Chinese medicine

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Chinese medicine

Postby jerry2 on February 11th, 2012, 7:27 am

Huh, thanx for the info, from the needles I imagined this must be painfull as hell... I guess the needles are very thin then.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby ImOK on February 12th, 2012, 3:40 pm

I agree - the needles should give you no pain - maybe tingling and a slight electrical sensation if they are moved (they sometimes do this - twirl them or apply some sort of stimulation). I admit to closing my eyes the first time so maybe that might be a good idea? They are, after all, much smaller in thickness than a hypodermic of any kind and feel nothing like a shot. Do some deep breathing beforehand and relax your muscles as much as possible - it will make it easier to get a good response. I also found it very relaxing and found that each AP was different in approach and how well their session positively affected me.

Bill - I've been meaning to get back to qigong also. It was the only thing beside sitting meditation that gave me real relief when symptoms were bad. Now I need it to keep me level (non-reactive to all the crap that goes on in my day). Time to dig out some books as I've forgotten so many of the exercises.....do you have any you like as the only ones I have are rather poor translations from Chinese?
ImOK
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on February 12th, 2012, 8:06 pm

ImOK wrote:Bill - I've been meaning to get back to qigong also. It was the only thing beside sitting meditation that gave me real relief when symptoms were bad. Now I need it to keep me level (non-reactive to all the crap that goes on in my day). Time to dig out some books as I've forgotten so many of the exercises.....do you have any you like as the only ones I have are rather poor translations from Chinese?

No, for a while I was doing some from a DVD that I got on the Internet, then when my friend returned from China he taught me an ancient set, I believe from the Shaolin temple. Maybe I'll make a Youtube video when I get some free time :-) Or maybe someone already did. :idea:
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on February 16th, 2012, 7:52 pm

Chinese medicine is definitely the way to go. That is where my holistic chiropractor got his acupuncture and energy medicine training. The thing that the Chinese acknowledge about the human body that western medicine ignores is the fact that we constantly have energy flowing through our bodies. The Chinese refer to these energy pathways as meridians. Emotional trauma, physical trauma, and even spiritual trauma can impact the energy pathways and disrupt the balance in our systems. This energy imbalance can lead to physical illness. When western medicine treats these illnesses with drugs, they only mast the symptoms but do not address the underlying cause.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby jerry2 on February 17th, 2012, 3:05 am

The Chinese doctor told me I have a liver meridian blockage and to less extent spleen blockage of energy. He told me he can not cure the reason for the blockage, but acupuncture and some herbs can ease the symptoms. Cause of the liver chi deficiancy is many times anger, he told me.

He advised me to get Tian Ma Gou Teng pills also, as they release the internal wind, which are the symptoms I am experiencing. Liver blockage causes internal wind which is more severe problem than the liver Yang rising. But he told me he can not cure me.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on February 17th, 2012, 8:57 am

jerry2 wrote:The Chinese doctor told me I have a liver meridian blockage and to less extent spleen blockage of energy. He told me he can not cure the reason for the blockage, but acupuncture and some herbs can ease the symptoms. Cause of the liver chi deficiancy is many times anger, he told me.

He advised me to get Tian Ma Gou Teng pills also, as they release the internal wind, which are the symptoms I am experiencing. Liver blockage causes internal wind which is more severe problem than the liver Yang rising. But he told me he can not cure me.

Jerry,

Don't let that news discourage you. Since you are open to the concept of energy and the real impact that our emotions can have on its flow, and the impact that can have on our physical bodies, you may be able to take that a step further. There is an excellent meditation technique to process through our fears (which is the seed of all negative emotions) and you can clear them out yourself. When I do this meditation, I can definitely feel an energy shift and it has been helping me in other areas of my life. Here's a link to the meditation technique: http://www.ascension101.com/en/ascensio ... rcise.html
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Experiences with BFS