Handwriting

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Handwriting

Postby Gerard on January 18th, 2012, 2:25 pm

Does anyone else have problems handwriting? The legibility of my handwriting has plummeted since I've had this, and I can't seem to write more than two or three words before my forearm cramps up. Out of all my symptoms (widespread fasciculations, fatigue, cramps, burning sensations) it is probably the handwriting that concerns me most. Regards :?
Gerard

Re: Handwriting

Postby chrissi on January 18th, 2012, 2:55 pm

Yep here, big issue for me.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby bobajojo on January 18th, 2012, 5:05 pm

Gerard,
I had this issue in the beginning. From months 1 to 7. Just recently (now 8 months in) I noticed significant improvement in my handwriting. I think it goes hand in hand with anxiety... for me it did. When signing my name, I could write the first letter and the rest became just a straight line. Now, my signature is back to normal... but I'm still twitching like mad! -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Gerard on January 18th, 2012, 5:35 pm

Thanks guys.

Often I hear the word "anxiety" mentioned on this forum. Which context are we talking about?

a) that we spontaneously start twitching, then anxiety about ALS/MS or whatever causes anxiety - which makes the intial symptoms worse, or
b) an unassociated major live event associated with anxiety is the actual triggerfor BFS?

.... or a bit of both?? Certainly I was under a moderate amount of stress around the time my symptoms started... but only stuff that millions of people have gone through without getting bfs.......
Gerard

Postby englishdave on January 18th, 2012, 6:29 pm

My hand writing has suffered, in fact my hand dexterity in general has decreased i think quite dramatically.

As for anxiety, i posted a question a little while ago about what came first, the bfs or the anxiety. didnt get many replies unfortunately. for me this has been a completely different type of anxiety than ive ever experienced... Im 41, serving cop and not the anxious type... up until about 6 mnths ago, then had a virus which triggered alsorts of stuff, most recently BfS and a crazy hard to control anxiety.

Im sure there will be all types of triggers for the anxiety, a certain neuro diseasebeing one of them. for me BFS and anxiety go hand in hand, whereas Im sure some folk are as calm as a mill pond. Different strokes etc.

So far it has been a roller coaster ride for me. Im trying my hardest to not let it get the better of me, whilst respecting it enough for it not to catch me out.

Kind regards and good health.

Dave.
englishdave
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby bailyloves on January 18th, 2012, 9:30 pm

gets pain n fatigue in forearm n hand after writing 3 to 4 lines.I need to stop for a moment,then again i can rewrite.
bailyloves
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby chrissi on January 19th, 2012, 3:54 am

bailyloves, i can totally relate to that, although it got a lot better
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on January 23rd, 2012, 10:32 pm

My handwriting is abysmal, and has plummetted in quality since BFS begin. Also, in general, holding and moving small objects with my fingers is difficult. Texting on my touchscreen phone is a pain in the *beep*.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Hyperexcite on February 29th, 2012, 4:08 pm

I have that too! Can only write a couple of sentences then my hand aches, cramps.. but I've had that for a while now.. before my twitching started. I can still write but heck I wouldnt like to write an essay these days! It's never got worse, just the same...
Hyperexcite

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS