Prolonged Neck Flexion Causes Body Wide Vibrating/Tremoring

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Prolonged Neck Flexion Causes Body Wide Vibrating/Tremoring

Postby iLeW123 on May 17th, 2012, 1:32 am

Hi everyone,

I've posted a few times over the past week, as I'm feeling really down & anxious after breaking up with my partner of 8 years (I'm only 23, so this is the only girlfriend I've ever had. I now worry that what I have is something more sinister than just BFS, in particular I worry about MS and ending up alone and ill, where nobody else would want to be with me. I'm struggling to sleep, eat, or even think at the moment, and my symptoms are much worse since we broke up a few weeks ago.

One symptom I didn't initially mention, because it's not something I experience often, is that if I fall asleep sat up in a chair so my neck is in flexion (so chin is touching chest) when I wake up and correct my neck position I begin to get weird symptoms. These include a sense of body wide internal tremor / vibration, it feels very odd & uncomfortable, and lasts for around 10 minutes afterwards, then slowly fades away. This isn't something I've seen anyone else describe, and it has me worried that it might indicate damage to my necks spinal cord.

It would be useful to hear if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks

Lewis
iLeW123
Interested
Interested

Re: Prolonged Neck Flexion Causes Body Wide Vibrating/Tremoring

Postby Yuliasir on May 17th, 2012, 2:41 am

Holy God, Lewis, but why do you sleep in the chair?

prolonged flexing of neck could even get you drop down because you brain is undersupplied with oxygene... not talking about trembilg etc. it is not your spinal cord but your big arterias and veins suffer due to flexing, therefore your brain does nto recevie oxygen, by the way it asggravates your depression too!

I am really sorry for your broken relationships because you suffer a lot. And there is no wonder that you are depressed, and stressed, and this causes BFS and any symptom you could imagine.
I wish you to cope with the grief with all possible help (friends, meds/ mediation, pshycological help wahtever) - and I am quite sure that there is still a full life ahead of you.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Snoookie on May 21st, 2012, 4:18 pm

Hi Lewis

I can relate to that, its most weird sensation and i feel almost drunk...when im not...and takes 5 10 mins to wear off....feel all over shaky..viby trembly dont know whats going on but i have had it tho not many times...
Snoookie

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS