Back from the neurologist

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Back from the neurologist

Postby submarine on December 15th, 2011, 1:35 am

I visited my neurologist today for my MRI result and all my symptoms. (most are action tremor, little eyeball movement, wrist cramp) It turns out that I have a brain lesion :shock: but my doctor who's specialized in MS doesn't think that's MS. One of my autoimmune blood checkup also shows wrong, so my doctor attribute my symptom to some autoimmune disease. I have a main brain vessel stenosis and my doctor told that even at my age, I'm not spare from stroke if things keep going worse.(He said that he has an 18 years old stroke case) However, my doctor seems doesn't think my symptom are life-threatening. All he asked me is to take aspirin ( anitcogulatant) daily and take Vit. B12. He think that I'm young and it's possible for my body to recover if I keep regular hours.

Really have to take care of my health. :cry:
Last edited by submarine on December 15th, 2011, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
submarine

Re: Back from the neurologist

Postby bfshopeful on December 15th, 2011, 2:20 am

Not the best news, but definiately not the worst by far. Take care of yourself and have a wonderful New Year.
"It's mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."
bfshopeful
Saint
Saint

Postby Wells05 on December 15th, 2011, 9:03 am

Ok just so you know I have the EXACT same story! before all the twitching started for me back in 2009, I was pregnant and getting Migraine Headaches 2 times a day. I'm talking the auro, headache, then throw up then I would get it all over again in the same day. I went to a nuero only for this reason. At first the nuero just said I think its migraines, you will just need to ride this out until the end of your pregnancy. so I went on another 10 weeks until one day I thought I was dieing, I couldn't even lay my head on the pillow, throwing up, very sick. The Nuero had me come in that same day for a scan on my brain to be sure there isn't a tumor, come to find out I have more than 1 white spots on my brain. I asked the Nuero, do I have MS his response whats do you have it? I don't know, and I going to test you for it NO. I'm geez ok thats real assuring, but I wasn't worried at that point I just wanted my migraines to stop. Moral of the story is I was put on a low does aspirin for the remainder of my pregnancy as the Dr was nervous that I would have a stroke because my migraines are so compound. The nuero has me still on them to this day, and its been 2 1/2 years. Actually its been proven a low does aspirin is actually goood for you so don't worry just take it :) Ashley
Wells05
Hero
Hero

Postby cincila on December 16th, 2011, 5:27 am

I visited neuro today,
Well, she is 99% that I dont have MS despite all those muscle twitches. She said it can be caouse by nervs irritation, anxiety, stress or some other disfunction or maybe lyme.
However, she did all those tests on me (reflexes, walking, nedle...all) and she said I am even better then normal :D .

I told her about pains (back, legs), tongue tingling... nothing abnormal to her.

However, she said I should do MRI in order to be 100% and not in fear anymore, because from her point of view the fear is kiling me softly :D and I spend all my time thinking of my twitches.

She reccomenden me more exercise and medicines - Rivotril.

We will see, at least I feel much better now :D .
cincila

Postby cincila on January 30th, 2012, 3:24 am

Hello,

I did my MRI brain exam - all clean, no abnormalities found.
Now, I know I dont have MS or ALS... but twitches are still here. I ignore them, but when they start on my face or tongue its impossible. Nevertheless, at least I dont freak out like I used to... therefore, I recommend you to do MRI - yout to get those diseases of your mind.

God bless you all!
cincila

Postby jerry2 on January 30th, 2012, 3:52 pm

MRI can not get the ALS out of anybody's mind as MRI is not for ALS but for MS, EMG is for ALS. That doesn not need to concern you though as I know your from our local forum, you are fine. But when I see a mistake I correct it. MRI doesn't say anything about ALS most of the time.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby cincila on January 31st, 2012, 2:32 am

Jerry,
my neuro said that MRI all - it shows brain as a whole and if its all normal, then why would you have ALS? Or maybe I missunderstood her... but as far as I remember she said it will tell all...
However, I am not concerned about ALS - after 14 months of twitching, without feeling weak (not even for a moment), I am sure that I dont have it. Actually, I never in my life had so much energy :lol: . And I dont have cramps, only tingling, which is not ALS. Its my mind - I finally got it. Now I just need to cure it. Someone recommended beta blockers to me, anyone familiar with these drugs?
cincila

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS