Almost 1 year later - still cured

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby chrissi on March 8th, 2012, 11:59 am

That is exactly what I did and it worked. Although I knew it was not ALS and not going to kill me, I just FELT I had the power to overcome this. I focused on the positive things in my life and on becoming calm and "peaceful" and did not really focus on the twitching. And this was the first thing to calm down. But I can still feel some twitching when I am very stressed and do not do my meditation regularly,so I am still in the process to overcoming it I guess. But most happy I am that I could beat the pain stuff, which was really severe , I was on high dosages of pain killers many days, and now I am completely off and hardly feel any pain at all.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
User avatar
chrissi
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1538
Joined: August 10th, 2011, 2:06 am
Location: Germany

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby mwagner on March 8th, 2012, 3:14 pm

SAM and Chrissi-

Great advise as always. I do affirmations every day and I have changed them accordingly to not have the word "twitch" in them anymore! Instead I'm affirming that my muscles are calm and healthy.

I truly believe in this stuff. Problem is, that I get worried and scared when my mind delves into negative things and especially when I imagine negative scenarios. I am working on that.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: August 27th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 8th, 2012, 5:58 pm

That is awesome to hear Chrissi! I love hearing success stories like this. Keep up what you are doing and you will overcome the rest of it. The body has an amazing ability to heal itself, but the mind and our consciousness can hold it back from doing so. 99% of us don't even realize that we are doing so. Meditation is a great way to figure this stuff out because when you quiet the mind we open ourselves up to hearing that which we need to.

Mitra, the fears and negative thoughts that keep popping up for you are probably doing so to get your attention. When we have unresolved fears, they are a part of our energy field. If you imagine your body as a violin and your energy field as the strings your fears would essentially reside in a string that bring it 'out of tune'. You cannot simply ignore a fear, suppress it or remove it no more than you could ignore a string out of tune or remove it. That string is a part of the violin, just as your energy field is a part of you. What you need to do is process your fears and 're-tune the string' and before you know it you'll be playing beautiful music again. There is an excellent fear processing meditation that worked wonders for me at the link below if you would like to try it. She has a guided mp3 you can purchase and download or you can simply read through the written version and mentally take yourself through it, which is what I did. Its pretty simple and straight forward. I definitely felt a shift after the exercise and I repeat it regularly.

http://ascension101.com/ascension-tools ... rcise.html
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
User avatar
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby jerry2 on March 9th, 2012, 2:34 am

I do not want to contradict what you all said. I do believe if you can focus so much to meditate, it is good for you. I know it is harder to focus if every 3 seconds your muscle do *tick* *tick*... Anyway, about consciousness, another life, higher state of being after death... Yes, I do not know what happens and what is possible. It is for sure good to have open mind if you are terminally ill for example, it makes things easier for you. So I don't argue about universe, matter and mind. But I do know one thing. If you die, you never come back in this form again. You do not enjoy your family any more, your kind, reading, running, playing. Ok, maybe in some other state of mind, but the second part is undoubtely the truth: If I die today, my wife looses a husband, my son looses a father, my parents looses their son etc. No matter into what my consciusness is transformed for me, it is good for me, but I left my close ones in sadness because we'll never be the family again l?ike we used to.

I don't want to argue, I just stated what I think maybe you don't like to hear, but it also happens.

About the living ones... my therapist also things we don't know nothing and that almost anything is possible on the subatomic level. Beliefs are so powerfull they make miracles, he tell me. Call me a sceptic, and I am one and I don't believe in miracles. You can heal a psychosomatic wound, get your helt better with many technics, no doubt about it. But take for example my "favourite" three letters: If the mind can be so powerfull to heal and change anything, why is there NOBODY on this world with ALS (I understand not anybody can achieve their mind power) who cured himself, stopped the disease? No matter how strong they are they die. And it is a good example that mind can not allways change the matter. Yes, I understand if cancer has eaten your whole body your mind can not heal it no more, you are "beyond repair". But one has ALS, his hand is weak, that's it. His body is still mostly "intact". Surely among 50.000 patients on the world every year, there should be at least few who managed to stop the thing rom spreading any paralysing the body? Why is there no "miracle" of any kind with ALS patients if mind can do anything as my therapeut told me. I guess the patients are highly motivated to try everything they can...

I fear you can not do everything with your mind, and some things are just phisical in nature. If I poison myself to death I will die, it is a chemistry fact.

Above all that said from me, I do believe the power of mind, I have witnessed how much damage did fear to my function of the body in the last years, not counting this BFS/pain crap now (nobody knows what it is), but I've had colon/stomach problems that were 90% driven by the fear itself. And I am trying some classes next week of meditation, yoga and relaxation. I do believe it could help me if I let it. I just don't believe the everyone can do anything with it's mind theories.
jerry2
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 928
Joined: October 4th, 2011, 2:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby wjjw on March 9th, 2012, 10:20 am

Excellent post Jerry. I don't view it as arguing--it's by following this thought process that we can converge on the truth. Nothing you've said contradicts what SAM said, you're just looking at different aspects. I've given this a lot of thought myself, and have comments below. This discussion is appropriate here, as people often come here in a mental state contemplating not only death, but a horrible one at that.

jerry2 wrote:I do not want to contradict what you all said. I do believe if you can focus so much to meditate, it is good for you. I know it is harder to focus if every 3 seconds your muscle do *tick* *tick*... Anyway, about consciousness, another life, higher state of being after death... Yes, I do not know what happens and what is possible. It is for sure good to have open mind if you are terminally ill for example, it makes things easier for you. So I don't argue about universe, matter and mind.

I'm really glad you include mind in the equation. This is a huge leap, and by no means a simple one to make. It is the most fundamental aspect of reality that one must consider before any discussions or debates between theism, atheism, etc., can even take place. If anyone doubts the difficulty in concluding this, watch some of the Skeptiko podcasts at the link I posted, or some Youtube debates between people like William Lane Craig and Richard Dawkins, author of "The God Delusion."

jerry2 wrote:But I do know one thing. If you die, you never come back in this form again.

Very true. But be specific--exactly which form do you mean? Your form is ALWAYS changing. You were a baby, a child, a teen, and now an adult. One day, you may be an old man with frail physical health. Which form is YOU? You are the sum total of all that experience, plus that of all your previous lives, whether consciously remembered or not. I accept that reincarnation is a fact, based on my own intuition, personal experiences, and scientific evidence. Believe me, this is not a concept that I wanted to believe, or how I would have wished things to be. I like being me, in my current form, and when I die I'd like nothing better than to transition into an eternal paradise while waiting for my friends and family to join me. But I just don't think that's the way the universe works, and gradually I came to appreciate the quote in my signature line--that the guiding Force is the "manifestations of the profoundest reason and radiant beauty." That is an awesome statement, and I repeat it to myself frequently. That Force must have created a better reality than I could possibly imagine. And In that, I have faith. :)

jerry2 wrote:You do not enjoy your family any more, your kind, reading, running, playing. Ok, maybe in some other state of mind, but the second part is undoubtely the truth: If I die today, my wife looses a husband, my son looses a father, my parents looses their son etc. No matter into what my consciusness is transformed for me, it is good for me, but I left my close ones in sadness because we'll never be the family again l?ike we used to.

It's always difficult to physically lose someone, and especially unthinkable is a parent losing a child. What makes it harder is the cultural bias, fear, uncertainty, and superstition that surrounds death. One of my Internet friends, Mark Ireland, wrote a book called "Soul Shift: Finding Where the Dead Go," after the agonizing death of his youngest son. I was involved with one of the medium experiments. From first hand experience, I can say that they are not "lost." Gary Shwartz also researched this in The AfterLife Experiments. As hard as it may be, the best thing we can try to do when a person we love has died is attune not to our own sadness, but to their joy. We also don't need mediums to commune with departed loved ones--anyone can develop sufficient psychic ability to detect their presence. It can't replace their physical form, but it does not mean they are completely gone from our lives.

jerry2 wrote:About the living ones... my therapist also things we don't know nothing and that almost anything is possible on the subatomic level. Beliefs are so powerfull they make miracles, he tell me. Call me a sceptic, and I am one and I don't believe in miracles. You can heal a psychosomatic wound, get your helt better with many technics, no doubt about it. But take for example my "favourite" three letters: If the mind can be so powerfull to heal and change anything, why is there NOBODY on this world with ALS (I understand not anybody can achieve their mind power) who cured himself, stopped the disease? No matter how strong they are they die. And it is a good example that mind can not allways change the matter. Yes, I understand if cancer has eaten your whole body your mind can not heal it no more, you are "beyond repair". But one has ALS, his hand is weak, that's it. His body is still mostly "intact". Surely among 50.000 patients on the world every year, there should be at least few who managed to stop the thing rom spreading any paralysing the body? Why is there no "miracle" of any kind with ALS patients if mind can do anything as my therapeut told me. I guess the patients are highly motivated to try everything they can…

If by miracles, you mean a divine intervention or suspension of natural laws, I agree with you. I believe that any healing force must operate in accordance with physical and non-physical laws, and that indeed some situations are "beyond repair." But we can easily witness all kinds of atrocities in the world, including our favorite three letter word, and jump to the conclusion that there is no meaning in life, and horrible circumstances are just due to blind chance in an uncaring universe. I personally believe in only cause and effect, beyond what we can see. This is too long of a topic to discuss here, but the best short summary I've ever read is this, by Alexander Pope:

"Know thy own point: this kind, this due degree
Of blindness, weakness, Heaven bestows on thee.
Submit.  In this, or any other sphere,
Secure to be as blest as thou canst bear:
Safe in the hand of one disposing Power,
Or in the natal, or the mortal hour.
All nature is but art, unknown to thee;
All chance, direction, which thou canst not see;
All discord, harmony not understood;
All partial evil, universal good:
And, spite of pride in erring reason’s spite,
One truth is clear, whatever is, is right."


Regarding healing, I do believe that just as some people have developed the ability to heal, to a degree. The ability to do it at the level you suggest above is very, very rare. Perhaps as rare as the number of ALS cases that have spontaneously arrested (it has been documented). But on a smaller level, healing energy has been actually measured and documented years ago by chemist Robert Miller in experiments with healers Olga and Ambrose Worrall:

http://archived.parapsych.org/biopk_plants.htm

And I did personally witnessed an incredible healing of my mother years ago, after three doctors told us she would not live. I've posted about that before.

jerry2 wrote:I fear you can not do everything with your mind, and some things are just phisical in nature. If I poison myself to death I will die, it is a chemistry fact.

I would rephrase this as--everything, physical and non-physical, follows Natural Laws. If you poison yourself, your physical body will die and you'll find yourself, as many people who have had NDEs have found, fully functional, with your emotional and mental bodies intact. That does not diminish the importance of the power of the mind--it increases is!

jerry2 wrote:Above all that said from me, I do believe the power of mind, I have witnessed how much damage did fear to my function of the body in the last years, not counting this BFS/pain crap now (nobody knows what it is), but I've had colon/stomach problems that were 90% driven by the fear itself. And I am trying some classes next week of meditation, yoga and relaxation. I do believe it could help me if I let it.

Excellent move Jerry, good luck with it, and enjoy it. :)

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
User avatar
wjjw
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: September 24th, 2005, 2:39 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby Jujulia on March 9th, 2012, 10:54 am

Very interesting post Bill...

And I did personally witnessed an incredible healing of my mother years ago, after three doctors told us she would not live. I've posted about that before.

Do you remember around what time you posted it? I'd be glad to read it.

About people healing miraculously from ALS, you can read this: http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2009/08/ ... 251164127/

Oh... I forgot to mention... she is catholic :D
Jujulia
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 314
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 9:31 am

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby wjjw on March 9th, 2012, 11:26 am

Jujulia wrote:
And I did personally witnessed an incredible healing of my mother years ago, after three doctors told us she would not live. I've posted about that before.

Do you remember around what time you posted it? I'd be glad to read it.

Jujulia, I don't remember when I posted it, but years ago my mother went into the hospital after having pneumonia like symptoms, and ended up on a respirator. When they removed it, she could not breath without the oxygen mask, and could barely talk. Her doctor, the cardiologist, and pulmonary doctor told us she had end stage cardiomyopathy, and would most likely not survive very long. They seemed confident about this, and advised us to bring my father in to say goodbye, and we did so. When I left the hospital that night, I wasn't sure she would be alive the next morning. I asked a healer who was hundreds of miles away to see if he could help. He told me that he would "embrace her with healing energies," but honestly I was not anticipating anything, and didn't tell my father or brothers. The next day when I got to the hospital, she was sitting up, talking, and breathing without the mask. The doctors were surprised but still very guarded and confident about their diagnosis. She ended up going into rehab and being discharged a couple of weeks later. I took her for a cardio workup sometime later, and the report said there were no cardiac abnormalities. WTF!? She lived about 5 years after that, and died at 84.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
User avatar
wjjw
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: September 24th, 2005, 2:39 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 9th, 2012, 1:34 pm

Excellent posts guys. I agree with wjjw that you, jerry2, are not arguing or contradicting but considering different aspects.

I will say that I too believe based on my own experiences and beliefs in reincarnation. I agree 100% that I like the current version of me and almost feel sadness for all the previous lives that I've lived and shaped me into who I am now, but are currently lost except for little flashes of memories, or more feelings, during meditations. I don't like the thought that someday I will lose my current life's experience and memories in the same fashion. I do however believe that our consciousness continues to evolve and grow based on who we choose to be and chose to have been. I think once we reach certain levels of awareness our natural psychic abilities get easier and easier to use. Perhaps one day I'll be able to recall distant life memories as easily as I can recall last year's birthday.

At any rate during this life right now, what is important is where we go from here. Experiments in quantum physics are showing more and more that our consciousness is much more responsible for the reality we live than most of us give it credit for. The very nature of the 3 dimensional physical universe is actually looking more and more like an illusion. Experiments in quantum entanglement show that physical particles separated by great distances are actually linked together. Further experiments involving human brain waves show that people geographically separate share a similar link.

An experiment was done where two people meditated together and their brain waves were monitored. They both went into the alpha state (beta is normal awake state). The brain waves matched up and synchronized. They were then separated and put into different rooms that were sound proof, light proof, etc. Brain waves were continued to be monitored. One person was subjected to a strobe light flash that is known to produce a certain brain wave. The other individual was not subjected to this strobe light, but their brain wave matched the other's at the exact same time. We appear separate but we are not. Objects appear separate but they are not.

I believe that our true selves (or soul) is actually conscious energy. When people have near death experiences and they leave their bodies for a short time, this moving of energy out and back into the body is the experience they describe. I also believe that not all of who we are and what we know, comes into this world with us when we are born. This is why people who have these out of body experiences bring back with them a little more knowing about this than what they had before. They pierce the 'veil' and thus have a little bit easier access to their 'higher self' as you can call it.

I think that this 'higher self' has a plan as to what it wanted to learn and experience in each lifetime. I also believe that although most of us live our lives in the dark as to how things work, nothing happens to us without our agreement because we have free will. When we die it is actually of our own choosing, even though we are consciously not aware of it. This was a little bit of a hard thing for me to accept at first but after meditation on the subject I fully believe it is true. I actually think the whole reason I became sick with BFS was my higher self’s way of kicking me in the butt to wake up.

I believe the physical universe has laws that it operates under but I think that most of these can be transcended with an appropriate level of consciousness. Since we are talking miracles here, I believe that Jesus was actually an ascended being who came into this world without the veil and had full knowledge of how things work and how to manipulate physical reality with his intentions. Intent is everything. Energy is everything.

You might consciously think to yourself, ‘well shoot, I don’t agree to having BFS anymore.’ Before you get well though you must first address the energy and intent (conscious and subconscious) that got you into BFS in the first place. You are where you are for a reason. Where you are is only a temporary indicator though. Meditation is the best way to quiet your mind and to actually hear what your higher self is trying to tell you. Then allow what comes. Fears and other negative emotions hold you back. This is another reason why stress, anxiety, fear and worries all contribute to a flare up of BFS symptoms. The twitches are your indicator that you are disallowing yourself from being who you truly are. Disease is the culmination and manifestation of chronic negative energy. It is entirely up to you where you go from here, whether you decide to continue to consciously accept BFS as your reality or if you consciously decide that you are going to take your life in a new direction. It will take time but nothing is permanent including the dreaded three letters.

Again, these are my beliefs, but they are my beliefs because they have been validated for me in my experience. That is the beautiful thing about life in this universe. No matter what you believe, as the author of your own life experience, you will find validation if you give it enough energy and attention. It is your expression of free will as a co-creator. If this message does not resonate with yout then that is fine. We are all at different points on our path. If this message does then great. Set your intentions on getting answers and getting yourself out of the BFS hole you’re in. Give it enough energy and attention and the universe will have no choice but to respond. Just remember to never think in the negative, only in positives (see my last post).
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
User avatar
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby Jujulia on March 9th, 2012, 1:40 pm

wjjw wrote:
Jujulia wrote:
And I did personally witnessed an incredible healing of my mother years ago, after three doctors told us she would not live. I've posted about that before.

Do you remember around what time you posted it? I'd be glad to read it.

Jujulia, I don't remember when I posted it, but years ago my mother went into the hospital after having pneumonia like symptoms, and ended up on a respirator. When they removed it, she could not breath without the oxygen mask, and could barely talk. Her doctor, the cardiologist, and pulmonary doctor told us she had end stage cardiomyopathy, and would most likely not survive very long. They seemed confident about this, and advised us to bring my father in to say goodbye, and we did so. When I left the hospital that night, I wasn't sure she would be alive the next morning. I asked a healer who was hundreds of miles away to see if he could help. He told me that he would "embrace her with healing energies," but honestly I was not anticipating anything, and didn't tell my father or brothers. The next day when I got to the hospital, she was sitting up, talking, and breathing without the mask. The doctors were surprised but still very guarded and confident about their diagnosis. She ended up going into rehab and being discharged a couple of weeks later. I took her for a cardio workup sometime later, and the report said there were no cardiac abnormalities. WTF!? She lived about 5 years after that, and died at 84.



That's a beautiful story Bill and also quite interesting... which brings me to my next question: what's the name of that healer? :lol:

You say you believe in reincarnation... so do you believe it's somehow possible to remember our past lives? if so, feel free to share them with us because I'm sure they are really captivating :D
Jujulia
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 314
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 9:31 am

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 9th, 2012, 2:06 pm

Jujulia wrote:That's a beautiful story Bill and also quite interesting... which brings me to my next question: what's the name of that healer? :lol:

You say you believe in reincarnation... so do you believe it's somehow possible to remember our past lives? if so, feel free to share them with us because I'm sure they are really captivating :D



It is possible to remember your past lives but it takes a great deal of mental discipline. I have only had flashes or feelings and a few brief images. The most vivid recall I had was of two past lives in particular where I did a guided meditation with a professional psychic to do a timeline healing. Because we are emotional beings we carry emotional scars with us in our energy field from one life to the next. This is why some people have phobias their whole lives but yet they cannot explain why that fear is so strong. More often than not it was tied to one of their deaths in a previous life.

Because time is not truly linear (only perceived as linear), you can mentally take your awareness to the place and time during your past life where the trauma occurred. The psychic helps you and your spirit guide provide healing energy to your physical being at that time thus mending that aspect of your energy field.
Last edited by SecretAgentMan on February 16th, 2013, 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
User avatar
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby wjjw on March 9th, 2012, 3:22 pm

JuJulia wrote:You say you believe in reincarnation... so do you believe it's somehow possible to remember our past lives? if so, feel free to share them with us because I'm sure they are really captivating

JuJulia, I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday. :lol: Most people do not consciously remember. This is the "veil of forgetting" that SAM referred to. This is obviously for good reasons. But although you don't consciously remember, you're experiences and relationships are not lost--and they contribute to your intuition, inclinations, skills, etc. and unfortunately your problems, as well as "recognition" of, or relationships to certain people.

Some people have done past-life regressions, but I would be suspect of these, because they are prone to distortion, imagination, fantasy, etc. In general, I wouldn't recommend it unless you had some unusual or relentless psychological fear or phobia that could not be related to any past experience. Some people have had success though, like the case of Capt. Robert Snow, who did a regression on a dare, and got more than he bargained for. Any spontaneous memories often occur in children, usually before age 7. It also happens to adults, sometimes triggered by a strong emotional reaction to a certain location or situation, or even in dreams, and when this occurs there's often synchronicity involved.

Sorry, I don't have any captivating memories to share. :wink: I had one very unusual experience when I was 4, and some synchronicities involving a few people that in retrospect make sense considering reincarnation, but I never even considered this a possibility until my late 30's. Being around several psychics, I was also given information (that I did not ask for!) by 2 different people that was identical. Although I obviously can't be sure, I tend to think it was accurate because it was provided anonymously and independently from 2 sources, and more importantly it would very much fit in he context of my current life.

I will share this description, because I think it sums it up well:

FROM THE BOOK OF THE YOGI-ASTROLOGER RAM-CHITTRA GUNGA SINGH

"And when I say you have lived thousands of lives in this world, you answer, How then can I not remember some of them? To which I say, Take pen and paper; write down all that you remember of your doings, day by day in this present life; can you recall a tenth part, or a hundredth? Nay. Then how shall you recall former lives? But you answer, I have a diary; and I can read that and remember.

You have a better diary, wherein is written all your history; and not of this life only, but of all your lives. It is you yourself. And I, who know a little of that language, read, in that book that you are, a few humiliating reasons why you cannot read it." -–From Black Light, by Talbot Mundy
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
User avatar
wjjw
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: September 24th, 2005, 2:39 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby wjjw on March 10th, 2012, 11:18 am

Here are some videos from a United Nations Symposium on the mind that challenge materialism. The first one is especially good, a 15 minute video of Dr. Bruce Geyson:

United Nations Symposium on Mind, Brain and Consciousness
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
User avatar
wjjw
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: September 24th, 2005, 2:39 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 11th, 2012, 8:42 am

wjjw wrote:Here are some videos from a United Nations Symposium on the mind that challenge materialism. The first one is especially good, a 15 minute video of Dr. Bruce Geyson:

United Nations Symposium on Mind, Brain and Consciousness


Fascinating videos. I'm impressed this came from the UN. They just went up a notch in my book, which puts them at 'notch 1'. :) I especially liked the first video with Dr. Bruce Greyson that you recommended. I also liked that Dr. Esther Sternberg talked about the social acceptance that stress can make you physically sick.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
User avatar
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby Jujulia on March 11th, 2012, 2:11 pm

Thanks for the link Bill. I just watched the first video and I'm certainly going to take a look at the others too. All that stuff is pretty fascinating. There's also a guy named Sam Parnia who studies these things (near death experience), maybe you know him? http://www.time.com/time/health/article ... 27,00.html

However, Bill, when you say:

From first hand experience, I can say that they are not "lost." Gary Shwartz also researched this in The AfterLife Experiments. As hard as it may be, the best thing we can try to do when a person we love has died is attune not to our own sadness, but to their joy. We also don't need mediums to commune with departed loved ones--anyone can develop sufficient psychic ability to detect their presence. It can't replace their physical form, but it does not mean they are completely gone from our lives.


If what you say is true and reincarnation is a fact, how are we supposed to detect their presence (dead people) if they are somehow in the "process of being reincarnated"? Don't you think it's a little bit contradictory? :)
Last edited by Jujulia on March 13th, 2012, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jujulia
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 314
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 9:31 am

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby wjjw on March 11th, 2012, 7:23 pm

Jujulia wrote:Thanks for the link Bill. I just watched the first video and I'm certainly going to take a look at the others too. All that stuff is pretty fascinating. There's also a guy named Sam Parnia who studies these things (near dead experience), maybe you know him? http://www.time.com/time/health/article ... 27,00.html

Thanks for the link Jujulia. I've not heard of him, but have heard of the AWARE project. I have not looked in detail at NDE research for quite some time. Skeptics often quote Susan Blackmore who I believe wrote a book on the topic, claiming it was all due to brain activity ("Dying to Live," or something like that). However, in a recent Skeptiko interviewed she admitted she has not looked at any of the more recent data. Alex Tsakiris, the host, seems to think it's pretty solid.

Jujulia wrote:However, Bill, when you say:
From first hand experience, I can say that they are not "lost." Gary Shwartz also researched this in The AfterLife Experiments. As hard as it may be, the best thing we can try to do when a person we love has died is attune not to our own sadness, but to their joy. We also don't need mediums to commune with departed loved ones--anyone can develop sufficient psychic ability to detect their presence. It can't replace their physical form, but it does not mean they are completely gone from our lives.

If what you say is true and reincarnation is a fact, how are we supposed to detect their presence (dead people) if they are somehow in the "process of being reincarnated"? Don't you think it's a little bit contradictory? :)

Yes, I had a hard time with that concept as well. In addition to reading what I could on the the subject, I've posed the same question to a number of different people, including researchers, scientists, psychics, and people who have studied esoteric theories. It took me a long time to formulate even a rather vague understanding myself. I was going to attempt a more detailed description, but then realized I just lost an hour of my day due to daylight savings. So, I'll just give you a few things to consider. :)

The first thing to keep in mind is that the physical universe that we observe exists in 3D space-time. Quantum physics, relativity, and string theory introduce a lot of foreign concepts, including time relativity and other possible dimensions. It's possible that the surviving consciousness is in a dimension that is completely outside of our 3D space-time. This is touched on in poetic ways by many spiritual descriptions as eternal and timelessness. Very difficult for our concrete minds to consider.

The next thing to consider is what exactly survives. Many religions and esoteric theories describe the inner essence of each person by a different name: the soul, the higher self, pure consciousness, the ego, etc. I'm now vectoring off into things like Theosophy and other ancient traditions, rather than science, but hey--they described this stuff way before quantum physics and string theory was invented. They divide reality into spirit (consciousness) and matter (form). To them, matter is not only physical matter, which is essentially energy anyway, but also astral (emotional) and mental (pure thought). The incarnating soul is said to imbue itself (focus consciousness) into matter, to enlighten it, or raise it's vibrational level. This is referred to in the bible as "the Light shining into the darkness that does not comprehend it." They differentiate between the personality, which includes physical, astral, and mental bodies, and the soul. It is said that at physical death, our consciousness changes focus to the astral and mental realm--in "bodies" that are just as real as the physical body is to us. It is the astral and mental bodies that OBE and NDE experiencers find themselves in during these states. It is said that after death, one may stay in these dimensions for anywhere from months to hundreds of years--just as we see people on the physical plane living lives varying from seconds to over a hundred years. Eventually, prior to reincarnating, the soul is said to shed its astral and mental bodies, before assuming new ones. This is referred to as "the second death." At birth, there are sometimes traces of "memories" in the form of scars corresponding to a traumatic death. Ian Stevenson published three volumes of "Reincarnation and Biology: A Contribution to the Etiology of Birthmarks and Birth Defects."

So, what is it that is doing the communicating? The surviving personality's astral and mental form or the soul itself? Or is it irrelevant, since time as we know it does not exist in those dimensions anyway? I have no idea, but it has been observed to occur. We should not have a problem with this--we use the concepts of quantum physics in industry every day, without fully understanding them. I always feel light years away from really understanding any of this. Thank god for reincarnation, huh? :wink:

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
User avatar
wjjw
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: September 24th, 2005, 2:39 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

PreviousNext

Return to Experiences with BFS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests