I think I'm different from others in this way...

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

I think I'm different from others in this way...

Postby plainslady on February 27th, 2012, 11:39 am

When this all started for me last August I noticed an increase in my symptoms when I was sick. Now for some strange reason this has reversed. I've come down with a nasty upper respiratory infection and my twitching is gone. Totally gone. Haven't had a twitch of any kind, anywhere for two days. I still have pain and the rest of my sensory issues, but the twitches have gone dormant the last two times I've been sick.

I believe someone earlier told me they have started having this happen too, but from what I gather reading related posts this is a bit out of the ordinary. Anyone else weird like me?

Frances
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Re: I think I'm different from others in this way...

Postby MissBehavin on February 28th, 2012, 7:45 am

I've only had one cold since all this started and I didn't notice any change. I don't think you are weird because it seems like there is no such thing as "BFS normal". It seems to effect everyone differently other than twitches and annoying the hell out of all of us!
Hope your feeling better soon!
MissBehavin
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby bobajojo on February 28th, 2012, 9:23 am

Frances,
There really is no standard to BFS. People twitch in all different ways. I can induce my twitching while others can't. Some people have tongue twitching while others have been spared. I think at some point everyone will go through the "I'm different because..." phase. That's normal. Overall, your story sounds so similar to mine, but no two stories are exactly alike. -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby plainslady on February 28th, 2012, 11:01 am

I know y'all are right. Its very strange when you think you have this stuff figured out and it changes. There really is no pattern. I hadn't had a facial twitch in months and yesterday I had a muscle above my eyebrow making up for lost time. Hasn't done anything today. About the only thing that's a 100% guarantee for me is if I get anxious and worked up, I will twitch like crazy.
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Postby jerry2 on February 28th, 2012, 1:18 pm

I have a really nasty upper respiratory tract infection now, I cough all night really bad, my voice is gone... and my twitching has gone to much worse this days, first day of this was more quiet, but now I have more and more twitches, yesterday I was like a christmas tree...
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on February 28th, 2012, 5:32 pm

Dont think my twitching as ever stopped for a second regardless of anything :(
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby plainslady on February 28th, 2012, 6:07 pm

That stinks, RD, thankfully I get lots of twitch free or at least less twitchy days. It's always a crapshoot to figure out where it will pop up next!
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Postby mwagner on February 28th, 2012, 9:18 pm

Frances,

It may have been me. I was sick about a month ago, and I almost stopped twitching. Now, my twitching goes up and down, so it might have been a coincidence. Also, I took Nyquil every night when I was sick, and slept a TON due to it, which might have been the reason the twitching slowed down. But, I remember thinking that I was the opposite of everyone on this board with illness and twitching.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS