Does this sound like BFS?

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Does this sound like BFS?

Postby bobajojo on July 30th, 2011, 6:36 am

One more thing... The only reason I haven't started the med is bc I'm fearful of adding new symptoms. But my twitching is zoning of control and worrisome that I will definitely start it. Crossing my fingers. I would do anything to get my life back! :?
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby TwitchyDoc on July 30th, 2011, 8:49 am

bobajojo: Neurontin (gabapentin) can increase your symptoms, this has been reported many times - OR it can decrease them, also reported by many. I have never had sensory problems until I started it. So do not be scared if your twitches do not stop rather than change their shape. The results should be stable after week or two, you have to hold on.
I would personally recommend Tegretol, this has been proven as very effective in benign fasciculations, its sodium blocker which, in layman terms, just stabilize the membrane which is probably hyperexcitable in BFS.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby bobajojo on May 14th, 2018, 8:02 am

May 14, 2011 was the first day I noticed fasciculations all over my calves. Here I am 7 years later. Proof that this is benign. The twitches have gotten much worse over the years as my elbows crawl with twitches all day long as constant as my calves but I’m living a happy NORMAL life. Twitch on!
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Experiences with BFS