Almost 1 year later - still cured

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby RunningBear on September 22nd, 2011, 9:11 pm

SAM, Nothing to do with this post, but I am impressed with your knowledge or awareness of remote viewing and Ingo Swann.
User avatar
RunningBear
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 349
Joined: April 12th, 2010, 2:53 pm
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby kstoruk on September 23rd, 2011, 4:05 am

Ok SAM,

You convinced me, what do i have to do to get cured of this, can you give me some advice to go to some particular practitioner? Or are all the good homeo/chiro/cold reading/remote viewing doctors in the USA?
I suppose if i go to one and i don't get any results the doctor was not good? Did you use any diet, supplements? I just want to try it to draw my conclusion based on my experience, although i tried homeopathy and never got any results.
User avatar
kstoruk
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 321
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 5:50 am

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby wjjw on February 16th, 2012, 2:40 pm

Someone on the BFS chat site just mentioned this thread, which prompted me to look it up. I said that I thought I had an imbalance in my etheric body, which was why 6 months of daily qigong caused a remission of symptoms. I was kind of kidding, but not completely. They said they didn't know they had an etheric body, and that attitude is not uncommon, as scientific knowledge in this area is lagging. Yet, that has not prevented people, even thousands of years ago, from discovering it. It appears to be just one of many: physical, etheric, astral (emotional) and mental. For a quick one page summary, this one isn't too bad:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/cienc ... natomy.htm

SecretAgentMan wrote:To anyone else who has their interest perked in the possibility that there is science that exists that explains many of the mysteries that conventional models struggle with, Here is an example for you to research on your own demonstrating the very same link between our subconscious mind and this higher dimension. Look into the term 'remote viewing.' This is a link with a short synopsis, but the internet is full of information (and disinformation). http://paranormal.about.com/od/remotevi ... iewing.htm

The short story is that back during the cold war, US intelligence learned that the USSR was utilizing psychics to gather intelligence …

The official name was the Stargate project. Having done 10 years of parapsychology research, I'm quite familiar with it. Not satisfied with analysis and meta-analysis of statistical ganzfeld results, I was somewhat on the fence. However, there is nothing like personally experiencing something for yourself. In 2004, I conducted a series of informal experiments, not following the formal remote viewing protocol. An individual living 500 miles away, who I had never met and only communicated with via email, would attempt to "remote view" (a form of clairvoyance) objects in my home. Here is a sample, showing his description and sketch of a decorative orb that my wife had on our dining room table:

Dining room orb

There are no widely accepted scientific theories (yet) accounting for this phenomena, but that obviously does not prevent it from occurring. :) The contribution that science has made to humanity is amazing. What is even more amazing is the mind (not the just the human brain) behind those achievements, and also the fact that we are literally scratching the surface of the multidimensional universe that we live in!

SecretAgentMan wrote:The rabbit hole goes deep, and I assure you this stuff is real.

Yes, it does. This quote always reminds me of that:

"A little learning is a dangerous thing;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring;
There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely sobers us again."—Alexander Pope


Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
User avatar
wjjw
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: September 24th, 2005, 2:39 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby SecretAgentMan on February 16th, 2012, 7:37 pm

Sorry, I don't come back to the BFS forum very often anymore but a friend tipped me off that there were some comments in one of my old threads so here I am...

wjjw, I'm glad to hear that you've had some personal experiences in the 'spooky' areas of science that get glazed over or ignored by the mainstream. I find them fascinating. Ever since my experience with alternative medicine practitioners that could use bio-feedback techniques that had me in awe at how they worked, I started a quest that lead me down a path in researching the metaphysical and correlating the explanations of how they work back to quantum physics. It is true that the only difference between science and magic is the passage of time. It does make one wonder how in ancient times people seemed to have a pretty good handle on certain aspects of our humanity that have since been lost and are now ridiculed or shunned from the mainstream.

The ability to 'remote view' is not a special gift that only a few have, it is built in and hardwired into each of us. The third eye (mind's eye) is medically referred to as the pineal gland and it is located in the center of the brain directly behind the center of your forehead just above the eyes. It looks like a pine cone and thus it is often symbolized or depicted as such. When you go back and look at all of the ancient cultures and religions of the world you often see pine cones in their symbology. The Vatican has an entire shrine dedicated to this gland, as a pine cone. This short youtube video shows it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mJdxqeKobw

What does all this mean? It seems the founders of the worlds religions understood the importance of our ability to 'up link' and perceive the world/universe beyond our physical bodies and the artificial limitations we impose on ourselves.

What does all this have to do with BFS and getting better? Well, it means that your thoughts mean more to your well being and the life experience that unfolds before your eyes than you have ever given them credit for. There is an aspect to the universe that has largely gone unnoticed by most of us for most of our lives. That aspect is referred to as the Law of Attraction in literature, videos and websites today. You could write a book on the Law of Attraction (LOA) and in fact many have. 'The Secret' came out in 2006 or 2007. The Esther and Jerry Hicks series precedes that. Understanding the LOA is a big step in the right direction towards getting over BFS. I unfortunately had to learn about it the hard way. Knowing about it sooner would have probably shortened my recovery time. Had I known about it in 2006 or 2007 I probably wouldn't have gotten sick in the first place. Then again, had somebody told me about it back then I probably would have never believed in it in the fist place.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
User avatar
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby SecretAgentMan on February 16th, 2012, 7:44 pm

kstoruk wrote:Ok SAM,

You convinced me, what do i have to do to get cured of this, can you give me some advice to go to some particular practitioner? Or are all the good homeo/chiro/cold reading/remote viewing doctors in the USA?
I suppose if i go to one and i don't get any results the doctor was not good? Did you use any diet, supplements? I just want to try it to draw my conclusion based on my experience, although i tried homeopathy and never got any results.


Kstoruk,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I don't typically come back to the forum since I've moved on with my life. If you're serious about finding an alternative medicine doctor, set the intention in doing so with an open mind. Through the Law of Attraction (mentioned in the post above), if you go in to this with the expectation of finding a 'quack' you will more than likely find one. Intention means everything. The docs who tend to use bio-feedback to treat auto-immune disorders tend to be licensed as chiropractors or acupuncturists. You can go homeopathic or holistic. I've been the most happy with my holistic chiropractor that I have now. Set your intention on finding the truth and getting answers and maintain your focus on that. By focusing on the lack of health and focusing on the symptoms that you don't want, you are only maintaining that state.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
User avatar
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby wjjw on February 18th, 2012, 8:59 am

SecretAgentMan wrote:What does all this mean? It seems the founders of the worlds religions understood the importance of our ability to 'up link' and perceive the world/universe beyond our physical bodies and the artificial limitations we impose on ourselves.

What does all this have to do with BFS and getting better? Well, it means that your thoughts mean more to your well being and the life experience that unfolds before your eyes than you have ever given them credit for. There is an aspect to the universe that has largely gone unnoticed by most of us for most of our lives. That aspect is referred to as the Law of Attraction in literature, videos and websites today. You could write a book on the Law of Attraction (LOA) and in fact many have. 'The Secret' came out in 2006 or 2007. The Esther and Jerry Hicks series precedes that. Understanding the LOA is a big step in the right direction towards getting over BFS. I unfortunately had to learn about it the hard way. Knowing about it sooner would have probably shortened my recovery time. Had I known about it in 2006 or 2007 I probably wouldn't have gotten sick in the first place. Then again, had somebody told me about it back then I probably would have never believed in it in the fist place.

They developed both an "up link" and a "down link," and knew how to use both to transform themselves, and heal others. I'm sure the astral and mental body of a Buddha or Jesus was vastly more developed than that of the average person, with minds radiating wisdom, and emotions radiating love and goodwill, instead of fear, anger, hatred, or any other negative emotion or thought.

The limitations are not artificial--think of how much work it takes to be in top physical condition, now apply the same to your mind and emotions! Not an easy thing. Fortunately, there are there other laws, such as the law of cause and effect, and the law of rebirth. You may hear popular versions of "The Secret" discussed on Oprah, but you won't hear discussions of the other laws. Most people don't seem to want to go there just yet. You won't see anyone from University of Virginia DOPS being interviewed on "The View" for example. :lol: This is unfortunate, because the popular versions of the truth are the easiest for skeptics to cast doubt on, and stir up confusion over.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
User avatar
wjjw
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: September 24th, 2005, 2:39 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby SecretAgentMan on February 18th, 2012, 10:20 am

wjjw wrote:They developed both an "up link" and a "down link," and knew how to use both to transform themselves, and heal others. I'm sure the astral and mental body of a Buddha or Jesus was vastly more developed than that of the average person, with minds radiating wisdom, and emotions radiating love and goodwill, instead of fear, anger, hatred, or any other negative emotion or thought.

The limitations are not artificial--think of how much work it takes to be in top physical condition, now apply the same to your mind and emotions! Not an easy thing. Fortunately, there are there other laws, such as the law of cause and effect, and the law of rebirth. You may hear popular versions of "The Secret" discussed on Oprah, but you won't hear discussions of the other laws. Most people don't seem to want to go there just yet. You won't see anyone from University of Virginia DOPS being interviewed on "The View" for example. :lol: This is unfortunate, because the popular versions of the truth are the easiest for skeptics to cast doubt on, and stir up confusion over.


I think you and I see things very similarly. I didn't start meditating until this past summer, and it was very tough at first. My mind kept wandering and I found it very hard to focus. I've still got hurdles to overcome but I can tell I've made significant progress in the short amount of time I've been studying the new aspects of life that I have been recently opened up to. As sad as it seems, it took coming down with BFS to raise my awareness and shift my views. It was a blessing in disguise.

I do have to say though that the very fact that 'The Secret' was discussed on Oprah was a big part of the reason I wrote it off and judged the book by its cover, so to speak. It wasn't until I experienced positive results with alternative medicine bio-feedback that I began to really look at the power of our mind, our consciousness, and our intentions. What I learned from there blew me away and forever changed my perspective. You are right though about the ease at which skeptics dismiss all of this. I know first hand because for a long, long time I was one of them. It took a dramatic life changing event and a leap of faith to shake me out of that perspective into one with an open mind.

Have you ever listened to the Esther and Jerry Hicks material on the Law of Attraction? I found it much more helpful than 'The Secret', but then again, had I not been exposed to this new mind-set it may have been too much for me at first.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
User avatar
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby wjjw on February 20th, 2012, 3:55 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:What I learned from there blew me away and forever changed my perspective. You are right though about the ease at which skeptics dismiss all of this. I know first hand because for a long, long time I was one of them.

Dismissing something that you haven't bothered to thoroughly investigate is one thing. But there are many skeptic groups, like the CSICOP, who are highly organized, and make it their mission to save the rest of humanity from "weird beliefs." They're extremely skilled at making themselves sound like the voice of rational thought, and hiding behind a false sense of scientific authority. Their stated mission of saving our children from "irrational beliefs" is actually an agenda of promulgating their own reductionist materialistic view. And to make matters worse, and also make it easy for them to do so, is the fact that the paranormal is often mixed with fraud, self deception, and a nature which makes it quite elusive. It's even misunderstood by some parapsychologists who make careers studying it.

Regardless, I'm sure that science will ultimately prove things like survival of consciousness beyond death. Even hard-core media skeptic and CSICOP fellow Richard Wiseman recently admitted that remote viewing has been "proven" by the "standards of any other science," although he says that's not enough for "outlandish" claims.

As people start intelligently examining the deeper aspects of consciousness, the truth will make itself known. As you accurately noted, some people in ancient times had an amazing grasp on consciousness, more than we have today despite the advances in neuroscience and quantum physics. They were aware of the holographic nature of things--"as above, so below." A while back, skeptic Michael Shermer attempted to debunk a Vedic astrologer who was skilled at the intelligent use of this principle. He probably thought it would be easy to dismiss this as superstitious nonsense, and make him look like an idiot. To his surprise, this was not the case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6k7xa1NrCc
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
User avatar
wjjw
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: September 24th, 2005, 2:39 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby mwagner on February 21st, 2012, 10:52 am

Can I just say that I love this conversation? The two of you really know the realms of parapsychology in such depth. This is fascinating to read.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: August 27th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby SecretAgentMan on February 21st, 2012, 10:16 pm

Thanks Mitra! And thank you wjjw, I really enjoyed the short video you posted. The astrology relationships are everywhere if you really look hard. I read a book called 'Fingerprints of the Gods' about how important astrology was in the alignment of ancient structures such as the pyramids. The fact that the axis of the earth shifts only one degree every 72 years and makes a full cycle every 25,920 years is acknowledged in their works as well. There was far too much going on than has ever been acknowledged by the main stream today.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
User avatar
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby ImOK on February 22nd, 2012, 8:44 pm

This is why I come back every once in a while to the forum - different perspectives, whether you agree with them or not, allow you to explore. And exploring, allows you to grow.

I have, so many times tried to get people here to try meditation as it was one of the few things that actually helped me when I was most plagued by symptoms. What does it hurt to try? but it seems most people don't want to even consider it. I posted links to guided meditations as there are institutes that are continually investigating how it helps people, some of them within/adjacent to major health complexes, so a lot of it is not very 'out there'.

This bout with bcfs did lead me to also read about the unconscious mind which has much overlap into the topics you, SAman and wjjw, are discussing. The odd thing about this all is that being a natural skeptic and working in science did not seem to conflict with any of the topics that some feel are 'weird' . Anybody with any science background should be able to see that we still have an incredible amount of discovery to make; whether it is pertaining to our minds, our curious existence, or physical sciences. Of course there will always be bunk out there but looking for the truth in the spaces between is how we learn new things about ourselves and the world.

Yes, thanks for starting this thread :)
ImOK
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: June 4th, 2008, 9:19 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby SecretAgentMan on February 22nd, 2012, 9:53 pm

ImOK wrote:This is why I come back every once in a while to the forum - different perspectives, whether you agree with them or not, allow you to explore. And exploring, allows you to grow.

I have, so many times tried to get people here to try meditation as it was one of the few things that actually helped me when I was most plagued by symptoms. What does it hurt to try? but it seems most people don't want to even consider it. I posted links to guided meditations as there are institutes that are continually investigating how it helps people, some of them within/adjacent to major health complexes, so a lot of it is not very 'out there'.

This bout with bcfs did lead me to also read about the unconscious mind which has much overlap into the topics you, SAman and wjjw, are discussing. The odd thing about this all is that being a natural skeptic and working in science did not seem to conflict with any of the topics that some feel are 'weird' . Anybody with any science background should be able to see that we still have an incredible amount of discovery to make; whether it is pertaining to our minds, our curious existence, or physical sciences. Of course there will always be bunk out there but looking for the truth in the spaces between is how we learn new things about ourselves and the world.

Yes, thanks for starting this thread :)



Thanks ImOK. I too was resistant to meditation at first and I don't fully know why. I guess it may be because society today has trained us all into having very short attention spans and with TV, video games and the web being our main sources of entertainment it has really diminished our imaginations. I thought meditation would be boring and I did not know enough to know how it could possibly benefit me. Boy was I wrong. I agree with many things you said in your post about searching for truth in the spaces in between. It allows us to grow and expand.

I truly believe that I achieved the success I did in reversing the BFS symptoms because through the Law of Attraction I refused to accept my condition as permanent and I sought out the truth in places I had never considered looking before. It was my intention to find the truth. That simple consistent intention and relentless search lead me to where I am today and I am very grateful for that. Maybe we should organize a skype guided meditation for anyone interested in trying. I don't know. I want to help but I've learned that people will pursue this sort of stuff when they are ready and only when they are ready. Any persuasion, coaxing, chiding, daring or badgering will only push them away. My new philosophy is to put the information out there and let people's intuition, gut instinct, or guardian angels nudge them in the direction that they ultimately chose through free will. Only then will the information reach them to their core, because it will be of their own pursuit, drive or ambition.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
User avatar
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby ImOK on February 29th, 2012, 9:08 pm

Ya, you're right about that one - if someone is not ready, no amount of expounding on the benefits of meditation are going to encourage them. It is an exercise in 'being there' which takes some determination after all. Hey did you see that Peter Sellers movie "Being There"? :D it was basically about a rather limited guy who lived in the present - 'being there' allowed him to simply state things and this was mistaken for wisdom. The best part is the outtake at the end when the credits start to roll, you know, like the goof-ups they show at the end of the Jackie Chan films. Here is just the credit run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQ_ClWBeRI
It's funnier after you've seen the movie but still.....
Here is a link to some guided meditations - for those of us, who fall out of practice or just need a little help and direction to get our minds free.
http://health.ucsd.edu/specialties/psyc ... audio.aspx
ImOK
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: June 4th, 2008, 9:19 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby wjjw on March 4th, 2012, 3:49 pm

ImOK wrote:This bout with bcfs did lead me to also read about the unconscious mind which has much overlap into the topics you, SAman and wjjw, are discussing. The odd thing about this all is that being a natural skeptic and working in science did not seem to conflict with any of the topics that some feel are 'weird' . Anybody with any science background should be able to see that we still have an incredible amount of discovery to make; whether it is pertaining to our minds, our curious existence, or physical sciences. Of course there will always be bunk out there but looking for the truth in the spaces between is how we learn new things about ourselves and the world.

For anyone interested in the mind and consciousness, the Internet broadcast Skeptko, by Alex Tsakiris is excellent. You can read or listen to all interviews:

http://www.skeptiko.com/past-shows/

The person that did the remote viewing experiment with me, mentioned above, was Dr. Craig Hogan, who was also interviewed on the show:

http://www.skeptiko.com/80-craig-hogan- ... not-brain/

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
User avatar
wjjw
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: September 24th, 2005, 2:39 pm

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 8th, 2012, 9:33 am

So I am curious, with those of you who have explored meditation and have researched into the power of the mind and our conciousness, have you tried setting intentions towards overcoming your BFS? If so and have been unsuccessful, I would like to offer some of the things that helped me.

1. Don't accept BFS as something you will have for the rest of your life. When I was diagnosed I somehow knew at my core that this was not permanent. I did not accept it and never gave up on trying to find answers rather than coping drugs, supplements or methods.
2. When setting intentions, don't use the word twitch, anxiety or any other symptom description or term. Instead say things like "I am calm, I am in control of my thoughts and my body, or I am perfectly healthy." If you don't believe it when you say it, keep saying it. If you've ever heard about how pathological liars lie so many times that they start to believe it, well that's what you want to do. Say it until you start to believe it. The power of the mind and your conciousness is more than you know or think you know.
3. Don't give up on this. It may take days, weeks, months, or even over a year but I guarantee you that over time you will see positive changes if you apply this logic towards intending what you want.

To elaborate on number 2 above, the reason you don't want to use symptom terms or descriptions is because the conciousness does not know negatives. Saying "I will not twitch," and "I am calm" might sound like the same thing to the logical mind, but in reality they are two completely different. Its kind of like if someone tells you not to think of bananas. Guess what you just thought of? Bananas! Think of the positive not the negative. When you think of the negative in terms of not wanting it, you are still thinking of that negative thing and thus you are giving it your energy and attention. You want to give your energy and attention to the outcome you want, not the outcome you don't want.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
User avatar
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

PreviousNext

Return to Experiences with BFS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest