EMG today 3 years later...

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

EMG today 3 years later...

Postby 6t5frlane on May 30th, 2012, 9:22 am

Last one I had was over 3 years ago. After a Sinus infection in late NOv ( Leviquin yeah I know ). My twiching had stopped for 2/3 years. Back in a big way. Just a precautionary move I hop. Let you know tomorrow how it goes...
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Re: EMG today 3 years later...

Postby chicagobfs on May 30th, 2012, 11:29 am

Not sure if I understand, your twitching stopped after Antibiotic ? Or started again?
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby 6t5frlane on June 1st, 2012, 10:01 am

It started again. Pretty much non stop in the calves/foot. EMG was OK. BFS. Frustrating since I had it for several years and then it went away and now it's back.
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby acct on June 1st, 2012, 10:03 am

Have you had mouth issues in your years with BFS. The feeling like your mouth is tingling or pressure that you might slur but you don't? I get that off and on throughout the day. sort of a perceived weakness in the mouth. I am sorry to hear about your relapse. any events in your life that have caused stress recently?
acct

Postby 6t5frlane on June 4th, 2012, 7:05 am

Back in Nov. I had a sinus infection. They put me on Leviquin and 2 days later the twitching started again. Kind of like having a broken leg having it heal and then breaking it again. Been twitching for 6 months now ( Mostly below the knee ). I get a lot of pain discomfort as well. More then I remember the last time
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby 6t5frlane on June 4th, 2012, 7:05 am

acct wrote:65,

Have you had mouth issues in your years with BFS. The feeling like your mouth is tingling or pressure that you might slur but you don't? I get that off and on throughout the day. sort of a perceived weakness in the mouth. I am sorry to hear about your relapse. any events in your life that have caused stress recently?

No issues in the mouth.....yet
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby 6t5frlane on June 4th, 2012, 7:12 am

Also forgot to mention that they compared results with the 2006 EMG I had. Funny I did hear a couple of pops while they were doing it/ I assume those were fasics going off. The technician did the first part ( jolts ) and the Neuro Dr did the second part ( needle ). They were taking about stuff on the test that was over my head. Finally looked down at me smiles and said " Your'e Good " !.
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS