Persistent Finger Twitch/jerking keeping me up

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Persistent Finger Twitch/jerking keeping me up

Postby dogma on August 24th, 2011, 4:07 am

I'm used to the normal twitching, buzzing and other sensory symptoms that go along with BFS. Lately I've been kept up by my left hand having twitches/jerks in the index and pointer finger. The whole action feels like fascics on the inside of my forearm that run up to my left hand causing my fingers to twitch/jerk. They feel somewhat like violent twitches on the inside of my forearm and affected fingers to me, but are mostly just noticeable when watching them physically twitch/jerk.

Does it make sense that the twitching is really on the inside muscles of my forearm that are really causing my fingers to involuntary twitch and jerk? This is driving me nuts making me wander to think I have something more sinister. Can someone offer similar experiences?

I've had the occasional finger twitch, but it's been a "hot spot" the last few days.
- Dx of BFS in Y2K.
dogma

Re: Persistent Finger Twitch/jerking keeping me up

Postby dogma on August 24th, 2011, 2:41 pm

Anyone...Bueller...Bueller....
Looking for some reassurance on this one. It's a really bothersome symptom for me thats got me rattled.
- Dx of BFS in Y2K.
dogma

Postby MissBehavin on August 24th, 2011, 6:35 pm

Bueller...Bueller- love that movie. Yes it make sense that a twitch in your forearm would cause your index finger to twitch. I'm gonna hazard a guess that within a few hours to a couple of days this will pass. Nothing too worry about, nothing sinister.
MissBehavin
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby johnnythejet on August 24th, 2011, 6:58 pm

dogma wrote:I'm used to the normal twitching, buzzing and other sensory symptoms that go along with BFS. Lately I've been kept up by my left hand having twitches/jerks in the index and pointer finger. The whole action feels like fascics on the inside of my forearm that run up to my left hand causing my fingers to twitch/jerk. They feel somewhat like violent twitches on the inside of my forearm and affected fingers to me, but are mostly just noticeable when watching them physically twitch/jerk.

Does it make sense that the twitching is really on the inside muscles of my forearm that are really causing my fingers to involuntary twitch and jerk? This is driving me nuts making me wander to think I have something more sinister. Can someone offer similar experiences?

I've had the occasional finger twitch, but it's been a "hot spot" the last few days.

What is "normal twitching"? A twitch is a twitch, whether its big, small, on your hand, in your forearm, etc. Does it make sense that a twitching muscle can move a finger? Sure it does. And what would lead you to believe that ANY new twitch would be due to something sinister? If you start thinking this way every time you get a new type of twitch, well....you are gonna have a rougher time with this. I still get new stuff after 6 years.
As for your twitch description, it sound exactly like something I've had before. Each twitch is fairly intense, and I can feel it deep inside my forearm. I described the feeling almost as a little ticklish. It was a very weird feeling, and it would move a finger or two...usually toward the palm if I remember correct. And I remember seeing it when viewing the underside of my forearm. I probably had it off and on for a month or two. You might have it for a shorter time, or longer time, but its benign regardless.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby kstoruk on September 8th, 2011, 4:59 am

I have twitches in my forearms that activate the tendon and eventually move the fingers, it's part of this syndrome, i can't really laugh at it as other members can but i know it's not als or ms. You should also.
kstoruk
Hero
Hero

Postby tiggida on September 11th, 2011, 12:05 am

My fingers all of them on both sides to exactly as you describe. sometimes it's just the fingers others it's the muscle in the forearm that causes it all the way up my arm to my fingers. It's one of my major hotspots I am 14 months into this and this has been going on for about 11 oro 12 months of it
Tanya
tiggida
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby dogma on September 27th, 2011, 9:48 am

Those twitches in the subject line have more or less passed. It really goes to show how one moment you can have a persistent symptom, and next it is mostly gone. The symptoms lasted a solid week and have since been occasional, maybe a half dozen "noticeable" twitches per day. I thought I'd share as that symptom really had me stressed and has now since become a memory.....until it rears up again! :D
- Dx of BFS in Y2K.
dogma

Postby dogma on September 21st, 2012, 2:58 pm

They're back....my finger twitching in my left hand has been mostly obsolete for months, but came back with a vengeance this past week. I have the sensation of the muscles are involuntary contracting in my pointer and index fingers, and they will move/jerk/twitch/"adjective here"....

I've been mostly absent from this site for a while, but thought I'd post and let everyone know it didn't disappear. My BFS tends to wax and wane a bit. I always have the occasional twitching, but mostly unnoticeable stuff. This particular hand/finger twitch is one that gets annoying.
- Dx of BFS in Y2K.
dogma

Postby Bosley22 on September 21st, 2012, 3:04 pm

Wait dogma, you've had bfs since the year 2000?!!!
Bosley22

Postby dogma on September 24th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Bosley

That is correct. I was about 23 when I was given the diagnoses.

-dogma
- Dx of BFS in Y2K.
dogma

Postby Bosley22 on September 24th, 2012, 11:35 pm

wow dogma its reassuring to say the least to see somebody with bfs for so long. I wish you the best of health. Stay well buddy. I'm from illinois btw not too far from you

Stay strong, Chad
Bosley22

Postby marbito11 on October 24th, 2012, 2:57 pm

use to happen all the time. ever since ive started to work out, its hasnt been that bad. however, it does happen on occasion....it just happened right now.
marbito11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS