Twitching Tom, a new member

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Twitching Tom, a new member

Postby Tom on April 24th, 2004, 12:53 pm

I'm very excited to have found this site. My twitches started 15 months ago. I have them 24/7. Like most of the stories I've read, I thought I had ALS. After 5 months of stressing out, a neurologist told me I had benign muscle faciculation. I searched the internet, but could find nothing using those 3 words in my searches. I felt like I was the only person on earth experiencing this combinaton of twitches, burning sensations, tingling, and other assorted aches and pains. I believed my neurologist's diagnosis, but still I've had lingering doubts as strange new symptoms come and go. When I discovered this site, I felt like I found 600 new friends. Thanks to those that created this site and all of you that have helped educate me about bfs. I wouldn't wish bfs on anyone, but its calming to know that I'm not the only one.
Tom
Interested
Interested

Postby dont on May 8th, 2004, 3:07 pm

What kind of pain did you experience? Thanks.
dont
Hero
Hero

Postby Tom on May 8th, 2004, 10:13 pm

I often get hot spots. It feels like I have something very hot against my skin or just under my skin. Ocassionally, I'll feel like I ran a marathon after a day of normal activity.

Tom
Tom
Interested
Interested

Postby Brian_B on May 9th, 2004, 2:15 am

the important thing to remember is even though BFS is annoying and its not normal it wont kill you

I actually have a friend whos a neurologist and he has BFS too so I talk to him a lot. i thought it was funny in a way even though he knew better he still thought he had ALS even though he knew he shouldnt think that.
"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS