Throat, Jaw Twitches

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Throat, Jaw Twitches

Postby SLL on June 8th, 2004, 3:23 pm

so kind of freaking out again - been twitching for 5 years. Clean neuro exams all along and a clean EMG (recently) BUT only limbs were done. Of course, right after that EMG, when I should have been happy, I started getting a lump in throat feeling, twitches in my jaw and neck ...and I am reeling again. I have a call into my neuro...anyone else have lots of neck twitches, jaw, lips, etc...and a constricted throat feeling? I am afraid to eat as I am convinced I am going to choke.

Saw an ENT today for some burning, tingling on the tongue and he diagnosed Candida. He said nothing looked amiss to him, I asked about the size/shape of my tongue and he said "fine".

I totally agree I may need anxiety assistance here...
SLL
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby thetwitchkid on June 8th, 2004, 3:52 pm

S:

I am totally sympathetic to your stress and "symptoms" including the throat/tongue. Many, if not all of us, have had these types of symptoms before. I would definitely seek some anxiety treatment. You'll thank yourself. In fact, I'll bet you a Coke that you will fell better if you treat the anxiety. :)
thetwitchkid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Jaw

Postby rj45 on September 1st, 2004, 5:44 pm

My jaw twitches also ,mostly in the morning. Dont no why?
I also think alot of it is stress related.

RJ
rj45
Interested
Interested

Postby twitching man on September 2nd, 2004, 9:54 am

I had the constricted throat feeling really bad for about 5 months last year. We eventially decide it was gerd and went on nexuim at 40 mgs 2 times per day. Now I am down to 1. I still get that constricted feeling in the mornings i think it has to do with post nasal drip. It was so bad last year that there were days that I could barely talk. Did the ENT check your throat with a scope. Good luck.
Paul
twitching man

Postby puggriffey on September 2nd, 2004, 5:37 pm

Boy, did I ever have these symptoms - scared the living you know what out of me, because of all the twitches, tremors, etc, these were the weirdest feeling things...

I used to get fairly constant migrating pain in the back of my head (and around my ear), constricted throat, things "stuck" in my throat (why was it always blueberry muffins and pancakes and stuff, huh?), and generally some really annoying twitches of the neck, jaw and tongue. Also, my throat would periodically get really raw and sore for a number of days - hoarse and scratchy voice resulted.

My neuro has looked at my neck and tongue a hundred times and sees nothing wrong. With respect to some of the other symptoms, they did a sinus CT scan (which I REALLY questioned - was sure they were barking up the wrong tree), which showed a severely pneumatized maxillary sinus (basically the septum had grown into it and reduced it to a third its normal size)...long story short, it caused polyps which caused inflammation, which caused discomfort, which caused more swelling...thus, my pain, sore throat and an unproductive post nasal drip...iI'm on Flonase every day now, all of those symptoms have subsided greatly, and all is good...moral of this story - no, I don't think everyone has sinus issues, but generally, there is a very logical NON-ALS reason for all we are suffering through...we just gotta keep our minds from going there. In my case there was a root cause for some of this, but my tongue is twitching today, and it's probably gonna from time to time for a long time. Welcome to BFS or whatever it is we all have...

Hope that helps some.

JG
puggriffey
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS