Almost 1 year later - still cured

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby jerry2 on March 12th, 2012, 4:36 am

That you won't think that I retreated back... but all this what you are saying is really too much for me at the moment. And none of this theories, however interesting, do not solve why I have this feet and wrist pain and how to solve it. I know I am a small man in a small mind in a small world and limited now by very concrete problem that is so small in this universe and that I don't even understand why this is happening to me, I guess... I just want to get rid of the pain and twitching and numbness right now. All this theories that far is in fact close etc. are very interesting, but thwy are only theories. If you can tell me for example that my pain is coming from some other life I had and how to get rid of it, I'd like to know.

To sum: Even broadening my perspectives won't cure my problem I have here and now. It is like you tell all this things to a peasant. He will tell you, it is all good and nice, but the rain is still falling from the clouds even if the rain itself is illusion, he still has to deal with everyday life, like how to seal the farm so that the rain won't get in, how to feed the cattle, how to seed the plants... I am with concrete problems also.

I think meditation, healing the "soul", mind, or whatever is called can help me calm down and take some of this stuff away. But the things that I may have another past life in Orion system really doesn't interest me at this point in time. When I die, I'll see for myself (or feel or whatever) where I go. I have open mind that I don't know a *beep*. I just want to get rid of my symptoms.

Hope you understand ;-)
jerry2
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 928
Joined: October 4th, 2011, 2:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 12th, 2012, 9:17 am

Jerry,

Sorry for the divergence of the topic, but I promise it is all related. Your 'concrete' problem is only as 'concrete' as you choose to make it. I know that sounds confusing, but that's the point I was trying to make with the intentions talk earlier. Our consciousness is literally shaping the reality that we experience. You hear this talked about and described by teachers of 'The Law of Attraction.' As Dr. Bruce Greyson talked about in the short video wjjw referenced, everything that you perceive with your physical senses is really just an interpretation of light frequencies, sound frequencies, vibrational frequencies. All of your senses are just vibrational interpretations converted by the brain into something your mind (consciousness) can understand. Your very thoughts are frequencies. It only seems real and concrete to you because you've been doing it so long, its all you know.

The way that The Law of Attraction works is that the thought vibrations that you put out (think) bring back to you an experience that is a vibrational match to those frequencies. The beautiful thing about quantum physics is that this stuff is starting to be able to be verified through science. Skeptics will often immediately discount the Law of Attraction because everybody thinks that if such a fantastic thing were true surely we would all have noticed that what we think starts to manifest itself in our experience. The tricky part is however that the vibration you put out is more than just the sum of your concious thoughts but it is also the sum of your subconscious programming, beliefs, and resistances.

Over the course of many lifetimes, we accumulate a lot of baggage (programming, beliefs, and resistances). These things hide in our subconscious and will often times cause us to live out and repeat scenarios that we want no part of consciously, but subconsciously we're stuck in a loop. They can be overcome though, especially once we are consciously aware of what is going on and we focus our intentions and thought patterns to overcome them. There are tricks you have to learn though that allows you to utilize the tools properly and use them to achieve your goals.

First things first, as I stated before the universe does not speak in negatives. If you say 'I don't want to twitch anymore' or 'I don't want this pain anymore' you will continue to stay stuck where you are. By using the very terminology you want to leave behind you are bringing it with you. Think of the problems you have as a dog that is following you around. Every time you say the dog's name it faithfully shows up at your side. In order to leave without the dog following you the trick is to not use the dog's name (verbally, mentally or visually). This is tricky though because it’s hard not to think of something that you so painfully want to sneak away from. The best way to do that is to find a distraction. You are in one location with the dog you don't want and you look across the room to the destination you want to be in (health and well being). Just look at the health and well being and let yourself get distracted by it. For the first few steps you're probably going to trip up a bit as you learn your sneaking method and the dog will hang with you for a bit. Don’t let this discourage you. Stay focused on that destination across the room (health and wellbeing). Eventually you’ll make it further and further with the dog falling farther and farther behind.

The key is to program your mind to develop a new pattern of thought. One that leaves your old method of worrying and stressing behind. It is all within your power. The true secret to success in the Law of Attraction is to maintain your focus on the final destination. Don’t worry about how you will get there or when. If you maintain your focus you will always get there.

Meditation will help you because meditation will help you quiet and focus your mind. It will help you program a new thought pattern more quickly. It will also help you clear out the resistance you might have to actually getting better. Believe it or not all BFS sufferers have a subconscious resistance to getting better. If you had no resistance you would not still be sick. Resistance is all that stands in the way between us and what we want, whether it be health, wealth, success, etc. These resistances can sometimes be buried deep, deep within the subconscious. It might be related to a trauma in this life, a past life, or even a chronic negative thought pattern that we continued to put out until it finally manifested itself as BFS. Whatever the reason, none of it is permanent. ‘Now’ is always your point of attraction. All you have to do is change your thoughts now, and change directions. If you worry about something from the past, you’re doing it now. If you think or worry about something in the future, you’re doing it now.

If you want to find some good information on the Law of Attraction I recommend the Jerry and Esther Hicks material, but there are many sources on the web. I hope this helps. I know its hard to grasp but try it out. The worst that can happen is that you start thinking more positively. Is that so bad?
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
User avatar
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 12th, 2012, 11:23 am

Jujulia wrote:If what you say is true and reincarnation is a fact, how are we supposed to detect their presence (dead people) if they are somehow in the "process of being reincarnated"? Don't you think it's a little bit contradictory? :)


I would like to chime in with my 2 cents on this. I believe that our consciousness (soul) is actually energy. When you see someone's aura, this is the energy field that surrounds their physical body. When we leave our physical body our awareness can move about and observe anyone, anywhere and even anytime we desire. We are still 'who we are' but we just lose our interface tool into the physical world (our physical body). People who are more sensitive to energy can sense non-physical entities because that energy field is very real.

We can choose when and where we want to re-enter the physical realm. Some of us might make the decision to jump back into the physical experience and linear time right after we left. Others might wait a few hundred of thousand years. Quantum physics has evidence to suggest that linear time as we perceive it is an illusion. For example, mathematics has shown that time is relative to both the forces of gravity and speed. Mathematics shows that as you reach closer to the speed of light time will slow down. It also shows that time cancels out in a black hole. Movies based on this phenomenon always suggest the use of a black hole to time travel. If you've heard of 'Schrodinger Cat' or the two slit experiment quantum physics also suggests that there are an infinite number of timelines, one existing for every possible scenario of events unfolding.

Our consciousness being interfaced or locked in to this reality limits us to only one timeline, which is why we hardly ever see any physical evidence of what is going on in the background. When we leave our physical bodies, we are no longer bound to one timeline, one physical location at a time, or one particular point in that timeline. You can go anywhere, anytime, in any timeline.

The really interesting thing is that even when you are present and fully integrated into your physical body, you can determine the course you take as you move forward and define your timeline. In this universe we have free will and the power to attract a timeline of our choosing. Our consciousness, our thoughts, are how we do this.

As I talked about before, our thoughts are just vibrational frequencies. When we dwell our thoughts on negative things like the symptoms of BFS, we put that out in our vibration. The universe faithfully obeys us and matches us up with an experience that matches that vibrational frequency. This is why it is so important for us to focus on the positive outcome that we want to achieve. Put out the vibration of health and prosperity. When your dominant vibration is of this and not the negative, you will see a series of events unfold before you that get you from where you are to where you want to be. You don’t even need to concern yourself with how, why or when it will happen. Put that vibration out there and it will happen. There will be a time delay. This isn’t magic. But the quicker you get those negative vibrations out of your energy field, the quicker you’ll see the change.

A good indicator that you are on the right path is that you will feel positive emotions. Your emotions are very important. They are like a GPS guidance system. If at any point in time you are feeling negative emotions, you are swimming up the stream against the current. You are disallowing yourself from getting to where you want to be. Frustration, helplessness, anger, fear are all indicators that you are not attracting something positive.

One of the tricks they talk about in turning your thought patterns around is to look at the good things in your life and feel appreciation and gratitude for them. Gratitude is one of the quickest ways to turn your emotions around. It is a very powerful emotion. Just by starting your day off with stating your list of things you are thankful for go a long way towards setting a positive tone for the day. You are always going to have events take place that will give you some contrast, but use these as opportunities to refine what you do want.

In other words, by being presented with what you don’t want it gives you a better idea of what you do want. Don’t dwell on what you don’t want, but rather stay focus on what you do want. We would never know the sweetness of pleasure without pain, but the pain never has to last as long or be as painful as we sometimes make it. This is always because we dwell on the wrong thoughts and put out the wrong vibrations. Hopefully this helps.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
User avatar
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby jerry2 on March 12th, 2012, 12:11 pm

Good way of thinking. There are parts I completely agree, like the one that person should only think positively, find inner itself, calm down etc... I don't believe though that I carry something from my past lives as I believe this is my first and only life and that people have the beliefs of many lives because it is comforting that it is not "all over" for them when they die. I respect this believes, I just don't share them (unfortunately for me, I would be living more easy if I would).

If I understand you correctly, I have foot/hand pain because I let it? If I distract they will be gone, as the pain is just an illusion? Every step I make remembers me of this "illusion" and even when I turn around I feel this illusion (you need ankle power to turn around in bed, never knew this before but you do!) ;-) Yes, I tell myself: Go away pain, go away twitching... So you say I can not say this things? What should I do? Distract myself? But when every step makes you pain it is hard.

And even then, maybe all of this what is happening for me is the illusion of my brain, the doctors didn't up to today find no evidence that there is something phisicaly wrong with me (BTW: I was at the phisiatric today and she found my feet "looks"normal, I'll now go to ultrasound), so what you say still can apply to me. But ALS patient can not reverse the disease with his thought or vibration or mind power. He can only accept to die in peace with himself. Which is also not insignificant.

My father (psychologist) just told me that this debate about whether the world is as it is and we are the mirror (objectivism) or the world is the product of out mind (subjectivists) is not a new argument, but 1000 years old debate. And as this can not be verified, the debate goes on.

BTW: Why do you think universe doesn't have negatives? It has negative charged ions, they say there is a parrallel universe that has opposite energy, there are allways two folds of the coin, like good/bad, jin/jang, negative energy vs positive energy etc. If you say the Universe doesn't know negatives, if I say to myself: Don't twitch, I don't want to isn't a negative, as this thought is also part of the Universe that doesn't know negatives ;-) so it can not be a negative. But I believe in positive as well as negative energy (it is not long ago I started believing that energy is so important at all)...

Right now I have some kind of respiratory infection for 3-4 weeks and I can not get rid of it. Illusion? I don't know, I don't seem to be caughing sputum because of my thoughts, but because of the virus. There seems to be laws in this small box of our world we live in. I can not move object that is even 1 meter away from me.

But yes, I agree the last part about meditation. One has to find a piece in himself and then he can have this positive energy. Nobody can find it for you. But your views are similar to my psychiatrist views, he told me also everything is possible in the quantum world etc. But I am interested in the world that I live in, what can I do to get better. And yes, you gave me few answers, thank you. It is just the philosophical stuff I don't share the same beliefs as you.
jerry2
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 928
Joined: October 4th, 2011, 2:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby jerry2 on March 12th, 2012, 12:13 pm

We can choose when and where we want to re-enter the physical realm. Some of us might make the decision to jump back into the physical experience and linear time right after we left. Others might wait a few hundred of thousand years. Quantum physics has evidence to suggest that linear time as we perceive it is an illusion. For example, mathematics has shown that time is relative to both the forces of gravity and speed. Mathematics shows that as you reach closer to the speed of light time will slow down. It also shows that time cancels out in a black hole. Movies based on this phenomenon always suggest the use of a black hole to time travel. If you've heard of 'Schrodinger Cat' or the two slit experiment quantum physics also suggests that there are an infinite number of timelines, one existing for every possible scenario of events unfolding.


Wow, that is all good for a theoretical debate. But even if there are bilions timelines I seem to live in one and if the others don't seem to influence me, I am still stuck with the pain. Maybe there is another timeline where jerry2 is free of pain living a different life, but I am still in this timeline :-(
jerry2
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 928
Joined: October 4th, 2011, 2:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby wjjw on March 12th, 2012, 1:04 pm

jerry2 wrote:That you won't think that I retreated back... but all this what you are saying is really too much for me at the moment. And none of this theories, however interesting, do not solve why I have this feet and wrist pain and how to solve it.

I was thinking this thread should probably be in the off topic lounge, but it is where it is.

But just to be clear Jerry, the initial comments were not targeted at your wrist pain, and you knew that. You chose to bring up death, sadness, loss, and the inevitable suffering of ALS patients. That was the way YOU directed the discussion. So the remarks were targeted at what you said was "undoubtedly the truth" with respect to you dying tomorrow. You are free to choose to see only the grief, sadness, and the loss of what is, and what will never be again. Yes, in matter there is sickness, death, and suffering, and we have to deal with that. The point was that there just might be a bit more too it than meets the eye, and you can make of that what you will.

Oh, and speaking of perspectives, I've never read a better description of optimism than this one, from someone who had every reason not to be:

Optimism, Helen Keller 1903

Hope you understand, and good luck with your symptoms. :)

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
User avatar
wjjw
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: September 24th, 2005, 2:39 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby wjjw on March 12th, 2012, 2:53 pm

Jerry2 wrote:Good way of thinking. There are parts I completely agree, like the one that person should only think positively, find inner itself, calm down etc... I don't believe though that I carry something from my past lives as I believe this is my first and only life and that people have the beliefs of many lives because it is comforting that it is not "all over" for them when they die. I respect this believes, I just don't share them (unfortunately for me, I would be living more easy if I would).

Are you sure about that? Would it really make your life easier? I hear that often, and it's one of the common arguments skeptics use to make it seem like a delusion--that people have beliefs in an afterlife or reincarnation because it makes them feel better. Believe me, I can think up hundreds of better delusions than the glimpse of reality I tried to describe. In fact, I can think of hundreds of scenarios that would make me prefer the materialist's delusion that when my brain dies the lights go out.

To me, these aspects of life are far too important to take anyone else's word for. At the very least, you should make some kind of effort to make sure that something you believe in appears to correspond to reality, and if it doesn't you should change it. For me, the incentive to understand these things came after my children were born. I wanted to be able give them some kind of guidance, whether it be in religion or science. It took me 14 years to formulate the view that I have, but if someone shows me evidence to the contrary, I will change my view tomorrow. But watch out for "beliefs." That was my incentive, but some people have others.

Last year I attended the First Annual Afterlife Awareness conference in AZ. I went primarily to get a chance to meet some of the mediums, psychics and researchers that I had been involved with. What I observed was that 75% of the attendees were grieving parents who had lost a child. Many had never given much thought to these topics at all, and were desperate to get any kind of understanding about what happened to their child. Usually we ignore any aspect of death, until it involves someone close to us.

Make no mistake about it, understanding what happened does not in any way make their absence easier. But I have seen people, who thought their loved one was gone from their lives forever, get a message from that person from a medium that to them undeniably proved that they were still present--somewhere, and still connected to them in some degree. Ask any parent who experienced that how it made them feel, and if their perspective on death made any difference or not.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
User avatar
wjjw
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: September 24th, 2005, 2:39 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 12th, 2012, 4:26 pm

jerry2 wrote:Good way of thinking. There are parts I completely agree, like the one that person should only think positively, find inner itself, calm down etc... I don't believe though that I carry something from my past lives as I believe this is my first and only life and that people have the beliefs of many lives because it is comforting that it is not "all over" for them when they die. I respect this believes, I just don't share them (unfortunately for me, I would be living more easy if I would).


That is fine, I was not trying to tell you what to think but simply trying to put into words what I believe and why. Each of us is on our own journey and must make up our minds for ourselves. I believe that we chose to forget for a reason.

jerry2 wrote:If I understand you correctly, I have foot/hand pain because I let it? If I distract they will be gone, as the pain is just an illusion? Every step I make remembers me of this "illusion" and even when I turn around I feel this illusion (you need ankle power to turn around in bed, never knew this before but you do!) ;-) Yes, I tell myself: Go away pain, go away twitching... So you say I can not say this things? What should I do? Distract myself? But when every step makes you pain it is hard.

And even then, maybe all of this what is happening for me is the illusion of my brain, the doctors didn't up to today find no evidence that there is something phisicaly wrong with me (BTW: I was at the phisiatric today and she found my feet "looks"normal, I'll now go to ultrasound), so what you say still can apply to me. But ALS patient can not reverse the disease with his thought or vibration or mind power. He can only accept to die in peace with himself. Which is also not insignificant.


This stuff is not easy to wrap your mind around and I'm sorry that I cannot put it in an understandable simple post on a forum. Its taken me months to absorb this info and to put the pieces together in my head to a point where I understand them from the big picture. This language, these words, can never do this subject justice. I will say this though. You are indeed a co-creator in your life experience whether you are aware of it or not. Illness is simply the manifestation of chronic negative thought patterns and emotions. Dig deep down and feel where you are emotionally and energetically and you should recognize where you are and where you have been leading up to and during your health problems. Research the Law of Attraction and the nature of reality with the intention of finding the truth.

jerry2 wrote:My father (psychologist) just told me that this debate about whether the world is as it is and we are the mirror (objectivism) or the world is the product of out mind (subjectivists) is not a new argument, but 1000 years old debate. And as this can not be verified, the debate goes on.


Actually the field of quantum physics is making it verifiable. It is indeed an old debate, but for those who truly and open-mindedly seek the truth find it. Through the expression of free will you have to. Here is a website that puts together a pretty good summary of studies done in the field of quantum physics that back up and verify different aspects that support the Law of Attraction: http://www.beyond-the-law-of-attraction ... ction.html

jerry2 wrote:BTW: Why do you think universe doesn't have negatives? It has negative charged ions, they say there is a parrallel universe that has opposite energy, there are allways two folds of the coin, like good/bad, jin/jang, negative energy vs positive energy etc. If you say the Universe doesn't know negatives, if I say to myself: Don't twitch, I don't want to isn't a negative, as this thought is also part of the Universe that doesn't know negatives ;-) so it can not be a negative. But I believe in positive as well as negative energy (it is not long ago I started believing that energy is so important at all)...


You are misunderstanding what I was saying. When I say that the universe does not know negatives, I meant in terms of the thought vibrations that you are putting out there. If I were to say to you 'Don't think of bananas.' How can you help but not think of bananas? In terms of thought if you are thinking of a scenario that you do not want to happen, you are playing out that scenario in your mind. As far as the Law of Attraction is concerned you are asking for that scenario to take place because that is the vibration that is being put out. That is what I meant about negatives. Similarly, the more attention you give to your condition, the more you are going to prolong it in your vibration and continue to replicate it in your life experience.

jerry2 wrote:Right now I have some kind of respiratory infection for 3-4 weeks and I can not get rid of it. Illusion? I don't know, I don't seem to be caughing sputum because of my thoughts, but because of the virus. There seems to be laws in this small box of our world we live in. I can not move object that is even 1 meter away from me.


Again, I believe that disease is the manifestation of chronic negative emotions or negative energy. It is a very real experience, but it is always brought about through the vibration you offer out. As you navigate through time you are navigating a sea of infinite possibilities before you. The reality you wind up experiencing is the reality that is a vibrational match to you.

Here are two video excerpts from 2 Abraham Hicks channeling sessions where Esther (channeling Abraham) goes into some detail on sickness and well-being. I hope they help make it more understandable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvJBed6n9h8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_s97P38FWg

jerry2 wrote:But yes, I agree the last part about meditation. One has to find a piece in himself and then he can have this positive energy. Nobody can find it for you. But your views are similar to my psychiatrist views, he told me also everything is possible in the quantum world etc. But I am interested in the world that I live in, what can I do to get better. And yes, you gave me few answers, thank you. It is just the philosophical stuff I don't share the same beliefs as you.


Again, no harm no foul on the beliefs. Each of us has to make up our minds for ourselves. If this information does not resonate with you it is simply not for you at this time. I truly do hope you find the truth that is right for you.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
User avatar
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby Jujulia on March 12th, 2012, 5:27 pm

Bill, I suppose we can sum up everything you said by these few words from Lavoisier: nothing is lost, nothing is created, all is transformed :)

What would we do without all those brilliant minds?

Of course, Lavoisier wasn't exactly talking about reincarnation :D

Bottom line: Man is incurably religious (wasn't communism a religion too?). We all need to believe in something or in a truth that transcends us, whatever it is. One could even argue that religion has always been a sort of primitive science (trying to answer those eternal questions of life: where do we come from, where are we going, etc.). I personally believe in certain things, but in the end, the only thing that really matters is how we live our lives, how we behave with the less unfortunate people, etc. Who REALLY knows what will happen next? Honestly, if I were atheist, I'd listen to Epicurus when he says that we should not be disturbed by the anticipation of death because when we're dead, we're dead and we don't know it -- so why stress ourselves about something we will not even notice? Of course, the problem is the pain, the agony before we actually die, or even the idea of abandoning our loved ones (what will they do without us?)...

Anyway, I know what Jerry means. When we're are suffering, we don't care about an hypothetical paradise or an hypothetical reincarnation, nor we care about Iran having a nuclear weapon or Obama winning or losing the election; we only care about our condition, our chronic pain, it is the center of our universe and nothing else matters, because without the health, everything else has zero importance. Who cares about the future of democracy or a potential trip in March when you're dying from a cancer or a neurodegenerative disease...? The truth is that we would not need to hold a debate about the relevance of euthanasia if we could at least alleviate people's chronic pain.
Jujulia
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 314
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 9:31 am

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby wjjw on March 12th, 2012, 8:18 pm

Jujulia wrote:Bill, I suppose we can sum up everything you said by these few words from Lavoisier: nothing is lost, nothing is created, all is transformed

Yes Jujulia, I would say so. See? You didn't even have to ask about contradictions. You found the most expressive form of the idea, and applied it. The same is true for many expressions of truth found in sacred writings, inspired poems, or insightful quotes. The truth lies in the archetypical pattern, not just in its particular expression.

Jujulia wrote:What would we do without all those brilliant minds?

The brilliant human minds only reproduce what they discover--that which already exists in the divine mind. They produce an infinite number of manifestations of those principles. It is up to each of us to discover and attune to the abstract principles, and then do our best to manifest them in whatever circumstances we find ourselves in.

Jujulia wrote:Of course, Lavoisier wasn't exactly talking about reincarnation

Oh, but he was. He was also talking about the seasons, thermodynamics, reincarnation of entire solar systems, and all cyclical patterns that we observe in the universe.

Jujulia wrote:Bottom line: Man is incurably religious (wasn't communism a religion too?). We all need to believe in something or in a truth that transcends us, whatever it is. One could even argue that religion has always been a sort of primitive science (trying to answer those eternal questions of life: where do we come from, where are we going, etc.). I personally believe in certain things, but in the end, the only thing that really matters is how we live our lives, how we behave with the less unfortunate people, etc. Who REALLY knows what will happen next? Honestly, if I were atheist, I'd listen to Epicurus when he says that we should not be disturbed by the anticipation of death because when we're dead, we're dead and we don't know it -- so why stress ourselves about something we will not even notice? Of course, the problem is the pain, the agony before we actually die, or even the idea of abandoning our loved ones (what will they do without us?)...

I absolutely agree--the only thing that matters is how we live our lives. Exactly as I said above, as long as it is in tune with the divine mind, all will be well. Whether we discover that by trial and error, suffering, laborious learning, or sheer intuition. Mother Theresa does not need to contemplate the philosophy of love, beauty, or healing--she is a living example of those principles.

Jujulia wrote:Anyway, I know what Jerry means. When we're are suffering, we don't care about an hypothetical paradise or an hypothetical reincarnation, nor we care about Iran having a nuclear weapon or Obama winning or losing the election; we only care about our condition, our chronic pain, it is the center of our universe and nothing else matters, because without the health, everything else has zero importance.

Here I disagree. When we're suffering, the principles of cause and effect are the most obvious. Our caring does not matter, just as our caring about gravity does not have any bearing on its effect. We need to protect our children from falling out of open windows, until they learn the principles for themselves.

Jujulia wrote:The truth is that we would not need to hold a debate about the relevance of euthanasia if we could at least alleviate people's chronic pain.

Here I disagree again. In this situation there are only two possible outcomes in the physical realm, yet motivated by a minimum of four possible views of reality. I leave it to you to enumerate them for yourself. I only suggest that the aftermath might depend not on the choice, but the motivation. And if I believe in materialism, all I can say is please hand me the gun. :wink:

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
User avatar
wjjw
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: September 24th, 2005, 2:39 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby jerry2 on March 13th, 2012, 9:30 am

I am now reading a book from Louise L. Hay.

From your comments, I have only one question... So the mind is so powerfull it creates reallity? That goes hand in hand with the people who said to me during last 10 years (I had cancer fears for more than 10 years yes): Don't think about cancer, you will get it!

Well, I had cancer fears! I can not tell you now, maybe it is in this moment growing somewhere inside me, but the fact is from that fears (MIND), I didn't get it then. The belief I had it didn't turn into cancer (lucky for me!).

As I read this forum, many people (like me) struglle with ALS fear for long. They don't turn into ALS patient (lucky for me and them).

It seems that the thought itself is in fact not powerfull enough to actually produce this kind of diseases. The next question is then: How can it cure them then? Saying that, I have no proof I have anysthing other that psychosomatic think to this very day and if this will prove correct I can in fact save myself as my body is not so sick. It was more of a theoretical question for the ones who have proof they are dying sick and the first question was about... all my 10 years of cancer fears, now ALS fears... How it is I am still alive then, because according to what I understand that you wrote (maybe I understood wrong, English is in fact not my language) that the energy of thought is so powerfull... why I don't have (visible) cancer as of yet then or ALS (I've spent so much time studying it and fearing it, I was according to this teories like asking for it) :-(

I hope I am not too... I don't know what, but I really would like to know, because it seems theory like this contradict itself. Ok, maybe I dided in previous life of cancer so I got cancer fear in the first place but... ;-&
jerry2
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 928
Joined: October 4th, 2011, 2:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby Jujulia on March 13th, 2012, 10:09 am

Humm, am I hallucinating or you erased the part about the worm and the tequila bottle lol? Too bad, I thought it was funny, but in the meantime I understand that you don't want to influence your destiny :wink:

About euthanasia... don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. But let's be honest, it's always easier to talk about these things when one is not directly concerned...

Ok guys, that was an interesting conversation. Thank you Bill and SecretAgentMan for sharing all your precious knowledge with us poor lost sheep. :D I'm sure other people will appreciate it too.

Cheers,

J.
Jujulia
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 314
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 9:31 am

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby wjjw on March 13th, 2012, 11:57 am

Jujulia wrote:Humm, am I hallucinating or you erased the part about the worm and the tequila bottle lol? Too bad, I thought it was funny, but in the meantime I understand that you don't want to influence your destiny

Haha, I removed it in my haste to delete the graphic example that I used in the euthanasia comment. I realized that people here are sensitive, and do not need any such thoughts lodged in their subconscious!

Jujulia wrote:Ok guys, that was an interesting conversation. Thank you Bill and SecretAgentMan for sharing all your precious knowledge with us poor lost sheep. :D I'm sure other people will appreciate it too.

Nah Jujulia, it's not precious knowledge--just some things to think about. What's precious is the mind that we each have that enables us to do so for ourselves. :) And poor lost sheep?!? There's no such thing. :wink:
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
User avatar
wjjw
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: September 24th, 2005, 2:39 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby wjjw on March 14th, 2012, 8:51 am

SecretAgentMan wrote:One of the tricks they talk about in turning your thought patterns around is to look at the good things in your life and feel appreciation and gratitude for them. Gratitude is one of the quickest ways to turn your emotions around. It is a very powerful emotion.

This is absolutely the best piece of advice in this entire thread. I would go ever farther, and say that gratitude is a powerful emotion that invokes the divine archetype of Gratitude, which is one of the most powerful forces.

This is not wishful thinking. Until someone has actually and earnestly tried what is suggested here (not just once, but for days, weeks and months), then you can deny the power of the mind all you want, and even cite evidence that we can't use the mind go grow back missing limbs. But that is nothing but evidence that you have missed the point. :)

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
User avatar
wjjw
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: September 24th, 2005, 2:39 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby chrissi on March 14th, 2012, 9:18 am

LOL, I have no clue about that stuff, never read the books mentioned and I am not really sure what to thing of god or reincarnation or whatever. What I know is, that our mind can do immense things, and that the way we think and feel can influence our bodies in an incredible way, it even makes structural changes in our brain. Yes, to a certain degree we can think and feel ourselves healthy. Doubts? Kids that have been brought up via attachment parenting have a 10-15% bigger hippocampous that babies that have been brought up healthy and neat but with less physical and mental contact with their parents. Prooved my MRI. The way we treat other people and ourself can influence them in a physical way. This is a fact.Not even to mention the terrible experiments that the nazis made of the correlation between mental health and pysical health....Maybe there inability to mentally heal every disease os more a limitation of our mental abilities than the limits of medicine. Maybe in 50 years weare completely able to heal ourselves with mental power. Mental power affects the immune system to a huge part, our bacsic "happyness" has incredible influence on our life expectancy ( quantity and quality).
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
User avatar
chrissi
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1538
Joined: August 10th, 2011, 2:06 am
Location: Germany

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

PreviousNext

Return to Experiences with BFS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests