My Mom is twitching! Check out the video!

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My Mom is twitching! Check out the video!

Postby bobajojo on May 27th, 2012, 11:49 am

I've been twitching all over for a year now including all over my tongue. A few weeks ago, my mom called to tell me that she was twitching! So I just visited her and was able to get it on video. Sure enough, her calves look just like mine. She is 65 and she says that she's had it before in her calves but not this bad.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyICAK-A1Jc
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Re: My Mom is twitching! Check out the video!

Postby plainslady on May 27th, 2012, 1:42 pm

Matt,

I've been eagerly anticipating seeing your mom's twitchy legs... :D Tell her thanks for letting us see. I hope it goes away for her like it did before.

Frances
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Postby bobajojo on May 27th, 2012, 3:15 pm

Hahaha, thanks Frances! My twin brother told me today that his legs have been "bubbling" lately too. Crazy. Hereditary?
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby plainslady on May 27th, 2012, 3:38 pm

Matt,

I was visiting with my oldest daughter last night about my tongue twitches and she informed me that she has developed a pretty constant twitch just above her knee as well as in the back of her calf. I asked her to if I could look and sure enough I could see it. They aren't strong like mine are, but they are there nonetheless. I'm beginning to wonder about the possibilities of a genetic link as well. I just hope hers goes away and doesn't turn into what I have.

Frances
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Postby Shanny63 on May 27th, 2012, 4:34 pm

Matt, I was working in the garden yesterday and sat down for a drink with my oldest son...the arches of his feet were twitching away.... :shock: ..I asked him do u feel that..he said they do it all the time mum...no biggy.... :D ..maybe twitching is hereditary?? In some people....
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on May 27th, 2012, 8:48 pm

Or maybe something in the water? :roll: probably noT. Interesting topic.
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby mwagner on May 28th, 2012, 10:36 am

Matt,

All I can say is your mom is very cool to let you film her twitching. LOL! I love it!!

Anyway, it must be nice to have a little company with the whole thing. I am imagining Christmas mornings at your house with people pulling their pants legs up to compare twitches! :)

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby Snoookie on May 28th, 2012, 10:48 am

Hi Matt

My eldest daughter had her big and second toes twitch for about a week approx a month back, and my second daughter has had her upper right eyelid twitch for about 3 weeks every day and still is...shes had those before like me.....
Snoookie

Postby KatieMG on May 28th, 2012, 8:03 pm

I can't believe you filmed her! At least you can relate!
KatieMG

Postby Mike101 on May 29th, 2012, 5:34 pm

My mum told me that her eyelid was twitching in her student time for a long time.
My girlfriend has a twitching hotspot over her eye without a break for such a long time she can´t even remember, but it´s always there. She doesn´t care about it.. :D
Mike101

Postby TwitchyDoc on May 31st, 2012, 2:18 am

Yeah, 2 years ago I said there is rare hereditary form of BFS and I was called "liar" or "fake" by Basso... This is obviously the case of it and Matt, this should give you more peace of mind.
Hereditary origin is also mentioned in great study here:

http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/125/8/1887.long
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby MorneJ on September 5th, 2012, 6:29 am

This is very interesting indeed. Thank you for sharing.
It now strengthens my view that it IS in some cases hereditary. My Grandfather(mother side) had it, I actually noticed it when he was visiting one time. My mother has it, and so does my brother. They all have it to a lesser degree than me, but they all have it... None of them show signs of anything other that twitching tho?? Can there be a scientific genetic link?
MorneJ

Postby bobajojo on September 5th, 2012, 6:58 am

Yeah, my mom and two of my sisters have it. My mom's calves were going like wildfire back in May but have calmed down significantly since then. They are still going though. My sisters didn't even know they had it until I looked at their calve and saw the dimpling twitches occur about once every 5 seconds. I'm not sure why I'm 16 months in and have it so bad throughout my body including a daily tongue twitch. There must be some sort of genetic predisposition to twitching but some environmental factors that trigger it. Maybe even meds. Who knows. Thanks for the comment! -Matt
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby MorneJ on September 5th, 2012, 8:20 am

Likewise here I have it so bad that I have daily tongue, and constant (as in non-stop 24/7 calve involvement),,, recently upper body and inner ear twitching. I have yet to meet a person with it so severe. I do however find solace in that it's something that my family also have to a certain degree. I have found that "Liqourice Allsorts", a sweet/candy variety in South Africa, makes me twitch so bad it feels like I could switch over into some sort of seizure. ... So there are definitely certain foods and sweets to avoid when suffering from "b"fs. Good thread.
MorneJ

Postby Barbie800 on September 5th, 2012, 5:05 pm

My dad has twitched for over 20 years. I often wonder if Its herreditary. Sure made me feel better when I started with this mess.
Barbie800
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Experiences with BFS