

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My One Year Twitch Anniversary...

Postby Cap on June 7th, 2012, 2:55 am

It was one year ago today that I woke up after a 13 hour bus ride and noticed that my left arm was totally dead asleep... The pins and needles wore off but what was left was an annoying twitch of my thumb. Little did I know it would be only the begining of one of the most interesting years of my life. That thumb twitch lead me to a friend we all know as Dr. Google. I am sure you all know what Dr. Google diagnosed me with. (*beep* has all of his medical licenses by the way)

Fast forward ONE YEAR... I have battled fatigue, perceived weakness, soreness, trembling, shaking, vibrating, buzzing, pins and needles, swallowing issues, and twitches in places I wasn't even aware were part of my body. What a year it has been...

I thank god for this website and the people who are around here. Especially MommyLondon, JohnnyTheJet, Bobajojo, Carphia, Chrissi, RainDog, and any others I am forgetting. You all brought me back from a very dark and scary place. The fear has been replaced with a calm I hadn't had since before all this started.

While I continue to twitch, vibrate, buzz etc every single day, I am 100% sure that I am a healthy 25 year old with tons of life to live. I cannot begin to say how much you all have helped me through the trainwreck that was my first 6-8 months with BENIGN fasciculation syndrome. I thank you all.

To all who are new/newer and read this, I strongly encourage you to visit our chatroom, it is the single most important thing I did that helped me move past the anxiety and fear of this condition. We are all in the same boat as you, we all have the same symptoms and no one here is the exception. http://us4.chatzy.com/Twitches-R-Us

Thanks to all again looking forward to another year of HEALTH

- Cap

aka.. CAP DADDY
Cap

Re: My One Year Twitch Anniversary...

Postby Shanny63 on June 7th, 2012, 3:57 am

hey cap, happy one year anniversary, glad to hear your doing so well... :D..and glad to hear that the panic has been replaced with calm...best wishes shanny
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Postby chrissi on June 7th, 2012, 3:59 am

Hey, happy twitching anniversary Cap!!!! I didn't even know you were more an oltimer than me :) Well, I am so glad you are dping so much better now my friend, keep going and have a big piece of cake for your anniversary!!
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on June 7th, 2012, 4:12 am

Have many many good years, Cap!
Glad to see you are looking for life, not for fears
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby KatieMG on June 7th, 2012, 7:16 am

Happy Anniversary Cap! Glad to see you are in a good place with all of this now!
KatieMG

Postby volfan on June 7th, 2012, 7:50 am

Cap - I think I mentioned to you in a PM one time that I started with a thumb twitch as well and followed a similar pattern to you - which is probably not too different than everyone here. It is interesting to find out where the first twitch happens for a person and then to learn the specific steps that occur after that - at least to me. But that is probably the autistic part of me that finds that fascinating -I tend to like patterns and studying them.

The other thing I find fascinating about BFS is that once that door opens it seems that it will NOT shut. It might close partway (and the twitching may die down) but from what I hear the darn thing won't close all the way. After only 6 months into this (pretty much to the day), I continue to have the odd, new thing happen and, again to use one of my favorite words from one of my favorite characters, I find it fascinating.

Live long and prosper....hugs from Vicki (Volfan)
volfan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby johnnythejet on June 7th, 2012, 8:39 am

Happy Anniversary, bro. Glad to have known you and looking forward to sharing an adult beverage with you some day. :D
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Ghayes420 on June 7th, 2012, 10:48 am

Congrats Capper! Let's have a beer soon!
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Postby raindog on June 8th, 2012, 4:50 am

Many happy returns on your 1st BFS birthday Cap. Here's some cake Image

and here's a badge you can wear with pride Image

:lol:
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby carphia on June 10th, 2012, 6:17 pm

Cappers,

Congrats on overcoming, we always got your back around here, that's just how this support system works. Happy twitching's home slice! :D
"Sometimes, that mountain you've been climbing, is just a grain of sand...."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEQj6RrQbgA
carphia
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS