Caveman Diet (McCombs Plan)

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Caveman Diet (McCombs Plan)

Postby ImOK on October 9th, 2010, 5:45 pm

So Richard - what's up caveman? Did you start adding foods back in or have you lost enough weight to have been caught in a good gust and carried miles from your keyboard?
ImOK
Saint
Saint

Postby Richard on October 9th, 2010, 11:33 pm

ImOK wrote:So Richard - what's up caveman? Did you start adding foods back in or have you lost enough weight to have been caught in a good gust and carried miles from your keyboard?

IMOK. As of this morning I now weigh 197.5. My goal weight is 200 lbs or to wear a size 36. So I guess I am there.

Although my gut still hangs over a little on my size 36 pants (though size 38 is to big).

I have not started adding foods back. A few more weeks before that.

So far no change in my symptoms.

-Richard
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Postby ImOK on October 10th, 2010, 2:28 pm

Great news on reaching your target weight - are you doing any core work for your mid-section? Not so great news on the symptoms but sometimes no news is good in that you have stabilized and even the diet didn't kick things up a notch. I noticed that some people here at the forum complained about that - going on a specific diet and their symptoms worsening. It will be a good test to see if adding any specific foods in causes problems. I always found that certain foods irritated symptoms when they were bad (about a year ago now) but don't notice it now. Best of luck.
ImOK
Saint
Saint

Postby Richard on October 11th, 2010, 2:57 pm

ImOK wrote:Great news on reaching your target weight - are you doing any core work for your mid-section? Not so great news on the symptoms but sometimes no news is good in that you have stabilized and even the diet didn't kick things up a notch. I noticed that some people here at the forum complained about that - going on a specific diet and their symptoms worsening. It will be a good test to see if adding any specific foods in causes problems. I always found that certain foods irritated symptoms when they were bad (about a year ago now) but don't notice it now. Best of luck.

Hi ImOK,

This week I started taking probiotics (it is part of the diet). It will be interesting to see if this changes anything.

I have really not noticed the symptoms getting better or worse. Just seem to be the same for me.

Though there is this idea that if you loose weight you need to detox because fat cells store up toxins.

I haven't been doing any workouts at all. I used to do upper body every other day. But I have been really busy at work and have given that up :(.

I don't do core workouts because I had a back operation and I am really concerned about herniated another disk. Really paranoid on that.

Interestingly, I have gone down 2 pant sizes without a core workout which means I am loosing fat around the mid section. This is suppose to be a great place for men because of the theory that it is fat around the mid section that interferes with internal organs.

-Richard
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Postby kstoruk on September 22nd, 2011, 8:54 am

I bumped this up just toa sk you if anybody got any results with this diet?
Thanks.
kstoruk
Hero
Hero

Postby Richard on September 22nd, 2011, 10:40 pm

kstoruk wrote:I bumped this up just toa sk you if anybody got any results with this diet?
Thanks.

Wow Kstoruk, what an old post you picked out.

Did the caveman diet in combination with the McCombs plan fix me. No. Did it make me better. Maybe.

I am 7 or so years into this and I have kind of found a way to live with it. Some days it annoys me. Some days I look at some of the posts that people have done and think about printing them out and taking them to my primary doctor, who seems pretty willing to let me try things.

However, most of the time my life is so busy with other things that I don't bother. And tick tock time passes.

My BFS if you will might have been caused by damaged nerves from a herniation and subsequent operation on my back at l5/s1 on April 30, 2004.

I can tell you one thing that is interesting. I recently started running again. I am 43 years old. I am working up to 5K. Which is not much, but hey I am an old man some give me a break.

Anyway when I ran a few years ago my calves would go crazy after stopping. Now, not so much.

I have noticed that over the years my symptoms had decreased somewhat. Very, very, very slowly.

So did the caveman diet and McCombs plan help. Maybe. I am definitely not cured.

On a side note, I still take probiotics. I think there is enough evidence on digestive health and auto-immune factors. And this is from someone who doesn't take vitamins...
Richard
Saint
Saint

Postby GD13 on February 24th, 2012, 10:32 pm

Hi, sorry to butt in, but the caveman diet doesn't include rice, corn or any grains. I also read through your meals and you're not getting enough protein, especially withmthose small breakfast meals.

Try cutting out the grains and se if it helps. Much of the inflammation is caused from grains. Also if your looking to lose fat, limit the fruit to 1 serving max a day, add more protein and some fat
GD13
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Experiences with BFS