Clear test outcomes, encouragement for all!

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Clear test outcomes, encouragement for all!

Postby Jayel on February 18th, 2004, 2:15 pm

I just wanted to share that I had multiple EMG tests after five months of this fear, even though my first two early on were clear. My doctor did not recommend any follow up visits after my last round of tests, and he told me he even has BFS! Mine, as many of you have followed, has progressed into my tongue which has been most annoying of all. It feels swollen and thick, but is not difficult to use in speaking or throat muscle difficulties with swallowing.

Just curious, my right arm just wouldn't relax during the EMG, so I saw some sharp waves on the screen. (ANYONE ELSE HAVE THAT HAPPEN? You can never get enough reassurance!!) Doctor assured me it was NOT denervation, just tense muscles. Anyways, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

I am thankful for the tremendous support on this forum and hope my message helps those who are still awaiting the dx of BFS. I will check in to see how all of my fellow twitchers are doing. For now, I need a break from all of this, it has been exhausting!!

Jayel
Jayel
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby thetwitchkid on February 18th, 2004, 3:37 pm

Congratulations ! Now let's all focus on the great things in life !!
thetwitchkid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby garym on February 18th, 2004, 5:37 pm

jayel,

about your arm not relaxing, that happened to my left calf during my first emg. The dr. kept telling me to relax. He wasn't worried, but i was. During the second emg, it didn't happen. So I think i was just really stressed and tense, probably the same for you. I wouldn't worry.

Congrats on the news!

Gary
garym

Thanks...

Postby Jayel on February 19th, 2004, 11:42 am

Thanks Gary and Paul, and to all of you for your support over these months. Once again, I cannot express my gratitude for all so willing to share so opening and reassure so completely. You all have angel wings, I am sure!

Jayel
Jayel
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Thanks...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS