Twitching Tremor Speech issues

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Twitching Tremor Speech issues

Postby germantwitcher on February 22nd, 2012, 10:54 am

Hello!

I'm glad to have found this forum, so I know I'm not alone with my problems. I'm a 34 old man from Germany and my problems started 3 years ago.

Twitching started in my right leg and then moved on to the whole body. I went to the neuro and had a clean EMG, neuro status was ok. He diagnosed me with BFS. About one year ago things started to become worse. There was tremor in both hands when I was holding things or moved them. Twitching became worse. So I went to the neuro again. Again everything was ok, I even had an MRI, which was clean. During the following period my tremor became less but suddenly, it was about 6 months ago, I had problems with my speech. It is like there is a brake in my tongue. I have problems with e.g. "s", "e" or "l". My speech issues didn't become better so one month ago I went to my neuro again, who sent me again to the MRI to be sure I do not have MS or something like that. The MRI was clean again.

The speech issue is the biggest problem for me, I have it since 6 months and it is horrible. The problem is, generally I do not have any problems with anxiety, but this is really scary and I do not know how to get this speech problem away.
germantwitcher

Re: Twitching Tremor Speech issues

Postby chrissi on February 22nd, 2012, 11:21 am

Hi:)
faszikulationen ? jipp
tremor? oooohhhh ja ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLEUsdCQgz4&context=C377f54aADOEgsToPDskLB_3iHTwh7I_hvj6wJAXZB
sprachstörung?: definitiv dagewesen

ich wurde hier in dieser Praxis behandelt und es wurde viiiiiiiiiiiel besserhttp://www.weiss.de/krankheiten/hyper/chron-hyperventil/

hier mein Tagebuch:http://www.nextination.com/aboutbfs/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17282&start=0

I just said I had all this and linked my diary:)
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on February 22nd, 2012, 1:21 pm

3 years of German in high school and can't understand a thing ...
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby puggles88 on February 22nd, 2012, 11:28 pm

Hi
I've had the speech issues too for a good 28 months
This is the stuff that drives me crazy,
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
But in the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
Cause this is the stuff You use.
puggles88

Postby germantwitcher on February 28th, 2012, 11:10 am

chrissi, also dein Tremor is der Hammer, da ist meiner direkt schwach dagegen ;-)

I believe the doctor that I don't have a severe disease, but it is very difficult to relax when you feel the symptoms, especially the slurring speech. Maybe I should go to the dentist to check for TMJ.....?
germantwitcher

Postby puggles88 on February 28th, 2012, 11:46 am

Yes, the speech stuff is the worst. It's very hard to forget about
This is the stuff that drives me crazy,
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
But in the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
Cause this is the stuff You use.
puggles88

Postby Buzzmike on March 3rd, 2012, 11:33 pm

If the symptoms were ALS related you would have severe speech difficulties 6 months after you first perceived the problem. Never underestimate the effects of stress and its impact on voice and speech production. ALS does not discriminate between particular speech sounds.
Buzzmike
Interested
Interested

Postby cesarin on October 25th, 2012, 1:18 pm

I have the same problem four months ago, I was very difficult to pronounce the s.

Any advice.

As you have done with the situation
cesarin

Postby Snoookie on October 25th, 2012, 2:38 pm

Hi, yes i had this bad at the start 8 months ago... went on for couple months and now its sporadic...hate it too.
Snoookie

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS