Almost 1 year later - still cured

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby Jujulia on March 14th, 2012, 9:59 am

We all know about the placebo effect, but what about the nocebo effect? :) http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/ ... rust-prize
Jujulia
Hero
Hero

Postby Jujulia on March 14th, 2012, 11:13 am

wjjw wrote:
SecretAgentMan wrote:One of the tricks they talk about in turning your thought patterns around is to look at the good things in your life and feel appreciation and gratitude for them. Gratitude is one of the quickest ways to turn your emotions around. It is a very powerful emotion.

This is absolutely the best piece of advice in this entire thread.

I couldn't agree more... especially after the tragedy that happened in Switzerland this morning :(
Jujulia
Hero
Hero

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 15th, 2012, 11:51 am

jerry2 wrote:I am now reading a book from Louise L. Hay.

From your comments, I have only one question... So the mind is so powerfull it creates reallity? That goes hand in hand with the people who said to me during last 10 years (I had cancer fears for more than 10 years yes): Don't think about cancer, you will get it!

Well, I had cancer fears! I can not tell you now, maybe it is in this moment growing somewhere inside me, but the fact is from that fears (MIND), I didn't get it then. The belief I had it didn't turn into cancer (lucky for me!).

As I read this forum, many people (like me) struglle with ALS fear for long. They don't turn into ALS patient (lucky for me and them).

It seems that the thought itself is in fact not powerfull enough to actually produce this kind of diseases. The next question is then: How can it cure them then? Saying that, I have no proof I have anysthing other that psychosomatic think to this very day and if this will prove correct I can in fact save myself as my body is not so sick. It was more of a theoretical question for the ones who have proof they are dying sick and the first question was about... all my 10 years of cancer fears, now ALS fears... How it is I am still alive then, because according to what I understand that you wrote (maybe I understood wrong, English is in fact not my language) that the energy of thought is so powerfull... why I don't have (visible) cancer as of yet then or ALS (I've spent so much time studying it and fearing it, I was according to this teories like asking for it) :-(

I hope I am not too... I don't know what, but I really would like to know, because it seems theory like this contradict itself. Ok, maybe I dided in previous life of cancer so I got cancer fear in the first place but... ;-&

All I can say Jerry is that you will just have to play around with this stuff on your own and see for yourself. Nobody can tell you what to believe, and I am not trying to. All I am doing is sharing what I have learned in the hope that it will help others as it did me.

I will share this though about the manifestation powers of the mind. First of all there is a time delay as the wheels have to be set into motion by the original thought. Depending on the gap between where you are and where the new destination is (in time and space) will be a factor. The consistency with which you hold that new thought in your vibration and the intensity of emotion you feel behind it will determine the speed at which you charge towards that new destination. If you get distracted with other thoughts or goals it will change your course just as quickly. If you have resistance to reaching your goal that too will hold you back. There are many, many factors but they all work together in seamless harmony that is the perfection of the universe.

Some people have premonitions of events that don’t come to fruition for years or even decades. Cancer is a big deal because it often ends one’s stay in the physical realm so in order for that to come into fruition your higher self will have to be fully on board to check out. If you have not yet completed the lessons you were to learn this go-around you will not be able to manifest the end of your stay quite so easily. I can assure you though if you spend more of your time in fear you will not be attracting things that will make you happy.

BFS was a wake up call to me. Perhaps the same is true for others on this board. I am actually grateful that I came down with it because I never would have wound up where I am. It actually served me in a positive aspect, although I did not think so at the time. Only in retrospect looking back can I see the big picture as it unfolded. I hope that everyone here can say the same someday.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 15th, 2012, 12:12 pm

wjjw wrote:
SecretAgentMan wrote:One of the tricks they talk about in turning your thought patterns around is to look at the good things in your life and feel appreciation and gratitude for them. Gratitude is one of the quickest ways to turn your emotions around. It is a very powerful emotion.

This is absolutely the best piece of advice in this entire thread. I would go ever farther, and say that gratitude is a powerful emotion that invokes the divine archetype of Gratitude, which is one of the most powerful forces.

This is not wishful thinking. Until someone has actually and earnestly tried what is suggested here (not just once, but for days, weeks and months), then you can deny the power of the mind all you want, and even cite evidence that we can't use the mind go grow back missing limbs. But that is nothing but evidence that you have missed the point. :)

Cheers,
Bill

Thanks Bill, I try to start every day off with thinking of things I am grateful for. I have to say not only does it make me feel good starting the day off, but I have been happier in general. Good things continue to happen and I seem to catch on when opportunities present themselves. Life is good. :)
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on March 24th, 2012, 8:37 am

For anyone interested in the relationship of consciousness to the brain and a discussion of scientific world views, this is an excellent lecture by biologist Rupert Sheldrake.

Rupert Sheldrake Lecture: The Science Delusion

Sheldrake's cosmology analogy of the development of the universe from the big bang to the development of a plant from a seed is an excellent example of the hermetic principle "as above, so below." I think SAM may have mentioned it earlier--what I find most amazing are some of the uncanny insights of the ancients, long before the current state of science.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on March 24th, 2012, 9:35 am

Bill,

I haven't listened to the full hour speech, but the first 30 minutes have been very interesting. The conscious mind of my wife is already tired of me sitting in front of the computer while the kids run around the house, so I'll have to finish it later :shock:

Thanks for the link.....every since my mother passed away in september, death and dying coupled with what happens next has been a hot topic for me.

Take care,
Gary
garym

Postby wjjw on March 24th, 2012, 10:33 am

garym wrote:Bill,

I haven't listened to the full hour speech, but the first 30 minutes have been very interesting. The conscious mind of my wife is already tired of me sitting in front of the computer while the kids run around the house, so I'll have to finish it later :shock:

Gary, I literally laughed out loud when I read this. Only because I have experienced the same thing many, many times. :lol:

garym wrote:Thanks for the link.....every since my mother passed away in september, death and dying coupled with what happens next has been a hot topic for me.

Take care,
Gary

Gary, you're very welcome. My mother and father have both passed away since I have joined this forum. But I had already been investigating these topics for 14 years, since after my oldest son was born. It has vastly changed my views on death, and what this universal phenomena means. My signature line is the best 1 line summary I can think of (but couldn't fit the rest of the quote). Rupert Sheldrake is an excellent speaker, and this lecture gives many interesting ideas to pursue. You should definitely try to get through the rest of the video, perhaps while the conscious mind of the wife is asleep. :D

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 28th, 2012, 8:18 am

wjjw wrote:For anyone interested in the relationship of consciousness to the brain and a discussion of scientific world views, this is an excellent lecture by biologist Rupert Sheldrake.

Rupert Sheldrake Lecture: The Science Delusion

Sheldrake's cosmology analogy of the development of the universe from the big bang to the development of a plant from a seed is an excellent example of the hermetic principle "as above, so below." I think SAM may have mentioned it earlier--what I find most amazing are some of the uncanny insights of the ancients, long before the current state of science.

Cheers,
Bill

Very interesting presentation. I'm not sure if he went into detail about this phenomenon in his book (he probably does), but one of the big clues that points to the order of the universe following the order of life/organisms and nature is the presnece of the golden ratio (Fibonacci sequence) everywhere we look. From the spiral of the smallest sea shell, to the shape of the human ear, to the spiral of a hurricane to the spiral of stars in a galaxy. It all is all perfectly represented by this same ratio, which suggests intelligent design at every level of our universe. Here's a short youtube video that demonstrates: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MHgPGvfx2Y

Thanks again for sharing.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on March 28th, 2012, 4:28 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:Very interesting presentation. I'm not sure if he went into detail about this phenomenon in his book (he probably does), but one of the big clues that points to the order of the universe following the order of life/organisms and nature is the presnece of the golden ratio (Fibonacci sequence) everywhere we look. From the spiral of the smallest sea shell, to the shape of the human ear, to the spiral of a hurricane to the spiral of stars in a galaxy. It all is all perfectly represented by this same ratio, which suggests intelligent design at every level of our unierse. Here's a short youtube video that demonstrates: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MHgPGvfx2Y

Exactly. But the intelligent design (ID) opponents lash out against a "watchmaker god" instead of recognizing the amazing display of intelligence pervading everything. Here is a quote on the golden mean:

Zeising in 1854 wrote:[describing a universal law] "in which is contained the ground-principle of all formative striving for beauty and completeness in the realms of both nature and art, and which permeates, as a paramount spiritual ideal, all structures, forms and proportions, whether cosmic or individual, organic or inorganic, acoustic or optical; which finds its fullest realization, however, in the human form."

The greatest minds always recognize these types of patterns, and have the ability to see them (having "the eyes to see") for what they are--signs of intelligence pervading the universe. But there are others who make it their mission to do everything they can to prevent others from seeing this, and they fight ID with all of their energy. Take a look at this essay on the golden mean:

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/pseudo/fibonacc.htm

I found it randomly when I just searched for the golden mean, but it took me no longer than 30 seconds of reading it to determine that the author was a member of CSICOP. I immediately googled him, and sure enough, he was. That cracks me up. How could I have known that? Easy, they conform to patterns of their own making, just as nature conforms to patterns of the divine mind. In that essay, he points out:

"It's not difficult to find one of these curves that fits a particular pattern found in nature, even if that pattern is only in the eye of the beholder. But the dirty little secret of all of this is that when such a fit is found, it is seldom exact. The examples from nature that you find in books often have considerable variations from the "golden ideal". Sometimes curves claimed to fit the golden spiral actually are better fit by some other spiral."

Of course, there is no "dirty little secret," and this is nothing but a smokescreen, designed to divert others. The patterns are perfect, but of course their manifestations in form are not (yet). These people are the first to point out the ugliness that exists in the world--death, sickness, disease, misfortunate, whatever. They use this as "evidence" against the existence of God, but it is nothing but evidence against their own resistance to overcome the limitations of form, and realize that we must transform ourselves into something better. No matter how many lives it takes. :)

Cheers,
Bill
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 28th, 2012, 6:04 pm

wjjw wrote:
SecretAgentMan wrote:Very interesting presentation. I'm not sure if he went into detail about this phenomenon in his book (he probably does), but one of the big clues that points to the order of the universe following the order of life/organisms and nature is the presnece of the golden ratio (Fibonacci sequence) everywhere we look. From the spiral of the smallest sea shell, to the shape of the human ear, to the spiral of a hurricane to the spiral of stars in a galaxy. It all is all perfectly represented by this same ratio, which suggests intelligent design at every level of our unierse. Here's a short youtube video that demonstrates: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MHgPGvfx2Y

Exactly. But the intelligent design (ID) opponents lash out against a "watchmaker god" instead of recognizing the amazing display of intelligence pervading everything. Here is a quote on the golden mean:

Zeising in 1854 wrote:[describing a universal law] "in which is contained the ground-principle of all formative striving for beauty and completeness in the realms of both nature and art, and which permeates, as a paramount spiritual ideal, all structures, forms and proportions, whether cosmic or individual, organic or inorganic, acoustic or optical; which finds its fullest realization, however, in the human form."

The greatest minds always recognize these types of patterns, and have the ability to see them (having "the eyes to see") for what they are--signs of intelligence pervading the universe. But there are others who make it their mission to do everything they can to prevent others from seeing this, and they fight ID with all of their energy. Take a look at this essay on the golden mean:

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/pseudo/fibonacc.htm

I found this essay randomly when searching for the golden mean, but it took me no longer than 30 seconds of reading it to determine that the author was a member of CSICOP. I immediately googled him, and sure enough, he was. That cracks me up. How could I have known that? Easy, they conform to patterns of their own making, just as nature conforms to patterns of the divine mind. In that essay, he points out:

"It's not difficult to find one of these curves that fits a particular pattern found in nature, even if that pattern is only in the eye of the beholder. But the dirty little secret of all of this is that when such a fit is found, it is seldom exact. The examples from nature that you find in books often have considerable variations from the "golden ideal". Sometimes curves claimed to fit the golden spiral actually are better fit by some other spiral."

Of course, there is no "dirty little secret," and this is nothing but a smokescreen, designed to divert others. The patterns are perfect, but of course their manifestations in form are not (yet). These people are the first to point out the ugliness that exists in the world--death, sickness, disease, misfortunate, whatever. They use this as "evidence" against the existence of God, but it is nothing but evidence against their own resistance to overcome the limitations of form, and realize that we must transform ourselves into something better. No matter how many lives it takes. :)

Cheers,
Bill

Ah yes, I know the type well (the author of the essay). It used to bug me when I would encounter a stubborn soul who would adamantly oppose that which had been validated to me in my own experience. It was later that I realized just how powerful the Law of Attraction is and how it ties into our duality experience here on this Earth. When we hold a belief it is a thought pattern that is chronic in our vibration and thus it is continually validated to us through our experience. This is because that chronic vibration attracts experiences that are in vibrational alignment with that belief. The author of this essay has had his belief that there is no order validated to him because that is the vibration he is putting out and thus the experience that he is having. If he were to expand his awareness to realize that what he is experiencing is simply in direct response to his belief system he might then see the pattern and the order. The fact that some souls are not ready to make that leap is fine though because we are all at different points in our path. It does not make us better or worse, just at different perspectives.

Similarly I would suggest that you didn't find this essay randomly (although it seems that way) because it was an experience that you were attracting in your vibration. It took me a while to realize the full scope of the Law of Attraction and then turn around and apply it to how I was recovering from BFS. It wasn't just some tool to keep in my back pocket to find a good parking space at work or to get a quick check in the mail. It is what defines our experience every second of every day. With very few exceptions, it is responsible for what comes to us in our daily lives and what does not come to us. It is what causes us to get sick and it is what causes us to get well. The universe follows certain laws in how it operates but within those laws, this is what brings us our experience as our life unfolds. Its amazing really.

So I don't get upset when I come across dissenting opinions like I used to (and I'm not saying you are either). I don't take it personally if they don't take what I have to say seriously. I realize that each of us comes to the table with our own unique perspectives. We all have varying beliefs because we all have attracted different experiences and based our conclusions on those observations. From two different perspectives two different people might be able to observe conflicting views thus validating two completely opposite beliefs. Yet they each had the experience that they were in vibrational alignment with. Pretty cool stuff indeed...

All of that being said, I think that the Fibonacci pattern is indeed a pattern that is there to serve as a clue. If everything in the universe were set to follow it precisely to a T, we probably would not have the individuality that we have in our variations of form. It may be a blueprint to follow but we were given a bit of a leash. If there was no leash we'd all be pinned into a very specific form. That's my 2 cents anyway. Thanks again for sharing.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on March 31st, 2012, 8:02 am

Just to be clear, I deliberately mentioned the CSICOP author's essay not to consider his current vibrational state, what particular beliefs he holds, or what experiences he may be attracting to himself. I believe that in order to try to understand reality (in as much as we are capable of discerning), we need to carefully watch out for not only our own biases, but also those of others. This has nothing to do with anyone being "good" or "bad." For purely pragmatic reasons, many people want to know things like what happens when we die, is there an afterlife, etc. As Gary said, he became more interested in this after his mother passed away. I'm just making the point that mainstream science currently has a materialistic bias. And there many people who are convinced this is "the truth" and act as if their beliefs are justified and supported by science, when this is not the case. Furthermore, some of them make it their mission to convince others, and save them from "weird beliefs." Fortunately, they usually do so with arrogance and sarcasm, so their bias is easily detected.

So, related to some discussions on this thread, I just came across a very interesting NDE case being discussed on a parapsychology forum. Apparently, this woman had not only a vivid NDE, but also a miraculous and unexplained recovery from terminal cancer. What I find particularly interesting was the state she was in during the NDE was described as if it were outside of physical time. She also seemed to gain some insight to the fact that not all of the causes of illnesses can be related to or explained by physical conditions and environment. Many of us here have at one time or another feared or even been obsessed with what twitchers see as the worst case scenario. This is unwarranted, but even people faced with situations like that still have much to hope for, and the evidence is out there. It's not just wishful thinking :)

Anita Moorjani 'Dying To Be Me' Interview by Renate McNay

I am not up on NDE research at all, but one of the other posters seems to have studied it extensively. He also happened to be a friend of this woman, and he posted a link to his review of her book:

Review: Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing

Cheers,
Bill
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 31st, 2012, 7:01 pm

Thanks Bill, I just recently met someone who himself had a NDE in 2005 and he said it completely changed him. It was simply amazing to listen to the story of his experience and how it changed him. He explained the sensation of having his awareness separated from his body and he explained it as suddenly having a contrast of who he truly was and what he was leaving behind (all the worries, fears, and other baggage we tend to carry around with us). He said none of it came with him. He said he could never have known that contrast because it was always with him so how could he discern the difference? He choose his words very carefully in telling his story. He said that it was difficult to put what he experienced into words, because what he experienced while out of body was a 'knowing'. He compared it to how when you are done reading a long book and you put it down your mind has a broad overview of all the pieces of information that were written in it and how they fit together to form the big picture. He said the 'knowing' that he experienced while out of body was that where he was going was so much better than this and he was truly happy. He also said he knew he had done this many, many times before. Then he said that suddenly he was stopped and was basically told (but not in words) that he was not done and he snapped back into his body.

After waking up he said his priorities in life shifted completely. Money went from near the top of the list to falling completely off the list. His wife actually had him seek counseling because he seemed like a completely new person. He shifted his focus to people and relationships. He also was wondering if he was losing his mind. His therapist sessions yielded rationalizations of what he experienced and he was given a clean bill of health. He has since started to pursue spiritual growth to gain an understanding of what he experienced. Its been pretty interesting to listen to his perspectives on things and to listen to some of the experiences he's had now since his shift in awareness. Listening to him has kind of perked an interest in NDE's for me, so I look forward to watching the video you sent. You have some pretty good info to share. I've found all of them very interesting. Thanks again.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on April 1st, 2012, 10:11 am

SecretAgentMan wrote:After waking up he said his priorities in life shifted completely. Money went from near the top of the list to falling completely off the list. His wife actually had him seek counseling because he seemed like a completely new person. He shifted his focus to people and relationships. He also was wondering if he was losing his mind. His therapist sessions yielded rationalizations of what he experienced and he was given a clean bill of health.

Of course, more evidence of how difficult it is to change perspective, even if the new perspective is more permanent and more in line with reality than the one previously held. I had to laugh at the wife's suggestion of therapy, and the rationalization part. :) I think this quote by Robert Leicthman, MD accurately describes part of the problem in "The Psychic Life":

"In fact, it is my conviction that psychology will be an incomplete science until it accepts 1) the reality of psychic phenomena surrounding and interacting with each person's personality and environment; 2) the noble influences of the soul; and 3) the fact of reincarnation. All three of these profoundly influence human consciousness. It is essential that behavioral sciences which attempt to help sick people get well recognize all of the forces that contribute to sickness and all of the forces that contribute to wellness. "

The woman in the NDE video briefly touched on 1) and 3).

Cheers,
Bill
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on April 2nd, 2012, 10:33 am

Excellent video Bill. I finally made the time to watch it this morning. I really like that she made the point about getting in touch with your feelings. That is something I lose track of sometimes as I get caught up in the dramas of life and over analyze things with my mind. If you focus on what makes you happy and let that define your actions you will live a happy and blessed life. I've seen so much validation of this already including the very important 'turning my BFS around.' Fear, worries and all the other negative emotions will only hold us back. Thanks again for the video. I sent it on to my new friend who had the NDE. He was only out for a second or two whereas she said she was out for close to 30 hours. Like she said though, due to the true nature of time (or lack thereof) it really didn't matter. You have all the time you need because you no longer experience it in a linear fashion.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Experiences with BFS