CRAMPS IN BACK & NECK-

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

CRAMPS IN BACK & NECK-

Postby Christian_88 on May 8th, 2010, 1:47 pm

Since i have BFSC-(with cramping)--my latest...in my ever changing symptoms are increaded slightly painful cramps...in my back...(by my spine)& in the back of my neck-

When i lie on my stomach -& my wife puts hot wet towels on my back...I can feel the relief of the spasm...& as it "loosens"...the muscle starts to twitch...(or some myoclonus)-! (same w hot shower...! But...the spasms come back)

What makes the muscle go into a "tight spasm"...rather than a twitch...or fasic or myoclonus!? At least the twitches...fasics/myoclonus...does not hurt!

But--I hate the painful muscle spasm! My neuro gave me an Rx.....for Skelaxin...(800 mg)---but...as of yet--I have not taken one...(I THOUGHT about taking a half...400mg)--but....just am so afraid! (i read 'side effects'...of nausea..etc)...I ONLY feel 'secure'...in taking...my trusted...."Valium"--! :wink:

OK---my questions---(you there Mario...jro..New Zealand Dr...& others)---
1) do any of you experience painful muscle spasm?

2) WHY do they occur? Are they just another "form"...of an "hyper-excited" muscle? Cause when wet heat is applied...it.."breaks up"...the spasm....(tightness)--& the muscle "twitching'...or myoclonus starts!

3) have ANY of you here....tried....Skelaxin? If so--how much....AND...does it help? (any nasty side effects)--it's similar to "Flexeril"

Please---get back-! I AM.....a bit 'panicky'....AGAIN...reason being......I CAN HANDLE....having BSF...(w cramping)---I just hope this is nothing different! (NO--I am not talking about the A--- "thing")---Just some other...."strange"...neuro disease! :shock:
Hoping to hear...from some of you--Regards--Christian...(PS...& I 'worry'...about when i go out to Mayo Clinic..in early July--it...will...'stop'...awhile...& the Mayo neuro will not be able to see it!)-- Christian :)

Is this just part of the 'big BFS"...spectrum!? :(
Christian_88

CRAMPS IN BACK & NECK-

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS