Low Testosterone

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Low Testosterone

Postby Southern on January 10th, 2012, 10:10 pm

I finally have an appointment with a Neuro but while waiting my doctor ordered a testosterone test, due to my extreme fatigue/weakness, loss of muscle, and brain fog. My level was a 261 with a normal at 360 or 380 (I forgot).

My question is this: Are you aware of anyone who had both BFS and low Testosterone that had 'some' of their symptoms relieved when taking testosterone shots?

Thanks.

EDIT: I went back and corrected my testosterone range.
Last edited by Southern on January 11th, 2012, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Southern

Re: Low Testosterone

Postby englishdave on January 11th, 2012, 6:33 am

Ive never had mine tested but always thought that i would have low testosterone due to other factors, such as my nature, demeanour, last of 5 children etc.

May be worth reposting this in one of the other forums... Dont think many use this one.

Dave.
englishdave
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby mike fla on January 13th, 2012, 2:51 pm

Someone at my work has the exact same symptoms. I think they just started giving him testosterone.
mike fla
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Southern on January 17th, 2012, 7:46 pm

I was given one shot of Testosterone but it didn't help my weakness at all. That could be because I got a stomach virus the same week (!) or it could be because my weakness doesn't stem from that.

Thanks for you response(s).

-Southern
Southern

Postby Ghayes420 on January 17th, 2012, 11:58 pm

Southern, I don't know much, but I happen to know football and male hormones. You need to ask for a blood test for 'Free Testosterone" not just total serum levels. You can have a sub par serum level, like 280-350 and still have a free testosterone level that is normal and you will be just fine. Serum testosterone levels mean nothing, free testosterone levels give the endocrinologist or urologist a better picture of the bio available T to the brain.
sometimes supplementing T actually can increase anxiety and depression because the male body will convert the T to estrogen instead. (hence why steroid users get gynocosmatia, anxiety, rage, etc). The supplementation of T can be successful but it takes careful monitoring by a trained doctor, which many are not on this topic. Most endo's that i know, a couple good ones, are mostly trained in diabetes and thyroid. Most urologists deal with prostrate and reproductive issues. Here in the states, many suspicious Male Enhancement clinics have opened up their doors and provided scripts for Injectable T or Testoderm cream after you spend a few hundred on pointless tests. just be careful if you mess with hormones and find a doctor you can trust that knows what they are doing. This therapy can be very beneficial for many various symptoms however I don't think that fasciculations are one of them, please let me know if you get relief. Good luck.
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Postby Southern on January 18th, 2012, 12:09 am

Ghayes,

Thank you for your response!

My free level was fine, which my GP told me meant that my body was holding find on my Testosterone level, which is basically what you appeared to be saying.

At this point, I don't think the Testosterone is the issue with the fatigue and certainly not the twitching.

BTW, the twitching is really not whats bothering me as I could live with that but rather the brain fog and fatigue. This has greatly affected my day to day living quality.

Thanks!
Southern

Postby mike fla on January 20th, 2012, 11:06 pm

My friend at work who had a lot of your issues had a problem with his pituatary gland. He had a virus that screwed with the gland and that messed with his testosterone levels and also caused brain fog, twitching, etc. He is now on meds and they seem to be helping. Maybe you should ask about that
mike fla
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby englishdave on January 21st, 2012, 2:16 pm

Have you ever had the cortisol blood.test to ensure your *beep*.are working correctly???
englishdave
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Southern on January 21st, 2012, 10:55 pm

No, I haven't. My free testosterone was good and I was told that this is a sign that my testosterone is holding up its levels well. I don't know anything about the test you mention. Thanks though.
Southern

Postby Silverbullet on January 28th, 2012, 4:25 pm

I have been taking testosterone for years and years because I have hemochromatosis and it's messed up my hormones :(
Silverbullet

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS