Does this sound like BFS/BFCS ?

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Does this sound like BFS/BFCS ?

Postby Kookey143 on February 19th, 2012, 5:12 pm

Hi guys! I'm new. My name is Courtney and I'm not the oldest person here.. Anyways, I heard that BFS can happen at any age. I believe i've had twitches and a few tingling i some spots for around 2-4 years. I have a couple small cramps, they're not severe. Just kind of a dull feeling. I don't get them too often, but when I do, they make my legs feel kind of tired and as if I've been up on them all day. Laying down seems to help. They're good most days, but when my Health Anxiety kicks in, they get worse. I wanna say i'm used to them and that I can even ignore them. They're not that bad. I also have small bouts of weakness. Sometimes in my calves, sometimes in my feet or i my jaw or neck. It's slight though. I'm worried that it could be ALS, but I have a bit more understanding that ALS doesn't come and go in the same day, and that the weakness would be clinical and in an unresponsive limb or so.. I tend to forget that, :roll: but I'm just afraid that it is. There is also a stiff feeling in my shoulder, but I only notice it when I lift my arm. It comes and goes. I hope I'm not answering my own question when i say this, but maybe it's the way I slept or sleeping. I can't go to the dr whenever I like, but any responses would be greatly appreciated and any questions will be answered.

Thanks!
-Courtney
Kookey143

Re: Does this sound like BFS/BFCS ?

Postby bobajojo on February 19th, 2012, 5:57 pm

Welcome Courtney! So how old are you? So to be honest, it sounds like your symptoms are very mild. And yes, with ALS weakness would not come and go. It would get worse everyday and spread very quickly. You said that you've had symptoms for 2-4 years. That in itself should put your mind at ease. However, if you are having any anxiety I'd recommend checking out the BFS chat site. Here is the link. We have many BFSers on there all day to help answer questions and you can get realtime answers. -Matt

http://us3.chatzy.com/96573996549118
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Kookey143 on February 19th, 2012, 6:10 pm

Heh heh... Yeaahhh , I'm 13. I kniw I should be doing things other kids my age should be doing, but I'm just different...
Thanks for the link! I don't think I can get in though, probably too young. The symptoms I've been having have bern going on that long, but the weakness hasn't. It's bearable, and it's not severe at all. It's just bugging and somewhat worrysome! :roll:
Kookey143

Postby bobajojo on February 20th, 2012, 12:40 am

Courtney, you're going to be OK! At your age, you have NOTHING to worry about. If I had google when I was 13, I probably would worry about all kinds of things. But ALS should not ever enter your mind. Not at 13 years old. Please don't waste another minute worrying about something you do not have. Go and enjoy being young and having your WHOLE life ahead of you!!! -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Kookey143 on February 20th, 2012, 12:48 am

Okay, thanks :) I'm talking with my couselor every week, about my HA. I'm going to talk to my parens about it, once she gives me ways to approach them again. Last time failed.. And thanks :)
Kookey143

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS