A Family affair

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

A Family affair

Postby dwpierce on May 23rd, 2004, 4:09 pm

I guess I need to really relax on my twiches

My son(he is 15) was laying on the floor today and told me to feel him side.
It was twiching away like crazy just like the ones I feel.
He told me he gets them all the time just does not pay attention to them.
Until I had one that moved my finger, which really set me off in the first place. I probably had them and did not even think twice till I looked them up on the internet. The rest of the story we all know.
Time to chill out for me. It has been almost 2 yrs since I remeber laying in bed thinking my legs were vibrating.
Just sharing to let you know twiching is much more common than I had realized.
Dave
dwpierce

yes

Postby barbo36 on May 23rd, 2004, 5:12 pm

3 out of 4 of my kids also twitch just not to the degree I do. The wierd thing is they say they always have and I cant thint of a time I ever twitched besides my eye until last year. Barb
barbo36

family affair

Postby dont on May 24th, 2004, 12:52 pm

DW and Barb,

Have you seen their twitches? Do they look the same as ours???
dont
Hero
Hero

Postby barbo36 on May 24th, 2004, 12:57 pm

Yes pretty much. Try and relax a little I can tell you are still terrified. I was terrified at one point and my twitching was awful. I am still worried but not at all like I was before. Barb
barbo36

Postby dwpierce on May 24th, 2004, 2:25 pm

Yes , I could feel them also and he had a good thumper going the muscle was jumping while he was totally relaxed laying on the floor.
It looked and felt as mine do and lasted about the same time.
He was also having one in his arm by his elbow at the same time but it was gone before I could get a look at it. Very reassuring to me.
Dave
dwpierce

Postby John_JR on May 27th, 2004, 4:46 am

Sorry to hear that more people are having this affliction especially children. I was around 15 when mine started (I'm 31 now).

Posts like these reaffirm my belief that these twitches are pathogen related.
John R.
John_JR

i agree

Postby KimE on May 27th, 2004, 7:04 pm

Posts like these reaffirm my belief that these twitches are pathogen related.

I was thinking the same thing. Something we are ingesting either via skin, air or food.

Kim
KimE

Postby John_JR on May 28th, 2004, 2:55 am

There are others on this forum I believe are twitching for multiple if not other reasons, but there is a larger group of us on here that have the exact same symptoms. In my case I thought it was related to my diet or something else like that until my girlfriend (wife now) started slowly developing the SAME symptoms. Mode of transmission – unknown. Virus, bacteria – don’t know.

Over the years I’ve watched as more and more people are coming to this forum with these same symptoms. This leads me to believe we are indeed dealing with something transmittable, yet undetected by modern medicine.
John R.
John_JR

Postby speg on June 22nd, 2004, 9:03 pm

It could be genetic. My brother has them and has had them for years. I haven't lived with him for 20 years. His began about five years ago. I remember he mentioned ALS to me, he was going through the fear at the time. He eventually asked his cardilogist about it who told him it was stress, no need to worry. My brother just lives with it and doesn't worry. he even said his knee twitches were so strong his knee would buckle.

On a side note, the man who owned my house before I did died of ALS. I REFUSE to believe I have caught ALS from rusty pipes. His wife didn't catch it and my husband doesn't have it. This would be an irrational fear for me to develop at this point in time. Maybe it just lies in my subconscious cause I remember getting freaked out when we bought the house cause I did twitch a few years back before we moved here.
speg
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS