got flu again and symptoms came back

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

got flu again and symptoms came back

Postby Dannyboy777 on April 4th, 2012, 11:40 pm

i have had twitching and all that fun sensory stuff you get with bfs goin on now for about 6 months.. for the last month i was having a lot of improvement sometimes it was hardly noticeable.. well i got the flu and now my symptoms have come back to almost full force.,, just wondering if anyone's symptoms get worse with the flu and how long does it take to bounce back for them? my bfs came about after some kinda flu with a migraine so my theory right now is that the flu i got now kinda aggravated it a bit.. i dunno all i know is that it sucks
Dannyboy777

Re: got flu again and symptoms came back

Postby Shanny63 on April 5th, 2012, 1:55 am

hey danny, i find this too...if i have the flu or a migraine my twitching amps up and goes thru the roof...it tends to settle down within a week or so...and when i say settle down i mean i still twitch but its not thru the roof like it is when im sick....
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Postby Aoi on April 9th, 2012, 5:57 pm

That has happened to me, too. Keep in mind that the flu makes most things worse. In particular, the flu or other viral/bacterial infections often aggravate autoimmune disorders (BFS may be an autoimmune disorder; that's still an open question). Also, altered sleep, food habits, and electrolyte loss from sweating, vomiting, or diarrhea during a nasty flu can impair neuromuscular function.

You'll return to baseline soon enough, as Shanny63 said.
Aoi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Dannyboy777 on April 9th, 2012, 7:35 pm

thanks for your posts.. i have gotten way better in under a week so glad that was 3 days of hell
Dannyboy777

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS