Your COMMENTS PLEASE

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Your COMMENTS PLEASE

Postby TexasTom on February 11th, 2004, 10:07 am

I AM 62. MY PROBLEM STARTED ABOUT3+ mos ago wit left foot pain after walking. Tried diff shoes, no help. Had new orthotics made no help. Then I started putting other problems Ive had together. Left calf smaller for X # yrs, fasc 24/7 for @ least 1+ yrs. n both calves worse in left, occas other parts of thighs ,arms hands. Here are the 2 weird ones, during the nite I have srechibg sensation, and I strech, in upper body & legs. Inthe morning when get up feel BLAH. Have EMG in 2 days. Last, been on Lipitor for 3+ yrs, blood last wk showed 285 for creatine kinase. Worry level high. COMMENTS PLEASE i
TexasTom

Postby jcavan4125 on February 11th, 2004, 6:08 pm

Hi Tom,
Welcome to the board. Sorry to hear about your problems. Obviously, it's hard for anyone to say much definitively about your situation given that you haven't yet been evaluated. At least you didn't mention a neurologist or anything (Have you been to a neuro?). The fact that you have no apparent weakness and have been twitching for at least a year is of course a good sign. The calf difference is bothersome but I take it that you are not sure how long it has been that way. How much of a difference are you talking about (1/4", 3/8")? The EMG will shed alot more light on the situation. The stretching sensation doesn't immediatley ring any bells for me.
The lipitor is also a confounding factor; it alone could be the cause of your elevated CPK and your physician should have told you to hold the lipitor until this was all sorted out. Are your liver functions OK?
Good Luck and keep us informed!
Joe
Joe... "That which does not kill us makes us stronger"! - Nietzsche
jcavan4125
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

EMG RESULTS

Postby TexasTom on February 14th, 2004, 2:26 pm

I had my Emg yesterday, showed muscle damage in left calf ONLY. Fascs in all muscles checked. Prosess of elim now, MRI monday to see if cause for calf. Dr feels pretty good but cant rule out early ALS like he wants to. Put me on .5 0r 1mg of klonopin, tryed it last nite, had less fascs, less restless legs.
TexasTom

Postby garym on February 14th, 2004, 3:22 pm

thoughts and prayers with you.

good luck,
Gary
garym

Postby PDR on February 16th, 2004, 9:34 am

Bset Wishes.....

Keep us posted
PDR

Sponsor

Sponsor