Exercise Aftermath

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Exercise Aftermath

Postby dogma on February 23rd, 2012, 8:37 pm

Does anyone have increased symptoms after exercise? I know regular twitching can increase with exercise.
Symptoms I've seen lately after running/lifting include more cramping or stiffness of legs. This is a newer symptom to me in my last 10 years with BFS...the cramping and mild pains in the legs. I still seem to have good stamina for workouts though!

During the exercise or running I am not inhibited, nor do I notice any weakness/pain, but afterwards I've been noticing more what I consider cramping.

Just curious if sufferers who exercise regularly notice this symptom. Or do some people have these symptoms quite frequently regardless. I guess it is called BFCS at times.
- Dx of BFS in Y2K.
dogma

Re: Exercise Aftermath

Postby twin2 on February 23rd, 2012, 10:58 pm

I seem to strain muscles more easily. My neck has a tendency to get stiff and my muscles are sore for longer than before BFS. But like you, my stamina is fine. I know I am also getting older, so I don't know what to attribute to BFS and what to old age :D

Becky
twin2
Saint
Saint

Postby wanderer on February 25th, 2012, 6:11 am

well I bought a new treadmill couple of weeks ago and after just running 10 mins on it I had so much cramp on both legs that it took me 20 mins to get out of the floor!
wanderer
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby jorge on April 27th, 2012, 6:10 pm

twin2, I make mine your words: "I seem to strain muscles more easily. My neck has a tendency to get stiff and my muscles are sore for longer than before BFS".

In the last weeks the stiff neck is really bothering me and I can't find a way to fix it.

I have tremor with my BFS and it gets a lot worse after exercise, especially in the arms.
jorge

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS