Almost 1 year later - still cured

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby SecretAgentMan on September 10th, 2011, 4:50 pm

Hi all, I haven't been on the board since around 9 months or so. Its been almost a year since my symptoms were about gone. I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I'm still cured and doing quite well. For anyone that doesn't know or remember, I found the answers I was looking for in homeopathy after conventional medical doctors and neurologists failed me. Homeopathic doctors vary in skill and technique just the same as conventional medical doctors, so you'll find good ones and bad ones (so don't write it off if the first doc you find is a quack). If you're open minded and want to give homeopathy a shot I can from experience recommend finding a doctor with the following traits:

1. Skilled in muscle response testing/bio-feedback techniques
2. Chiropractor MD who uses gentle adjustment techniques
3. Skilled in NAET or similar (Nabudripad's Allergy Elimination Technique)
4. Has experience in digestive health (since our immune systems are primarily tied to the gut)

That's basically it. Find a doc that's skilled and experienced in these areas and you should be in good hands. It took approximately 6 months of bi-weekly visits (on average), but I noticed gradual improvement along the way which encouraged me to continue and reassured me that I was on the right track. Each of us is different, but this is ultimately what led to my recovery. I hope and pray that it works for you as well. BFS was hell, and I would not wish it upon my worst enemy. Send me a PM with any questions and I'll be happy to help. I don't usually come here anymore so any response on the thread I may not see for a while. Thanks and good luck.

Oh and if you live anywhere near St. Louis, MO or Dayton, OH I have doctors I can recommend as I was treated in both of these locations.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Re: Almost 1 year later - still cured

Postby Richard on September 10th, 2011, 6:28 pm

Good to see your update. I think about you periodically and I am glad you are doing well.

-Richard
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on September 10th, 2011, 10:01 pm

Thank you Richard. I hope you are doing well too.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby tiggida on September 11th, 2011, 12:00 am

Wow, I want to try this. Wish you knew someone in California!!!
tiggida
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby kstoruk on September 12th, 2011, 4:35 am

Hey,

The fact that you're cured says nothing for the rest of us unfortunately, homeopathy has been proven time and time again to be nothing else but placebo, a very pricey one at that. I envy you though, i wish i could believe all this stuff and set a placebo effect so strong that it will actually modulate my immune system and cure me, but unfortunately i'm a notorious pessimistic and skeptic so that works against me in this situation.
Anyways, i appreciate that you're trying to be helpful and that you don't go zealot like the chronic lyme guy did some time ago, but keep an open mind that if these things actually would work they would be curing cancer in the hospitals with homeopathy right now, homeopathy works for you because YOU believe in it.
kstoruk
Hero
Hero

Postby chrissi on September 12th, 2011, 5:50 am

We say here: who heals is right . I found a lot of alternative medicine actually very helpful. While homeopathie never worked for me, e.g. acupunkute helped me several times. And osteopathie...WOW, that's my thing!!! I know a very skilled osteopathic working physio-therapist , and he did wonders for me.I haven't seen him for BFS , maybe I will give it a try. I wouldn't call homeopathy a placebo, only because it doesn't work for me.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby kstoruk on September 12th, 2011, 6:08 am

I call it a placebo because science proved it is one, in the other alternative disciplines there haven't been enough studies to prove that they are or not useful, but for homeopathy it was proven it doesn't work, as for me, i took many homeopathic meds, including oscillococcinum for colds and never did i get any response, if it worked for you it's not due to the content of the actual potion, it's due to how you feel about it.
The placebo effect is the best thing one can get, it actually produces real tangible results, but it's not due to what you swallow, you might as well just touch the bottle, or think about the bottle, if you believe it will help there will be some benefit, it's that strong. As for the other alternative medicine medicines, i tend to believe that the older something is, the higher the chance there is some merit to the claim, so chinese acupuncture and medicine might work, there have been some cases where modern medicine was wrong regarding chinese herbs: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/194160.stm.
So the jury is out on ancient medicine and herbs, but for stuff like homeopathy that was invented recently (20th century), well, i made my point.
kstoruk
Hero
Hero

Postby chrissi on September 12th, 2011, 6:24 am

I also tried a lot of it.Well, homeopathy for me didn't work and neither did these bach's flowers. But I know a lot of people that swear that it helps really good for them. Now I guess what might help are these Schüssler's salts with BFS. If it is caused by irregularities of the nerve's menbrane due to stress/autoimmune or whatever, it is possible to influence the membranes potential by the ions you take in. Actually these are the ones that build it up and make currents flow along the membrane surface. But one has to be very careful, depending on what causes the irregularities it can also make it worse. So I guess there may be people here that profit from the one ion, the nextr one from another. And I'm quite sure that some people would even benefit from having some ion levels LOWER than recommendet. But as we don't know what's actually wrong with our nerves, we can only try things to find out what works.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby Richard on September 13th, 2011, 8:57 pm

In defense of SAM, there is some interesting quasi-science about what he did. No it is not necessarily scientifically proven and it didn't work 100% for me. But here it is:

1. You take antibiotics which kills the bad and good bacteria in your small intestine
2. Without the good bacteria your small intestine does not digest nutrients properly
3. Lack of nutrients causes auto immune disorder problems

Personally while it didn't cure me, I believe this to be at least partially true. I do not take flu shots nor antibiotics. If I get ill I suffer through it.

I suppose if something was to kill me I would take an antibiotic. But we use it for common colds and to stop animals from getting sick. We use anti-bacterial to was our hands when soap and water work fine. The use of antibacterial and antibiotic in the U.S. is just crazy.

My 2 cents...
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on September 13th, 2011, 11:27 pm

Glad it worked for you, will have to read more of your posts.
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby SecretAgentMan on September 21st, 2011, 8:19 pm

kstoruk wrote:Hey,

The fact that you're cured says nothing for the rest of us unfortunately, homeopathy has been proven time and time again to be nothing else but placebo, a very pricey one at that. I envy you though, i wish i could believe all this stuff and set a placebo effect so strong that it will actually modulate my immune system and cure me, but unfortunately i'm a notorious pessimistic and skeptic so that works against me in this situation.
Anyways, i appreciate that you're trying to be helpful and that you don't go zealot like the chronic lyme guy did some time ago, but keep an open mind that if these things actually would work they would be curing cancer in the hospitals with homeopathy right now, homeopathy works for you because YOU believe in it.

kstoruk,

I appreciate the post, but I do have to disagree that it is just the placebo affect. There is a real science behind homeopathy, just not the science that is embraced through conventional medicine. The homeopathy that worked for me was rooted in quantum physics if you can believe that. Yep, the science aspect that Einstein called 'spooky' because he didn't fully understand it. Well, in the recent years there have been some major advances. I think the reason it isn't mainstream is because of a majority of the masses who can't wrap their minds around something Einstein himself thought was 'spooky'. That doesn't mean that it doesn't work though. You are allowed to be skeptical, just make sure it is a healthy skepticism. Don't make up your mind before really digging into it for yourself. Please, please don't take this the wrong way, but your current position is one of ignorance (not having all the facts but arriving at a conclusion regardless). That's just how it is with so many others as well, and the result is a majority of people who won't accept it or even give it consideration.

That having been said, there is merit to what is also known as the placebo affect. What exactly causes the placebo affect? Is it not the power of the mind steering the direction of reality? How is this possible for our minds to have this powerful of an affect if our consciousness is not somehow linked on a quantum level (a higher dimension) to the 3D world we perceive with our other senses? Think about that. Does the placebo affect work on people who are in positive modes of thinking or to those in negative modes of thinking? The answer is that healing takes place to those who are positive. Its no coincidence either.

Now there was more to my healing than just positive thinking. In fact, my positive thinking and attitude did not come about until I started experiencing success. So how could my healing be associated with the placebo affect if I started off just as skeptical as the next guy who's never used homeopathy before? The answer is in the science my friend. The science was the answer and this lead to a positive attitude on my part because I was feeling better. The positive thinking only helped accelerate and aid my recovery.

This success does not have to be mine alone. That's why I post about it here. I want others who truly want to heal to experience this too. If this message is not for you, then so be it. We are all on our own separate journeys and have to make decisions for ourselves. I only wish to provide the information for those who chose to listen. I wish you the best of luck.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on September 21st, 2011, 8:55 pm

Richard wrote:In defense of SAM, there is some interesting quasi-science about what he did. No it is not necessarily scientifically proven and it didn't work 100% for me. But here it is:

1. You take antibiotics which kills the bad and good bacteria in your small intestine
2. Without the good bacteria your small intestine does not digest nutrients properly
3. Lack of nutrients causes auto immune disorder problems

Personally while it didn't cure me, I believe this to be at least partially true. I do not take flu shots nor antibiotics. If I get ill I suffer through it.

I suppose if something was to kill me I would take an antibiotic. But we use it for common colds and to stop animals from getting sick. We use anti-bacterial to was our hands when soap and water work fine. The use of antibacterial and antibiotic in the U.S. is just crazy.

My 2 cents...

Thanks for the post Richard. The 3 bullets you posted above were on candida, which was a big part of my problem. I am sorry that it did not help you the way that it helped me. There still may be hope for you though through the learning that I experienced after getting rid of the candida. First off the best way for every individual to get to the bottom of their symptoms is to seek a homeopathic chiropractor who practices a form of bio-feedback.

This is where the quantum physics science comes in, and also where it will lose a lot of people. Through bio-feedback techniques a homeopathic chiropractor can determine the priorities of what is stressing your body to the point that it is manifesting a dysfunctional nervous system. The reason bio-feedback works is because of that quantum link that each of us has through our subconscious. To what though? A higher, hidden dimension? Its not fully understood yet. Quantum entanglement experiments have shown that entangled particles will 'communicate' with eachother faster than the speed of light, which is supposed to be the speed limit of the universe. Other experiments have shown that human consciousness is also capable of quantum communication which defies Newtonian Physics. Modern scientists are still experimenting and trying to understand this better, but meanwhile homeopathic doctors have been using it for years to get in touch with the subconscious mind, which governs our autonomic nervous systems and immune systems to determine what the priority of our bodies are. Similar to how our body will give 'tells' when undergoing a polygraph (lie detector) test, practitioners learned years ago that the subconscious mind will give similar 'tells' to answer questions about what is causing us health problems. The subconscious part of the brain is the one that knows exactly what is wrong because it is the one dispatching antibodies or compensating for trauma. Yes, it sounds nuts. I didn't believe it at first, but it got me results and it proved itself time and time again to me. Why is it not mainstream? Well, probably because this kind of science is still ahead of its time and too many people can't wrap their minds around it. That's ok though, you don't have to understand it to benefit from it. The practitioner will do their thing, basically going through the different systems of the body until they get a bio-feedback response indicating that area is in distress. Once they know the distressed area, they can narrow it down further as to what the cause is. In the case of allergies, its almost always a distressed liver that cannot handle the toxins it is trying to filter out of the blood. Each of us can have any number of root causes, but I can't tell you what those causes are, but your own subconscious mind can. Its the one dealing with the problem. Your twitches and other symptoms are its way of crying for help.

The human body is resilient. Whenever we encounter a trauma or new stress, it will adapt to make us continue to feel good. If you think of the body as a glass, each trauma and/or stress will fill that glass with water. The body can only adapt so much before the water begins to spill over and we manifest disease, disorder or dysfunction. By the time we show symptoms there has been quite a bit of damage done. In the case of BFS, the avenue that the body channels its cry for help is through a dysfunctional nervous system.

Take all of this for what it is worth. I'm a mechanical engineer who has an obsession to know how things work. When I first experienced bio-feedback and started seeing results, I became fascinated with quantum physics. I've learned a lot over the last year and continue to learn more. Its mind blowing stuff. Anyway, best of luck to all of you.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby kstoruk on September 22nd, 2011, 4:43 am

Well SAM,

Iintially i thought to post something rational and explain to you that mentioning quantum physics by a health practitioner is a red flag for quackery, as is almost evertything that you said but i won't bother.
I won't take the hope away from desperate people that want to try homeopathy as a last resort or alternative, please do so ...
I am willing to try anything that has the slightest chance of being valid, like herbal medicine and vodoo but not homeopathy as it has been proven to be quackery multiple times, or who knows, maybe the quantum particles in the homeo potion that were in overimposed states chose to collapse the wave function and differentiate into an universe where doctors observe them and they do nothing, you can never know ... :)

PS. Thanks for calling me ignorant.
PPS. If homeopathy was used in hospitals http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0
kstoruk
Hero
Hero

Postby MissBehavin on September 22nd, 2011, 6:40 am

I'll be the first to admit that I don't understand the science of all of this, however, I do believe that the mind has unbelievable power. Look at how alot of us manifested more problems after googling. I wish we had a homeopathic Dr. around here, but I live in the sticks and I think the closest one is like 50 miles away, and of course not covered by insurance.
In my younger years when I had severe social anxiety I was put on medication. I hated the way it made me feel. I quit that and went to a center for healing arts and learned about meditation and visualization. It helped me infinitely more than the medication, and I still use it today.
MissBehavin
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SecretAgentMan on September 22nd, 2011, 6:32 pm

kstoruk wrote:Well SAM,

Iintially i thought to post something rational and explain to you that mentioning quantum physics by a health practitioner is a red flag for quackery, as is almost evertything that you said but i won't bother.
I won't take the hope away from desperate people that want to try homeopathy as a last resort or alternative, please do so ...
I am willing to try anything that has the slightest chance of being valid, like herbal medicine and vodoo but not homeopathy as it has been proven to be quackery multiple times, or who knows, maybe the quantum particles in the homeo potion that were in overimposed states chose to collapse the wave function and differentiate into an universe where doctors observe them and they do nothing, you can never know ... :)

PS. Thanks for calling me ignorant.
PPS. If homeopathy was used in hospitals http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0

kstoruk,

Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it quackery. I won't get into an argument with someone who already has their mind closed.

To anyone else who has their interest perked in the possibility that there is science that exists that explains many of the mysteries that conventional models struggle with,

Here is an example for you to research on your own demonstrating the very same link between our subconscious mind and this higher dimension. Look into the term 'remote viewing.' This is a link with a short synopsis, but the internet is full of information (and disinformation). http://paranormal.about.com/od/remotevi ... iewing.htm

The short story is that back during the cold war, US intelligence learned that the USSR was utilizing psychics to gather intelligence and they were being quite successful at it. When the Pentagon funded a project to begin studying psychic phenomenon they made an astounding discovery in the laboratory environment with their control groups. They realized that ALL people have this ability if they learn to use it. That is the ability to mentally 'view' events and places anywhere in space and time. One of the pioneers of the military's technique, Ingo Swann, was able to successfully 'observe' and report many details about Jupiter before our first probes ever reached the planet back in 1973. The army's remote viewing project was defunded and declassified in 1995, but it is still believed that many other divisions of the DoD still use this as an intelligence gathering tool. The reason I'm talking about remote viewing here is because it utilizes that exact same mental connection that the practitioners tap into in order to diagnose you. But no, don't worry they can't read your minds. Biofeedback is a binary feedback method with yes or no answers depending on if your muscle stays strong or goes weak (in the case of muscle response testing).

The rabbit hole goes deep, and I assure you this stuff is real.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Experiences with BFS